GraphicX
Site Admin
PSN: GraphicX
XBL: SerenityBlaze
Steam: GraphicX

Re: General Gaming Talk

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:48 pm

watched the entire mass effect vid, still one of my favorite game series so really looking forward to it.

the perks system seems massive & potentially a little confusing for guys like me *read old guys*, i just hope they nail the overall game as they did with the others.

Aromaki
PSN: Aromaci
Steam: Aromaki

Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Axe99
Site Admin
PSN: Axe99
Steam: Axe99

Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Interesting find Aro - sounds like they got new people to look after the writing and voice acting - the voice acting in the original trilogy was (imo) one of its strengths.  Some of that animation is pretty last-gen as well (and my memory might be playing tricks on me, but it looks like a backwards step for the series).

GraphicX
Site Admin

Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:23 pm

not going to watch a 15 minute vid, but on the animation & facials etc of the characters i thought they looked worse than previous in the trailer i'd seen.

spectre51
Topic Author
PSN: spectre51

Sun May 14, 2017 12:02 pm

Alan Wake is being removed from PC and Xbox due to music licensing issues so some stores have it on sale, so if you want to grab it now would be the time. Steam has it 90%, GOG also 90%

Alan Wake Sunset Sale -90% from May 13th to 15th
If you have not yet played Time Magazine’s 2010 Game of the Year, now is your final chance. Remedy’s Alan Wake is going offline from stores. This is due to the expiration of music license agreements for the game. Alan Wake’s American Nightmare is not affected.

For 48 hours, you can buy Alan Wake including DLCs and Alan Wake’s American Nightmare at a 90% discount on Steam.

If you already own Alan Wake – like the majority of the gaming population out there – you have nothing to worry about. The game will stay in your library and continue to work for you.

GraphicX
Site Admin

Sun May 14, 2017 7:53 pm

surely they'll re-release it with a different sound track ?

spectre51
Topic Author
PSN: spectre51

Sun May 14, 2017 8:53 pm

It said they are looking into re-licensing it but don't have a timeframe. I would guess if that doesn't work out they'll just remove the song and re-release, wonder if thats the case how they will retroactively remove it from all copies or just create a new package on steam to release it under.

GraphicX
Site Admin

Sat May 27, 2017 3:54 pm

you'd think it'd only apply to new copies sold.

Axe99
Site Admin

Sun May 28, 2017 8:54 am

Aye, those things tend to be for new copies as far as I know.

Random question - are any people playing around with that VR thinga-mi-whatsit?  Looks intriguing, but would be curious as to how people are finding it a whiles in.

GasClown
Site Admin
PSN: GasClown
XBL: M4EL5TR0M
Steam: GasClown

Mon May 29, 2017 6:44 pm

How's everyone doing?

GraphicX
Site Admin

Mon May 29, 2017 7:19 pm

fairly good dude, just ticked off a big job at work so glad to have that behind me.  you still busy as a blue arsed fly ?

Axe99
Site Admin

Tue May 30, 2017 7:11 am

Muddling away here Clowny, how are you going at that end?  Still slower than I'd like, but making the most of it :).  Playing a little Cities Skylines, managed to kill off about half the population and convince the other half to leave (got sewerage into the water supply, didn't notice until it was too late!)

GasClown
Site Admin

Tue May 30, 2017 7:48 am

GraphicX wrote:
fairly good dude, just ticked off a big job at work so glad to have that behind me.  you still busy as a blue arsed fly ?

Good to hear mate. Not as busy this week - that can change very quickly though. Nice to finally have a bit of a breather and a proper weekend.

Axe99 wrote:
Muddling away here Clowny, how are you going at that end?  Still slower than I'd like, but making the most of it :).  Playing a little Cities Skylines, managed to kill off about half the population and convince the other half to leave (got sewerage into the water supply, didn't notice until it was too late!)

Doing really good here mate - managed to play a bit of Assetto over the weekend but that's about it. Still seems to be the easiest game (type) for me to jump in and out of without commitment.

But good that all is well with everyone - that at the end of the day is most important.

Axe99
Site Admin

Tue May 30, 2017 2:33 pm

Great to hear Clowny :).  Hope you had a good spin of the wheels on Assetto and get another chance soon :).

GasClown
Site Admin

Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:20 pm

Axe99 wrote:
Great to hear Clowny :).  Hope you had a good spin of the wheels on Assetto and get another chance soon :).

Always enjoy a good spin - even if it's just my head (or even on it).