Axe99
Site Admin
PSN: Axe99
Steam: Axe99

Re: The whats playing/played thread

Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:43 am

Good luck - hype is dangerous, but also very enjoyable when the game converts on the promise :).

AroGantz
PSN: AroGantz

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:39 pm

Not disappointed, they have done well.

Axe99
Site Admin

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:23 am

Great to hear :).

spectre51
Topic Author
PSN: spectre51

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:09 pm

Started playing Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4) only up to where you get your ship for the first time, enjoyed what little of it I've played, though that scanning thing has the potential to get on the nerves I think. Graphically the environments looks good and even though they are different the space ships bring back memories of being on the previous games ships.

Also started One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (PS4) doesnt play too differently from 1 (never played 2) the increase in amount of playable characters is nice defensively a wider variety but it plays as you expect from a Muoso how ever its spelled game. Good genre to just muck around with fighting hundreds of enemies without much effort. 

spectre51
Topic Author

Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:10 pm

Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4) starting to see lack the disappointment that crowded the game. I can see textures loading in even on characters when you talk to them, the environments have dropped a bit graphically from the first planet, you cant change teammate equipment either and have had several pauses which I am contributing to level loading. 
I do like having access to all abilities though can mix and match as you see fit. I also like the banter between teammates when on the ship and when out and about has me wondering how much there is between all the different combinations you could make. 

Axe99
Site Admin

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:18 am

I'm not surprised something's come up, I heard a lot of bellyaching immediately post-release.  Lots of banter is good though (well, depending on the writing, but ME has traditionally had pretty good 'banter' writing :)).

GraphicX
Site Admin
PSN: GraphicX
XBL: SerenityBlaze
Steam: GraphicX

Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:29 pm

i've been playing the original borderlands, have completed the main story & 2 of the DLCs, i think i have 1 or maybe 2 DLCs left so will hammer through them.

Axe99
Site Admin

Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:31 am

Nice one - the original Borderlands goes well - has some rough edges that the sequels don't, but also has some 'rough charm' that they don't either.  How'd you find it?

GraphicX
Site Admin

Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:51 am

i played it on ps3 before, so wasn't anything new.  i didn't mind playing it solo this time as before i found all the parties i was in had mic issues & the variation between peoples levels were too great making the enemies unbalanced.

Axe99
Site Admin

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:35 am

Aye, that was the biggest issue in Borderlands (and Borderlands more generally, although it improved in 2 iirc).  I wonder how modern games are going with the 'mixing levels'  issues?  Vale SOCOM and similar, where there were no levels - much better :).

GraphicX
Site Admin

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:25 am

successfully completed divinity original sin enhanced edition.  i'd already completed the original & had no issue replaying it as it's such an amazing game.  some parts of the story & battles etc have clearly changed, all the dialogue now has voice overs etc too which made it far better.  easy 10/10 for this one.

Axe99
Site Admin

Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:29 pm

Great to hear Graph :).  Is it still fairly hard-as-nails?  You'll have to get into the sequel now :).

spectre51
Topic Author

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:35 pm

Been playing Witcher 3. Over 80 hours in now. Started on death march difficulty and once over that starting hump it's not too bad. You still can die pretty quick so quen is a must but once you get a few skills, oils and potions it becomes quite manageable.

Such a massive game almst fully explored the novigrad/Velen region, skellige is still littered with ? But with so many over the water and just what seem to be cache I have to desire to get them all.

Such a pretty game as well so many gorgeous backdrops, constantly out in the wild you are getting wallpaper worthy images, and the atmosphere with how the envirminet just feels alive is brilliant. Trees swaying, sun rays poking through as it sets or rises, seeing and thunderstorm roll in off in the distance and even seeing pockets of sun poke through and thunderstorms clouds to give brief bits of light on the ground. even 80 hours in it still providing plenty of eye candy.

Main complaint I have with it is it auto switching between combat mode and non, got stuck on a tiny ledge fighting cause it switched to combat mode mid jump and you can't climb in combat mode so naturally I fell off the small edge and died. Plus also trying to trigger it if you want to parry archers from afar before getting in close and trigger the sword weilders otherwise you press the button to parry and you just get witcher mode and cop an arrow to the face.

SmokeyPSD
PSN: smokeypsd
Steam: smokeypsd

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:48 pm

Awesome, yeah I found when I uped the difficulty I found combat much more engaging with a lot more of the systems kicking in like potions, food etc. I've still been slow with the expansions but it's my own fault for switching platforms. 

I'm pretty sure there's a mod you can find spectre to make it so you manually swap in and out of combat if your interested.

spectre51
Topic Author

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:37 pm

:\ i did do a quick search about the auto swap back when i noticed it would be a problem but only came across other people questioning/complaining. 

Yeah on Death March, Thunderbolt and oils always needed to help do damage. I kept meaning to grab the auto apply oil mod but ironically I was too lazy to do so so I kept doing it manually. Black blood for vamps big help as well, along with certain bombs being big helps at certain times. I liked Axii puppet master early on but felt it less useful later on base Axii was good for helping to get decapitations against humans. So yeah definitely opens it up from just spam quick attack. Some enemies could be annoying waiting for an opening to attack. Getting bleeding applied with oils ability was the big on for me made a massive difference against some enimies having bleeding whittle away more then my swords could do.

The Heart of Stone exp felt a step up in difficulty over the main game quit a few tough fights in that though one harder then need be though since i wanted the achievement but again it makes you make use of everything you have and to read patterns. 

I did think I would stop after I finished the main story to give me a break but I just kept going DLC just as good as the main game both have enjoyable missions really loved one of the main ones in Heart of Stone such good fun. Toussaint is my favourite of the maps it nails that fairytale feel for me I wouldnt think they could still wow me with backdrops but with that map they kept managing it.