spectre51
Topic Author
PSN: spectre51

Re: PlayStation Network Thread

Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:05 pm

Your PlayStation Plus games for July are Until Dawn, That’s You and Game of Thrones
Plus, Tokyo Jungle, Darkstalkers Resurrection, more also join the line-up

• Until Dawn – PS4
  • Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series – PS4
  • That’s You – PS4 (4th July onwards)

• Tokyo Jungle – PS3
  • Darkstalkers Resurrection – PS3

• Don’t Die Mr Robot – PS Vita (cross-buy with PS4)
  • Element4l – PS Vita

Axe99
Site Admin
PSN: Axe99
Steam: Axe99

Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:24 pm

Cheers for the latest Super-Spec :).  That's not too shabby at all, potentially PS4's best PS+ yet maybe?

spectre51
Topic Author

Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:20 pm

I don't know Game of Thrones generally seems to be regarded as one of the weaker Telltale games and even see it said not worth it for fans of GoT.
Certainly seem to be getting "non-games" of late though two Tales games now, Life is Strange and Until Dawn. Still doesn't tempt me to re-sign probably in part due to games being cheaper compared to when I would sub to the PS3 one and of course lack of games that interest me appearing on it. Think it has to get under $3 a month before it would start tempting me.

Axe99
Site Admin

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:39 am

Yeah, fair enough - I still wouldn't say it's anywhere near as strong as an average PS3 month at its best, just stronger than PS4 (at least of late, my memory's not so flash).  It seems to be taking a bit longer to build up on PS4, which has surprised me.

spectre51
Topic Author

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:03 am

Your PlayStation Plus games for August are Just Cause 3 and Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry
Super Motherload, Snake Ball, Downwell and Level 22 also join the line-up

Greetings one and all and welcome to the red-hot reveal for the PlayStation Plus July line-up. We hope you’ve all had fun dodging saw blades, meat-hooks and the occasional backstabbing in this month’s macabre selection of titles? We’re happy to confirm we’ve got all manner of mayhem coming your way on 1st August. Without further ado, let’s take a peek.

Just Cause 3
If last month’s slightly more slow-burning mood left you hankering for something a bit more bonkers then look no further. An over-the-top cavalcade of pure, destructive chaos, Just Cause 3 delivers an open-world third-person romp with all the catharsis and tongue-in-cheek dialogue of a classic ’80s action movie.
As Rico Rodriguez, it’ll be up to you to sire political change in your troubled homeland of Medici through a thoughtful application of rocket launchers, wingsuits, grappling hooks and high explosives. Revolution is never easy, but as the old saying goes: if at first you don’t succeed, tie two helicopter gunships together with a grappling hook, cover them in C4 and smash them into an oil refinery… (you can actually do this).

Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry
If, on the other hand, you’re hankering after something a bit more stealthy – and have a soft spot for the high seas – then the mast-straddling, throat-slitting adventures of Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry could be just the very thing.
Set several decades after the piratical exploits of young Edward Kenway, this standalone expansion to Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag places you into the boots of shipwrecked sailor and Brotherhood assassin Adéwalé as he goes head to head with a cadre of French slavers. Expect death-defying acrobatics, copious bloodletting and a few pesky Templars trying to do something dastardly.

As per usual, our PS4 games are joined by four other titles on PS Plus this August. Your full line up looks like this:

Word of warning about Just Cause 3 it runs quite poorly on the base PS4 and really needs the Pro to reach acceptable levels and even then it has frame-rate problems.

Axe99
Site Admin

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:38 pm

Thanks for the info All-knowing Spec :).  Sounds like the range of games might be improving (although appreciate that performance warning).

spectre51
Topic Author

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:39 pm

PlayStation®Plus prices are changing
From 09:01 AEST on 31 August 2017 we are changing the prices of PlayStation®Plus.

- Annually, the price will change from $69.95 to $79.95 per annum.
- Quarterly, the price will change from $27.95 to $33.95 per quarter.
- Monthly, the price will change from $9.95 to $10.95 per month.

The quarterly price doesn't even make sense now, and I thought it was poor enough value now. I really doubt I will ever get Plus outside if they do that one month for a few dollars again it just isn't worth it.

Axe99
Site Admin

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:30 pm

Prices go up I guess, but with the narrow range of games and complete absence of multiplayer for me these days, it doesn't make any sense for me.  With my old playing habits it'd still have been alright (although I don't think anyone gets excited about a price rise :)).  Cheers for the latest, All-knowing Spec 8-).

AroGantz
PSN: AroGantz

Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:11 pm

There is a 15 month for the price of 12 deal on at the moment until the 29th, remembering the price increase comes in just after that and subscriptions stack, I'm currently good until the end of 2019.

Axe99
Site Admin

Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:39 pm

Cheers for the tip AG 8-)

spectre51
Topic Author

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:23 pm

Your PlayStation Plus games in September include Infamous: Second Son, RIGS & Child of Light
Plus, Hatoful Boyfriend, We Are Doomed, That’s You and more

As always, the PS4 line-up is joined by four additional titles – two apiece for both PS3 and PS Vita – which leaves the final line-up looking like this:

Axe99
Site Admin

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:20 am

Cheers All-Knowing Spec :).  A decent month this week, the first two (at least) are quality by all accounts (although obviously not the newest games on the block).

spectre51
Topic Author

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:14 am

Yeah played both the main PS4 titles and enjoyed both. The PS3 titles are a bit :/ you can tell they really don't want to spend too much on them anymore I can imagine there still be PS3 offerings by the end of next year would be curious how many PS3 only plus subscribers are left.

Axe99
Site Admin

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Haha, aye, I will admit I didn't pay any attention to the PS3 offerings - they do look a tad, shall we say, generic!  As you say, I expect there aren't too many PS3-only plus subscribers floating around these days (although could well be wrong).

SmokeyPSD
PSN: smokeypsd
Steam: smokeypsd

Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:28 pm

I'm open at this point to the idea of dropping the PS3 games and getting better offerings on PS4/Vita, they seem to have used up the catalog a bit.