Axe99
Site Admin
Topic Author
PSN: Axe99
Steam: Axe99

The Xbox One X

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Poor Xbox forum didn't have any posts - so figured we should at least have one on Microsoft's shiny new high-end console :).  Have to say I don't particularly care for the naming, but you don't play the name :).  I couldn't find any easy details (although I didn't look very hard, given I'm not in the market for one, but Eurogamer thought it looked quite promising:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... o-see-more

What do others think?  Is the console market getting segmented up a bit (hopefully easier to do with PC-like architectures, assuming that's what the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X (XOX?) are sticking with, so could work out alright for folk.

spectre51
PSN: spectre51

Re: The Xbox One X

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:26 pm

If I was going to get one I'd just stick with the S its been under $300 in price and that price difference isn't worth less jaggies or more consistent frame rate of course that's all ignoring that they release their games on PC now and it'd be cheaper to get Windows 10 over and Xbox. 

That price for me is like something I'd only consider at the start of a generation not this close to the possible start of the next one. Its possible Sony could be talking about a PS5 in 2019 which would make the X not even be on the market for 2 years.

Axe99
Site Admin
Topic Author

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:12 pm

Aye, that sounds like a sensible angle.  I think both the PS4 Pro and XOX (?) are for people with a lot of disposable income, rather than something that a lot of people would save for (although I could be wrong :)).

GraphicX
Site Admin
PSN: GraphicX
XBL: SerenityBlaze
Steam: GraphicX

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:08 am

are there still specs for this thing ?  like how many terraflops it can process etc ?

Axe99
Site Admin
Topic Author

Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:36 pm

I'm a bit tired to read it now, but just swung past Digital Foundry and they've done an article relating to performance:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... s-revealed

At the very least, I'm sure there'll be more shiny :).