GraphicX
Site Admin
PSN: GraphicX
XBL: SerenityBlaze
Steam: GraphicX

Re: Steam/Origin/Uplay

Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:32 pm

there's a website that values your steam profile doesn't it, but only on today's prices for your games i think.

spectre51
Topic Author
PSN: spectre51

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:52 am

Yeah steamdb have a profile calculator but yeah it only grabs the games current price on steam so misses out whether you grabbed games in bundles and such. Since it can only see what games you have on your profile not when or where you grabbed them and might not have all games if they aren't listed in the store anymore.

Like for me the calculator says with sales it would cost $403us(Lowest possible known price)so its off by $70us at least for me since mines like $326us all up.

Edit:
-___________- I have error-ed, lol forgot about gift games, quick guess at my gifted games might put them around $50-$70us bit hard thinking about what they might've been when gifted, and then I forgot it doesn't include a few games not listed which look to be around $13us so should've taken that away, and it looks like it doesn't include DLC which would make sense since most doesnt shows up under games which makes it even more whack as more I shouldve taken away. lol my comparison is a failure :\ 
Last edited by spectre51 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

GraphicX
Site Admin

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:54 pm

mine says $3,648 or $966 with sales, but it's counting many games at almost $40 that i got in one big bundle for a few dollars (almost all the racing car games for example).

spectre51
Topic Author

Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:11 am

New Tax Jurisdictions for 2017
Several countries have enacted sales taxes (VAT, GST, JCT) on sales of digital goods and services that will apply to Steam sales. Look out for changes in your upcoming reports, you will see reporting of taxes in ten new countries.

March 2017:
  • Switzerland 8% 
  • South Korea 10% 
  • Japan 8%
  • New Zealand 15% 
  • Iceland 24% 
  • South Africa 14% 
  • India 15%

April 2017:
  • Serbia 20%

May 2017:
  • Taiwan 5%

July 2017:
  • Australia 10%

The VAT tax amount will be included in the advertised price of your product, just like VAT is currently treated in the EU. This means the customer will pay the price displayed on the storefront, and the tax will be separated out afterwards.

Source: _DangerMouse_ on forums.whirlpool

Axe99
Site Admin
PSN: Axe99
Steam: Axe99

Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:13 pm

'Tis only fair imo - one of the reasons Steam often had the edge price-wise.  That said, always hard to get excited to pay more tax, however appropriate!  Cheers for the info, All-knowing Spec :).

GraphicX
Site Admin

Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:16 pm

not sure how it is fair tbh.  they don't play by australian consumer law by way of refunds & consumer guarantees/rights etc.  if you purchase from such a place then there is risk involved with the tradeoff being a lower price/no tax.

i wonder if kinguin keys will suffer a similar fate ?  once again you're taking risks purchasing there, hopefully we won't have tax there though as their keys are generally global.

Axe99
Site Admin

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:23 am

The law is about online purchases from overseas in general - the idea is that at the moment, if people buy online from overseas, there's no GST, so it's basically a 10% disadvantage to local retailers (which isn't great for Australian jobs, shareholders, what-have-you).  Consumer rights a good point, but suspect most gamers don't think a whole lot about that kind of thing.

GraphicX
Site Admin

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:52 pm

the thing is though the price difference isn't 10%, if that were all it was then of course people would shop local over international every time.  issue is what a lot of people call the 'australia tax', whereby companies charge extra for their product in the australian market when compared to other foreign markets without good cause.  they usually claim that it's due to it being more expensive in logistics in tech support to provide the item in aus, but realistically we're now trapped in the global economy with millions of tons if not billions of tons of items arriving annually & the tech support is all set offshore.

i can only point out that i believe the tax in unfair when you as a consumer have no safeguards should your purchase go missing, fail to meet any warranties or the seller can set the rules totally in contrast to our local legislation, yet the government will still profit from it & remain powerless to do anything.

Axe99
Site Admin

Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:37 am

Aye, that's definitely unfair :).

GraphicX
Site Admin

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:00 pm

dirt showdown is on sale for $1.50 on steam.

Axe99
Site Admin

Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:06 pm

Bloody 'ell, that's as good as giving it away!

spectre51
Topic Author

Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:17 pm

spectre51 wrote:
Mass Effect 2 is on the house on Origin

and

Dirt Showdown is free on humble bundle(steam key) for the next 2 days.

No axe that was as good as giving it away :p

Axe99
Site Admin

Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:48 am

lolol, yes, right you are :).

spectre51
Topic Author

Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:14 pm

Signed up to the May Humble Monthly bundle the early unlocks are Dirt Rally and Inside so for $12us around $16au wasn't going to pass Dirt Rally up. Don't have much interest in Inside but given accolades it gets I see no reason to not give it a go so will. Based on every other month I have no expectations for the hidden unlock games as rarely am I interested in any of the revealed games which is why I don't sub to it other then for the Mad Max month that early reveal game/s is so important for the perceived value of my money for me.

GasClown
Site Admin
PSN: GasClown
XBL: M4EL5TR0M
Steam: GasClown

Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Bayonetta on the PC.