Black Ops 2 PS3 Patch 1.08 Update
Black Ops 2 Black Ops 2 Patch Activision Treyarch
In addition, the Patch Notes also describe many fixes to further balance the spawn system for the Hijacked and Standoff maps as well as tweaks to more weapons in the game, including slightly nerfing the the MSMC and PDW sub-machine guns. The patch is titled Patch 1.08 on the PlayStation 3 and weighs in at 79MB.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Patch Notes: 12/03/2013 for PS3 and Xbox 360
- The CODcast control panel can now optionally show the overhead map in the player list in games with 10 players or less.
- Added the ability to view past seasons for all the leagues a team has been a part of in League History.
- Background Downloading has been enabled on XBOX 360. (Only for Xbox 360).
Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Resolved an issue where players were receiving an error message when trying to join a System Link or LAN Party lobby without internet connection.
- Resolved an issue where clients could not join a PS3 LAN Party when not connected to PSN. (Only for PlayStation 3).
- Resolved Select Fire reverting back to default settings after a round transition.
- Fixed a potential exploit using the Trophy System.
- Addressed an issue with the Collector’s Edition camo un-equipping from weapons.
- Addressed an issue on PS3 with some Revolution map loading screens showing a checkerboard image and occasionally giving an error message on load after downloading the pack from the in-game Store. (Only for PlayStation 3).
- Addressed an issue with the Peacekeeper not appearing for players that join into a match that is already in progress.
- Resolved an issue on Drone where the automatic doors at the weapon plant would trigger/destroy Lethal Equipment.
- Addressed an issue with the highlight for the Dual Band Scope on players equipped with certain weapons.
- Fixed an issue with the planted bomb disappearing at the “B” site on Hydro when the water floods.
- Addressed an issue with the VTOL Warship not destroying if hit when exiting the map.
- Players will now be able to complete the Shredder Scorestreak challenge using a Death Machine from a care package.
- The Stealth Chopper no longer counts towards completion of the Chopper Hunter challenge.
- Resolved an issue where planted Riot Shields were not getting destroyed by the gondolas in Downhill.
- Resolved an issue with C4 and Bouncing Betty’s killing players on contact.
- Fixed an issue where the Combat Axe would sometime destroy the Guardian.
- Addressed a missing image issue with the Medals section of the Combat Record for new players.
- Players with Hard Wired equipped will no longer lose their Care Package if throwing it while an enemy EMP Scorestreak is active.
- Fixed an issue with bomb plants being automatically aborted while a Care Package or Hunter Killer Drone is equipped.
- Addressed a graphical issue with the small thumbnail CODTV videos on PS3. (Only for PlayStation 3).
- Hosts can now kick players in Custom Game lobbies.
- Hint text for the Camera toggle in the Live Stream menu updated to include support for the XBOX 360 Kinect sensor. (Only for Xbox 360).
- Videos being rendered in the Theater will no longer be automatically canceled when the controller disconnects.
- The CODcast UI is now displaying the flag for the Flag Carrier in the Objective column.
- Addressed a button mapping issue in the Emblem Options menu.
- Resolved an issue with the red crosshair appearing in the Target Finder when targeting an enemy equipped with Cold Blooded.
- Fixed an issue with the stats tracking for the Executioner’s Accuracy in the Combat Record.
- Resolved an issue with the Mission Complete trophy on PS3. (Only for PlayStation 3)
- Fixed an issue where the Friends List showed a joinable/green arrow icon for players who were not playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.
- Resolved an issue where the turret in the northern building on Turbine would become unusable.
- Addressed an issue with the Lightning Strike Scorestreak if the player had the tablet out during a host migration.
- Fixed an issue with some weapons having invisible magazines from 3rd person animations during an automatic reload.
- Resolved an issue on XBOX 360 with backing out of a Guest Account sign-in. (Only for Xbox 360).
- Addressed an issue where the game would sometimes crash after repeated host migrations.
- Fixed knife lunge launching players on the Express map.
- Fixed an issue where the player could get an empty War Machine or Death Machine when switching classes at the start of the match.
- Addressed a loss of functionality for the player and guest when switching between Multiplayer and Zombies and having the guest switch back to Multiplayer.
- Match clocks in Multi-Team and Free-for-All games modes no longer continue to tick down in Theater when a CODcast game is paused.
- Resolved an issue where planting a Claymore in front of a crouched player with a Riot Shield would cause the Claymore to fly across the map.
- Resolved a couple of overlapping UI issues when CODcasting.
- Players can now turn the Voice Icon On/Off when CODcasting a match in Theater.
- Freed up some additional memory when transitioning from Zombies to Multiplayer to improve stability on PS3. (Only for PlayStation 3).
- Addressed an issue on PS3 with the Calling Cards not sorting properly after unlocking them. (Only for PlayStation 3).
Spawn System Improvements:
- Reduced the weight of positive team spawn influencers on owned Domination flags. This reduces cases in Domination where players may spawn near their team but also near danger.
- Added more spawn points to Hijacked for Demolition and Kill Confirmed, which improves the spawn-picking algorithm on that map in those game modes.
- Adjusted spawn influencers on Standoff for improved spawn-picking algorithms in all game modes.
- MSMC: Recoil has been increased.
- MSMC: Hip fire accuracy has been slightly reduced.
- PDW57: Recoil has been increased.
- PDW57: Hip fire accuracy has been slightly reduced.
- KAP-40: Dual wield damage reduced.
- KAP-40: Dual wield hip fire accuracy has been reduced.
- MMS: Cold blooded now renders enemies almost completely invisible to MMS.
- QBB-LSW: Medium range damage increased.
- HAMR: Medium range damage increased.
- FAL OSW + Select Fire: Damage reduced when firing full auto.
- SMR + Select Fire: Damage reduced when firing full auto.
- Type 25: Move speed increased.
- Type 25: Medium range damage increased.
- SCAR: Long range damage increased.
- SWAT-556: Long range damage increased.
- M1216: Medium range damage increased.
- Ballista + Iron Sight: Idle sway reduced.
Zombies Issues Addressed
- Resolved several issues with exploitable areas in the Die Rise
- Resolved several exploits in Green Run
- Resolved network/connectivity issues that could occur in the frontend and lobbies.
And finally, Treyarch have also released a Community Update video to describe the latest news in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Check out the video below.
Source: Activision Community Updates - PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Chat about this in the forums at: Black Ops 2 PS3 Patch 1.08 Update