GasClown
Site Admin
PSN: GasClown
XBL: M4EL5TR0M
Steam: GasClown

Re: The whats playing/played thread

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:51 pm

Pity that you didn't like Inside that much Spectre - probably my fave game last year. I think the brilliance lies in its story telling through the journey without any dialogue. It's ending is open for interpretation, so make of it what you will... that's what I love about it as well.

Was tempted to get the Humble Monthly last month with The Witness but I'm a bit with Smokey - although I'm just not playing anything at all these days.

SmokeyPSD
PSN: smokeypsd
Steam: smokeypsd

Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:10 pm

As I say that someone really generous just gave us a copy of Persona 5 :D:D lmao 

They ended up with a spare copy somehow from ordering one and then just picking up another from a store. I'm not questioning it really.

GraphicX
Site Admin
PSN: GraphicX
XBL: SerenityBlaze
Steam: GraphicX

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:14 pm

finished banner saga the other week, it wasn't bad, but nothing special.

have been playing farcry 4, it's pretty bad in all honesty, bit of a chore to play, have no interest in the characters or missions etc.  it's a shame as i thought farcry 3 was pretty cool, especially the opening vid.

Axe99
Site Admin
PSN: Axe99
Steam: Axe99

Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:35 am

Shame about Far Cry 4.  It's sitting in a corner somewhere hear waiting for me to get well enough to enjoy playing it, sounds like it shouldn't be at the top of the list if/when I get back to that level :).  Surprised to hear Banner Saga 'alright', given how high profile it was at release.  Glad to hear it wasn't bad though :D.

spectre51
Topic Author
PSN: spectre51

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:39 am

GasClown wrote:
Pity that you didn't like Inside that much Spectre - probably my fave game last year. I think the brilliance lies in its story telling through the journey without any dialogue. It's ending is open for interpretation, so make of it what you will... that's what I love about it as well.

Was tempted to get the Humble Monthly last month with The Witness but I'm a bit with Smokey - although I'm just not playing anything at all these days.

Yeah just not a theme I can fully enjoy I do have a preference for colours/less creepy but cant deny the game is quality and polish I enjoy enough that will have a look into their next game the artwork they released for it as intrigued especially if I can expect that quality and polish again.

I started Uncharted 4 (PS4) gave survival mode a go not really how you do a horde mode quite grindy to unlock weapons, powers, and to level so your damage and health increase and also to gain relics so you can purpose one-use boosters to help feels like a massive step back from something like Mass Effect were it never felt grindy.
Played up to chapter 8, so far liking the balance between combat and non combat areas though combat areas are still telegraphed so much its not funny. You can definitely feel things they took from the Last of Us in the game. One thing that bugs me is the grappling hook and why timeline wise it disappears in games 1-3. I also feel the stealth is kinda bit half-done, crouch zones are annoying why cant i always crouch also wish there was an option to drag bodies even a few metres but yeah stealth isn't that straight forward really requires you to scout and watch the enemies since there is no marking or mini-map. Still it is an improvement over the first 3 and will not as fully in as I would like the option isn't a bad thing to have I also liked seeing the A.I. buddy get a few stealth kills of his own brought a smile to my face seeing him do that without commanding(Which you cant). 
Enjoying it so far animation and presentation are top notch, all the locations provide pleasant backdrops of which you can really see the detail gone into everything. 

GasClown
Site Admin

Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Bought Dishono(u)red 2 for 50% off on the Humble Store. Hopefully get some gameplay in over the long weekend.

spectre51
Topic Author
PSN: spectre51

Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:26 am

Started Dirt Rally (PC) First thing I did in the game was go get Loeb's Pug and took it around Pikes Peak, took me just over 10 minutes to do cause I had no idea on the track so I end up crawling around it trying not to drive off an edge. I then gave a normal stage a go in the Ford S2000 has I love that car, was over a minute slower then the easiest A.I.
I then gave a daily event ago was 3minutes off the leader which I consider a win but still somehow managed to get in the second tiers time range so got a few credits out of it.

Then decided to start an actual championship in the Mini(On the easiest level),  I usually vary between 10-30s off the leader(which puts me around 2-4th place) though managed to win a shorter stage. 
Also gave a rally cross daily a go but didn't know the track went off first corner and got a flat tyre and lipped around the 4 laps.

Edit: Fell in a ditch and ended was "unrecoverable" when I was finally leading a rally -_____- couldnt it have at least been a spectacular crash to end on. It also promoted me to the next level cause I finished 3rd in the championship ignoring that I never really got close to winning a rally bar one time I usually could be anywhere from 20s to over a minute down unworthy promotion.

Axe99
Site Admin

Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:17 pm

Commiserations about that ditch!  Sounds like the AI puts up a good fight at least (or at least has competitive times), good luck with the next championship :)

SmokeyPSD

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:30 am

Persona 5 is fantastic, I've forgotten every single other game I've been playing.

Hope you enjoy Dishonored 2 Gasclown, I love what I've played, especially how unique Emily plays and the world building/detail is great.

GasClown
Site Admin

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:42 am

SmokeyPSD wrote:
Hope you enjoy Dishonored 2 Gasclown, I love what I've played, especially how unique Emily plays and the world building/detail is great.

What I played over the long weekend is awesome. As good as the first - no complaints. I like the grumblings of the guards. :D

GraphicX
Site Admin

Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:42 pm

i finished farcry 4, it was very same same.

fired up age of decadence which i've been looking forward to, FARK it's hard, ridiculously hard.  there's some stuff you're simply not meant to do or experience with each play through depending on your build.  but even when i've built a straight up fighting class i'm still getting murdered.

have also started playing CS:GO, i'm terrible lol.

Axe99
Site Admin

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:35 pm

Ye-argh!  If you're finding it hard, I reckon if I so much as looked at the game's launch screen it'd belt me one over the back of the head and leave me stunned ;).  Good luck with it :).

Good luck with CS:GO as well.  Once you get a feel for a mouse/kb you'll be fine.  Can't remember whether I played a little CS:S or CS:GO, but after a couple of hours it wasn't too bad - you'll have a good head for it, think tactically and take advantage of the insane precision a mouse gives you and you'll be challenging peeps to 1v1s in no time :).

Still playing Stellaris here - Utopia's a quality expansion :).

SmokeyPSD

Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:10 pm

Age of Decadence is something I've been meaning to get to when I can, seems to be have been getting the occasional update still which is cool.

I haven't looked at CS is years I'd probably be the same lol.

Overwatch has been driving me bonkers, I've been so close to moving up a tier but I've been moving up and down by 100 points in the season.

GraphicX
Site Admin

Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:34 pm

i won a little blue knife in cs:go, turned out it was worth money, put it on the marketplace & it sold within 2 minutes, got about $US60 from it lol.

SmokeyPSD

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:26 pm

Shit nice lol