SmokeyPSD
PSN: smokeypsd
Steam: smokeypsd

Re: The whats playing/played thread

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:00 pm

Seems a shame about Mass Effect, I honestly wasn't enthused to begin with, I absolutely love the first one but with how the series progressed I just don't think I got excited for Andromeda.

straussy240
PSN: straussy240
Steam: straussy240

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:32 pm

Yeah some of the reviews I just saw are a but worrying. Still going to play and see for myself

Aromaki
PSN: Aromaci
Steam: Aromaki

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:58 pm

Axe99
Site Admin
PSN: Axe99
Steam: Axe99

Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:38 am

Cheers for the video review Aro :).  Sounds like it still needs a good couple of patches before it gets there.

straussy240
PSN: straussy240
Steam: straussy240

Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:46 pm

I played last night for 4 hours. Had to use a vpn and connect to a server in Korea to play earlier than the 23rd. Worth it! Wife was away, so played in my underwear and barely did anything else that night lol.

The animations are off for sure. It's kind of distracting if not a little sad/hilarious. Might turn on the subtitles as at times I forgot what was happening due to me wondering what they did wrong. Shame really.

The combat is great. Lots of freedom to change abilities on the fly and mess around when and where you want. Still need to mess around with research and development. For the life of me can't where my preorder bonuses are!

The story is not as bad as the reviews make it seem. I can see how the story is developing and I like it. You definitely get the feeling you are untested and everyone is looking to you to survive. The kett are so far 1 dimensional, but the remnant have promise as do the exiles.

The voice acting and dialogue could be better. I like crew conversations. Sometimes they make me laugh and other times it is cringe worthy. Press spacebar to skip!

The mmissions aren't too bad. Don't know why people get surprised with gameplay in rpg. Short of reinventing the wheel, you will be fetching stuff for lazy people, investigating this and killing that.

It's a new world. Well galaxy confined to a cluster really. Shall keep you updated folks

Axe99
Site Admin

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Well that's good news, great to hear it's going down well :).  Particularly good to hear the gameplay holds up :).

GraphicX
Site Admin
PSN: GraphicX
XBL: SerenityBlaze
Steam: GraphicX

Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:40 pm

i'm looking forward to mass effect, but going to hold off.

started playing the banner saga tonight, for those that don't know it's a persistent game where choices matter & apparently even carry over into part 2 & even part 3 when it lands.

my start was a bit poor as i think i lost a couple of characters i'd probably need, as with any game i'm really keen on i'm going to start over again now that i have an idea of what's going on.

Axe99
Site Admin

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:26 am

Nice one Graph?  That's turn-based combat aye?  Would be very interested in your thoughts, good luck with your second go-round :).

GraphicX
Site Admin
PSN: GraphicX
XBL: SerenityBlaze
Steam: GraphicX

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:06 pm

yeah turn based combat, it's actually fairly hard right now, second play is going much better but still no walk in the park.

SmokeyPSD

Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:18 pm

I loved Banner Saga on PC. The music especially stuck out for me. Lost my save though so not sure how to go about 2 and and on what platform with it on going on vita even.

spectre51
Topic Author
PSN: spectre51

Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Tearaway Unfolded (PS4) my main complaint would be that it does drag on a bit it goes on for several more levels past when I thought it would finish granted the ending did alleviate that annoyance as it was a nice ending it just went on a long enough to grow a bit long in the tooth. Other then that I enjoyed it, was nice to look at everything blends into the paper style so well, it made good work of the PS4 controllers features though I do feel the touch pad is a bit small at times for drawing it was still fun getting to intereact with the game from the usual ways. 

Ratchet & Clank (PS4) was so cool getting to revisit the first game and see how much they change from the original. The story while having the same basic premise(Drek building a planet) is quite different but I didn't mind it. Was fun seeing old planets and enemies and remembering them, some planets were changed up a bit while others were similar to their original layouts. Main knock against it is it is shorter, there is less planets to visit so I can see why it wasn't released as a full price game. Main annoyance would be the final boss ran out of ammo for all weapons the first time and just couldn't gather more ammo with re-spawning boxes quick enough to defend my self. So I decided to go get the Ryno and killed the boss in a few seconds so good to see they kept the Ryno greatly overpowered was a good nostalgic moment of the series for me. 
Visually it is quite stunning though this stunning comes at a cost as I did suffer some performance issues when bolts and explosions are flying and covering the screen which happens regulatory in a R & C game. Overall was fun getting to go back to it and would love for more re-imaginings of the other games.

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands (PS4) id probably stick it in the average to good range it does have its moments where it is fun but also its fair share of annoyances and such. Quite a nice looking game considering it size the backdrops you can come across are nice on foot you really can feel the vastness of the map with the draw distance as well as the verticality of some parts of the map. The squad A.I. does feel it has taken a step back from the previous games though they aren't that good usually until you die then they go into terminator mode and have rarely failed to revive me but in the same token they have let the enemy flank me when I focusing else where when they are right there. They are like Ellie for TLOU they are invisible to the enemy until engaged and at times they have been reluctant to fire even when told. They story is alright I do like its big web layout and seeing how the parts of the cartel function and how they interact with each other being able to tackle it in any order you want and only having to finish 2 of the 4 arms to get to the boss of bosses is nice. I kinda find it a bit of a conflicting game as it is quite fun at times, but other times its neutral or annoying.

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4) kinda bit down on this it was enjoyable at times but it feels a step back on the previous titles in areas. I feel it lost its colourfulness of the previous games other then the first few tutorial levels the following levels were mostly darker and such I kinda expect the levels to be more happy and colourful looking. It was also shorter the levels themselves felt shorter as well and the new characters were woefully underused in my opinion. So yeah it was kinda disappointing overall wish the adventure had more levels and made better use of the new characters.

Axe99
Site Admin

Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:07 am

Nice one Spec :).  Particularly good to hear the Ratchet and Clank remake turned out well :).

Been checking out the latest expansion for Stellaris (Utopia) here that came out a couple of days ago - early signs are that it's a good improvement, but need more time to get a good feel for things.

DC91
PSN: DanielleC91

Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:24 pm

Just started playing NieR. Never play an RPG before but I'm enjoying it so far.

spectre51
Topic Author
PSN: spectre51

Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:20 pm

Inside (PC) got it with Humble Monthly no clue what any of it means or what happened, finished it in just over 3 hours. Not really the type of I get excited over, It does nail the creepy, tense, bleak atmosphere right from the start. Had a feeling of unease for a good part of it. Not really my colour palette with the darkness and bleakness but still its style does give some nice backdrops. Controlled completely fine never gave me any issues never had any glitches or such. While the "timed" puzzles did up the urgency I didn't like them although while quite short sequences a few were annoying I hate the dogs, did like the puzzles that you could take your time with. 
Story wise no clue why or what happened probably some hidden meaning or message that has remained hidden to me unsurprisingly only one story event did annoy me slightly when it happened.
I can see why people who like this type of game hold it in high regard I cant really fault it, even how it loads chapters and starts the game seamlessly from the menus is cool just comes down to personal taste, still while all bleak and such the puzzling was enjoyable and it was oddly intriguing to see how if it could continue to get more creepy and how it would play out.

SmokeyPSD

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:24 pm

Nice with Nier man, I'm attempting to not buy anymore games right now and actually finish some lol.