Saintsy

Re: General TV thread

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:47 am

I did start watching Marco Polo, but i just couldn't get into it. Most i know enjoy it, I just cant get into it haha.

Axe99
Site Admin
Topic Author
PSN: Axe99
Steam: Axe99

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:37 am

Finished watching The OA the other day.  Not bad, a tiny bit slow paced for my liking, and a few potential plot holes, but interesting and quirky (if a tad heavy at times).

Axe99
Site Admin
Topic Author

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:24 am

Finished watching Season 4 of Vikings on Netflix (or "Ragnar Lodhbrok teaches us how drugs are bad").  Noticed there's a fair few licenses running out on 23rd of March (including Dr Who, much sadness), if peeps have been sitting on things, good idea to watch any they're particularly keen on.
Last edited by Axe99 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

GraphicX
Site Admin
PSN: GraphicX
XBL: SerenityBlaze
Steam: GraphicX

Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:23 pm

i still haven't watched the last season on there of vikings, have to get to it.

spectre51
PSN: spectre51

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:42 pm

Finally got to watch the last half of season 5 the final season of Hell on Wheels wasn't too bad but it did feel it went out with a bit of a whimper. I managed to skip an episode and I didn't really notice story wise too much other then a I guess it went to plan shows that one episode wasn't too important. Still while it wasn't too of an exciting ending it wrapped everyone up well enough.
Overall was quite an enjoyable series and I feel it ended at the right time and didn't overstay its welcome.

Axe99
Site Admin
Topic Author

Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:50 am

Nice one Spec :).  I'm a big fan of series that know when to call it a day.  Currently watched two of three episodes of "Five Came Back" on Netflix.  It's a documentary about five wartime film-makers, but it's really well done - cut and edited and presented in a way that makes it interesting and easy to watch.  In a really nice touch, Netflix also put up at least most of the actual wartime films that are discussed in the doccos, so you can watch the docco about the docco film and then watch the docco talked about in the docco :D.

Axe99
Site Admin
Topic Author

Mon May 15, 2017 7:37 am

Just finished watching Black Mirror on Netflix - it's a series of stand-alone 'near future' sci fi stories, and they've got a uniformly high level of quality.  I highly recommend the last episode of season 3, but there are quite a few that are well worth a look.  They tend to the dark side of things, although from memory I think one or two had a happy ending :).

GraphicX
Site Admin

Sat May 27, 2017 3:55 pm

i started watching that but it was pretty ordinary, does it pick up or was that what you were after ?

watched the new season of last kingdom, that's a top show for me.  still got to finish vikings too.

Axe99
Site Admin
Topic Author

Sun May 28, 2017 8:58 am

Ah yes - are you talking season 1?  Season 1, episode 1 is probably the worst episode, unless one is particularly partial to pigs (and no, that wasn't what I was after :P ).  Also the weakest season.  I'm a bit of a completionist, but just watching Season 3 would get the best quality ones.  They are a bit mixed, but I thought the good ones were quite creative and thoughtful.  Definitely not for everyone though.

Speaking of series that pick up, on season 4 Red Dwarf starts improving - when I started watching it, it was a bit like watching season 1 of the Simpsons.  Potential, but didn't really convert.

GraphicX
Site Admin

Sun May 28, 2017 6:59 pm

might have to revisit black mirror, give it a second chance.

how bad was resident evil final chapter ?  also watched alien convenant, that's excellent but could've gone for 4 hours & still not covered everything.

spectre51
PSN: spectre51

Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:26 pm

Watched Season 5 of  House of Cards wasnt too bad but it did feel kinda samey to previous seasons in how things would play out but that ending has gotten me excited for the next season be interesting to see how it goes I do feel that next season will probably be the last otherwise I think it will feel dragged out the storyline they set up for really feels like a series ending conclusion. Still enjoyable to watch though wanting to see so much comeuppance handed out to so many people.

What do people think of the Netflix rating change to the Thumbs up/down I dont like it it needs neutral for my mental need to rate things I've watched I cant just chuck a 3 at it like I did with the stars somethings are just middling. 

Axe99
Site Admin
Topic Author

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:09 pm

I finished Ep 2 of Season 5 of House of Cards as well - like you, I'm hoping that things catch up with people at some stage (and I think this is hinted at), and agree that they need to think about resolving the story one way or another (although I may feel differently by the end of S5).  The acting is still top notch, but the longer they string it out, the less (and less!) plausible Underwood's luck is.  Still an interesting show though, I hope it does have a proper ending, rather than try and drag on.