SmokeyPSD
PSN: smokeypsd
Steam: smokeypsd

Re: The whats playing/played thread

Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:07 pm

I enjoyed World of Final Fantasy on Vita but you've played much more than me I'd say lol. 

Actually done a decent amount of FF15 and I'm enjoying it. It is incredibly different and it doesn't really feel like a Final Fantasy but I'm finding myself ok with that and enjoying the story and the a little inbalanced mesh of openworld/linear rpg.

spectre51
Topic Author
PSN: spectre51

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:01 am

^Yeah the battle system does get a bit samey the longer you play it nothing changes to much, without that fastforward it would probably be a pain to play.

Finished up Wolfenstien: The New Order (PC) wasn't too bad had the same issues as with Old Blood and that's just environment interactivity a few times I would have trouble climbing out of water mashing the space bar, got stuck on the wrong side of a railing after a jump and couldn't climb over it and the vault animation just doesn't feel smooth.  Other then that the shooting was enjoyable it succeeds in killing Nazis and gives you plenty to shoot at. I enjoyed being able to skip some enemies and stealth some sections across the two games its a nice option and doesn't feel too tacked on the enemy doesn't always provide for this but its not that type of game so I don't expect it to.

Might move back to Farcry Primal now and finish that up.

AroGantz
PSN: AroGantz

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:19 pm

I've become insanely addicted to Destiny again, looking forward to D2

spectre51
Topic Author

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:41 pm

Downloaded the 4hr StarsWars Battllefront(PC) Trial weighing in at 52gb since it's tempting $6.66, even with the limited singleplayer so I figured I'd give the trial a go. Its not too bad though the lack of modes and maps available against bots is a negative maybe if they had patched the DLC maps in I might've bought it but I feel I'd be better of just waiting for 2 to release and get to a price I'm happy with.

So I went back and finished FarCry Primal (PS4) its nothing special travelling around the map gets annoying as time goes on, i did enjoy the main missions but yeah while it had its moment not exactly the most riveting of games.

And with that I finished my PlayStation backlog so I decided to go back to DriveClub(PS4) and finished off the remaining stars and had a look at the elite levels the star requirements are easily met only missing the ones from the two DLC packs not in the season pass and having to set a certain time on a track to level up is cool but the having almost all the stars makes getting the fame requirements a bit of a grind, dont think I will end up doing them all just take too long.

Axe99
Site Admin
PSN: Axe99
Steam: Axe99

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:34 am

Can't go wrong with Driveclub (well, other than grindy achievements.....).  Those 52GB downloads for a trial....!  How's life in the 'no backlog, free to choose' world Super-Spec? :)

Great to hear FF15 is going well Smokey, and best of luck for D2 AG :).

Back to playing some HoI4 again here, a new patch out and giving it a shake.  Civ VI still very good though - my 'best civ ever' at this point at least.

spectre51
Topic Author

Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:52 pm

^its the full game so I found you did want to purchase after you can play straight away. Seems the only way to get demos of games nowadays so I'll cop it if there's enough usage left.

It's wondering why the hell I playing PS4 when I still have a backlog on PC. Nothing's reaching out at me on it though, so I won't force it. Not feeling like committing to something quite just yet.

GasClown
Site Admin
PSN: GasClown
XBL: M4EL5TR0M
Steam: GasClown

Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:35 pm

How is everyone? Managed to get in some F1 2016 gameplay before the (F1) Summer break finished. F1 2017 just released but I just can't see myself buying it, they need to have upgrade prices like with software for those that have purchased it the year before. Just seems like a ripoff charging full price each year.

Axe99
Site Admin

Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:09 pm

Hey Clowny :)  Great to hear you were able to get some F1 gaming in 8-).  How's things over your way?

Totally agree on the full price every year thing, particularly in the age of digital distribution.  One of the things I like about the way Paradox handle their strategy games is they just keep bunging on expansions, and tend to run regular sales for the base game and earlier expansions, so while you spend a little for an improved game each year, you're paying for new stuff, rather than for the wheel being reinvented every 12 months.

Been playing a little more Civ VI, it feels like the 'progression' (tech, cultural, expansion) is the best balanced in the series yet - in the other games, by this stage I had an "optimum run", but it's much more finely balanced and contextual this time around, makes for a great game (although the tactical AI is still a bit wobbly) :).

GasClown
Site Admin

Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:44 am

Axe99 wrote:
 How's things over your way?

Peaks and valleys. Thus is the duality of life.

Axe99
Site Admin

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:40 am

GasClown wrote:
Axe99 wrote:

Here's hoping more peaks than valleys (so some ridges joining the peaks, or am I pushing the analogy too far?)  Good luck with everything :).

GasClown
Site Admin

Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:25 pm

Axe99 wrote:
GasClown wrote:
Axe99 wrote:

Here's hoping more peaks than valleys (so some ridges joining the peaks, or am I pushing the analogy too far?)  Good luck with everything :).

Not at all mate - plenty of ridges... more ridges and peaks than valleys thankfully. And where there is a valley, there is always a peak on the other side.

Axe99
Site Admin

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:20 am

Great to hear - good luck with keeping a quality high-average-metaphorical-altitude :D.

GraphicX
Site Admin
PSN: GraphicX
XBL: SerenityBlaze
Steam: GraphicX

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:35 pm

just finished postal 2, was pretty crap.

Axe99
Site Admin

Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:30 am

:(  Don't go postal over it :P.  What's next?  Hope it's a good deal better :).

AroGantz
PSN: AroGantz

Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:03 pm

I've set myself up for disappointment for the first time since KZ3, so hyped for D2.