GasClown
Site Admin
PSN: GasClown
XBL: M4EL5TR0M
Steam: GasClown

Re: General Movie Thread

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Indeed - GotG2 I'm excited for as well. Hoping that Valerian is great too. Oh - and the next Planet of the Apes (whatever it's called).

Axe99
Site Admin
Topic Author
PSN: Axe99
Steam: Axe99

Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:27 pm

Only bumped into a trailer for Valerian the other day, definitely looks promising.  GotG2 and the next Thor as well (although the next Thor is probably the least 'safe' bet there).

Personally looking forward most to Dunkirk - Christopher Nolan usually does a pretty good movie, and the subject material should give him plenty to work with.  Although he might have to live without as many surprise twists as he likes :).

SmokeyPSD
PSN: smokeypsd
Steam: smokeypsd

Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:08 pm

I love whatever Nolan does haha. One of the few people I'll be interested in something just because it's him.

Axe99
Site Admin
Topic Author

Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:33 am

Aye, me too - yet to be disappointed (or even "that was alright but nothing to get excited about") about any of his films yet :D.

Michael Bay, on the other hand.....

Aromaki
PSN: Aromaci
Steam: Aromaki

Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:41 pm

Guardians of the Galaxy is the only Marvel movie series I care about anymore. Tired of the Captain Americas and Iron Mans. Also finally watched Rogue One. SO GOOD!!! Love how it fits into the OG trilogy. 

SmokeyPSD
PSN: smokeypsd
Steam: smokeypsd

Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Yes to all of that Aro lol. As a jaded fan I absolutely loved Rogue One.

Axe99
Site Admin
Topic Author

Sat May 06, 2017 9:41 am

Watched 'The Whistleblower' on Netflix the other day.  Very heavy (it's about people corrupt UN officials trafficking people into sex work in the balkans) but well done - worth a watch if looking for something serious and thought-provoking.  Has Benedict Cumberbatch in a bit-part - how far he's come!

GasClown
Site Admin

Mon May 08, 2017 1:26 am

Speaking of whistleblowers - watch this one. Was going to post it quite some time ago... should provoke some thoughts as well. :D

Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb18kkVlRh4
Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPMOjV9SMOo

Axe99
Site Admin
Topic Author

Mon May 08, 2017 8:07 am

Haha, the truth is out there :).

GasClown
Site Admin

Mon May 08, 2017 10:06 am

Axe99 wrote:
Haha, the truth is out there :).

Just watch it mate - some interesting history in there. Be warned though, if you're new to it, it can be a quite shocking and hard to believe.

Axe99
Site Admin
Topic Author

Mon May 08, 2017 11:42 am

I'll see how I go, a bit uncomfortable today, and giving it a quick preview, it looks like an awful lot of talking heads (and the start, that we've been 'lied to' for 6000 years sounded a tad far-fetched, nothing stays secret that long!)  Will try and give it a crack when I'm a bit less creaky (watching talking heads while uncomfortable/in pain doesn't work well, I struggle to focus).  Thanks for sharing :).

GasClown
Site Admin

Mon May 08, 2017 11:08 pm

All good mate - I'm not asking you or anyone to believe it, completely understand that a lot of it sounds far-fetched and very hard to believe.

Here's another one - Ex-Defense Minister of Canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt1WVeyMqdo

There are plenty out there - but definitely not trying to ram this down your throat.

Also watch Unacknowledged: An Exposé of the World's Greatest Secret - I 'think' it's on Netflix now (I don't have it). If not, it's definitely on iTunes. It'll be a more 'soft' introduction into the subject matter.

Axe99
Site Admin
Topic Author

Tue May 09, 2017 7:38 am

Cheers for the link - at 10 minutes I gave that a look, I could manage that (and the old bloke ambled along at a nice, sedate pace too :)).  I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if UFOs exist - given the size of the universe, it's highly, highly improbable they don't, whether they're visiting us or not.  As for whether they're visiting us/we're aware of them beyond speculation, I think there's some chance of that, but the trick is sifting stuff that's true from what isn't (noting that a lot of what isn't may still be believed to be true, although some pretty obviously isn't), and that's too complicated for me :).

GasClown
Site Admin

Tue May 09, 2017 8:14 am

Axe99 wrote:
Cheers for the link - at 10 minutes I gave that a look, I could manage that (and the old bloke ambled along at a nice, sedate pace too :)).  I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if UFOs exist - given the size of the universe, it's highly, highly improbable they don't, whether they're visiting us or not.  As for whether they're visiting us/we're aware of them beyond speculation, I think there's some chance of that, but the trick is sifting stuff that's true from what isn't (noting that a lot of what isn't may still be believed to be true, although some pretty obviously isn't), and that's too complicated for me :).

Yeah - there is a lot of 'shit' out there unfortunately. But some ideas are put out on purpose to confuse everything or blur the actual truth. It's all deception.
The way they keep things secret is of course threats (to the individual) but also compartmentalisation and a need to know basis. They don't release this stuff on mainstream media either, and if it is, they make it out to be a joke. But that's all part of their plan - so if anyone with credibility (like a scientist as an example) comes out they are just ridiculed and basically their career is ended.

Ps. The guy is 93 (at that time). As said, there's some great history in there about the moon landing, WW2 and other stuff. I thought because you like ships and stuff you might be interested as he was in the Navy and also a pilot and aerospace engineer. But yeah, if it's too much for you - zero pressure!

Axe99
Site Admin
Topic Author

Tue May 09, 2017 12:25 pm

Well, you didn't say he was in the navy, that's a draw :).  It is quite long though - about three hours wasn't it?  I might try and tackle it in 'bits'.