Thomas Sevchenko, a real trooper

• 1,417 posts
  • Twitter:@CupcakeShogun
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki

View PostGasClown, on 19 February 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

Skyrim - One word - FAIL!!! Should have bought it on another platform. Worst experience I've ever had with a game - rendered unplayable.

On PC I had no problems. Console definitely was weaker. Fail on Console, good on PC.
Posted Image

#22 GasClown Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

GasClown

What is below, remains below. That is the law.

• 5,014 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown

View PostAromaci, on 19 February 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

On PC I had no problems. Console definitely was weaker. Fail on Console, good on PC.

I had no problems (for the first 100hrs or so), except the massive frame rate dips when you got to a certain stage in the game (80+hrs). Finally the game kept freezing after every 2-5 minutes of play. I kept trying and trying different ways (saves etc) to get out of the loop and ended up giving up and trading it in. I am a major Elders fan, have been playing them since Morrowind. I also thought Fallout 3 by Bethesda was brilliant as well but I didn't play that on the PS3. Not blaming the PS3 though - definitely the devs fault for not doing their job right. :)

So with that said, it's definitely the BEST and the WORST game I played.
Posted Image

#23 Jykel Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

Jykel

Ignorant & Blissful

• 2,319 posts
  • LocationSomewhere near Axe ;)
  • Clan:WpR
  • PSN:Jykel
  • Origin:Jykel
  • XBL:Jykel
  • Steam:jykel1
imho ME3 has the best online co-op buried in the most disappointing SP, so its the best and the worst all in one.
Posted Image

#24 GasClown Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

GasClown

• 5,014 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostJykel, on 19 February 2013 - 01:53 AM, said:

imho ME3 has the best online co-op buried in the most disappointing SP, so its the best and the worst all in one.

Is the SP really that bad? :( I'd rather leave that franchise with good memories.
Posted Image

#25 Jykel Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

Jykel

Ignorant & Blissful

• 2,319 posts
@GC, for me it was the story line contradicting previous 'history/lore' already established.

I loved 1 & 2, but 3 seems to not take into account much of the previous decisions/actions, and the ending was just not the right way to do it.

This is mainly personal, as ME was such a breath of fresh air at the time and after ME2, the potential in 3 in terms of stories and plots was huge.

ME was one of the few games were I looked forward to the dialog and cuts scenes, lost that urge in 3 mid way through.
Posted Image

#26 GasClown Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

GasClown

• 5,014 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostJykel, on 19 February 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

@GC, for me it was the story line contradicting previous 'history/lore' already established.

I loved 1 & 2, but 3 seems to not take into account much of the previous decisions/actions, and the ending was just not the right way to do it.

This is mainly personal, as ME was such a breath of fresh air at the time and after ME2, the potential in 3 in terms of stories and plots was huge.

ME was one of the few games were I looked forward to the dialog and cuts scenes, lost that urge in 3 mid way through.

So being a person that's played through the first two multiple times (like me) but also has played ME3 as well (which I haven't)... would you had preferred to miss ME3 entirely - not putting MP/Co-op into consideration (solely based on the single-player itself)?
Posted Image

#27 Jykel Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

Jykel

Ignorant & Blissful

• 2,319 posts

View PostGasClown, on 19 February 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

So being a person that's played through the first two multiple times (like me) but also has played ME3 as well (which I haven't)... would you had preferred to miss ME3 entirely - not putting MP/Co-op into consideration (solely based on the single-player itself)?

Hmm, tough question Clowny.  If you have you're previous saves, grab it cheap on PC/Xbox, and play through each save, just to see what happens to all the characters, prior to the ending.  Then get really drunk for the end sequence, and have something nearby to punch.

If you dont have the previous saves, imho it aint worth it.  

It does provide some entertaining moments, especially if you have previous saves from 1 & 2, and have a renegade path character for those interactive cut scenes.

I havent attempted a second play through yet, with me paragon, on the extended cut ending, so cant say much about the changes to the ending.

"Marauder Shields - Lest we Forgot"  - you'll get that line if you do play through at least once :)   thats before he took a geth SMG in the knee.
Posted Image

#28 Aromaci Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

Aromaci

Thomas Sevchenko, a real trooper

• 1,417 posts
  • Twitter:@CupcakeShogun
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki

View PostJykel, on 19 February 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

"Marauder Shields - Lest we Forgot"  

Posted Image

#29 Axe99 Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,172 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99

View PostGasClown, on 19 February 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

I'd still grab it and give it a run, but set your expectations of the ending low - like, below A:CM low.  The game up until the end is top-notch, enjoyable and well put together.  The ending is the single biggest drop in form I've ever seen within one game.

Also, when did you play Skyrim?  I waited until patch 1.5, and have had no trouble with it, and am almost 130 hours and still enjoying it - I think three freezes over that period.  They've done good on fixing it up.  Generally speaking, it's best not to buy a Bethesda-developed (not Dishonored -that was Arkane, and they know how to code/do QA) game at launch on any platform.

On topic, though, I'd forgotten ME3's ending - that's easily the best 'worst' thing I've seen this gen - it's just so fail it's laughable.
Posted Image

#30 GasClown Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

GasClown

• 5,014 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostJykel, on 19 February 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

Hmm, tough question Clowny.  If you have you're previous saves, grab it cheap on PC/Xbox, and play through each save, just to see what happens to all the characters, prior to the ending.  Then get really drunk for the end sequence, and have something nearby to punch.

If you dont have the previous saves, imho it aint worth it.  

It does provide some entertaining moments, especially if you have previous saves from 1 & 2, and have a renegade path character for those interactive cut scenes.

I havent attempted a second play through yet, with me paragon, on the extended cut ending, so cant say much about the changes to the ending.

"Marauder Shields - Lest we Forgot"  - you'll get that line if you do play through at least once :)   thats before he took a geth SMG in the knee.

I lost all my old saves on the 360 as it red ringed three fucking times lol... then it was stolen (while it was red ringed [eat that thieves haha] then I got a slim with insurance. Anyway, my plan was to play through them again on PC. I started ME1 on PC ages ago (I mean donkeys ago) but just like every other game I bloody well play - I never get around to finishing them. So until I finish that again and play ME2 again so the saves are there, then it looks like I'll just have to skip it if that's the only reason to come back and play it. Shame really. ME2 was a brilliant game, especially if you played ME1 first rather than what they did to the Playstation owners.
Posted Image

#31 Jykel Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

Jykel

Ignorant & Blissful

• 2,319 posts

View PostAxe99, on 19 February 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

On topic, though, I'd forgotten ME3's ending - that's easily the best 'worst' thing I've seen this gen - it's just so fail it's laughable.

Like a many layered, silk wrapped, scented turd.  You'll never see it coming til its already in ya hands :)
Posted Image

#32 GasClown Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

GasClown

• 5,014 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostAxe99, on 19 February 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

I'd still grab it and give it a run, but set your expectations of the ending low - like, below A:CM low.  The game up until the end is top-notch, enjoyable and well put together.  The ending is the single biggest drop in form I've ever seen within one game.

Also, when did you play Skyrim?  I waited until patch 1.5, and have had no trouble with it, and am almost 130 hours and still enjoying it - I think three freezes over that period.  They've done good on fixing it up.  Generally speaking, it's best not to buy a Bethesda-developed (not Dishonored -that was Arkane, and they know how to code/do QA) game at launch on any platform.

I played it on release. Was going to get it on the 360 and didn't know of the similar issues they had with Fallout 3 (PS3) until I started reading up on it (with all the problems I was having).
Posted Image

#33 Axe99 Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,172 posts
  • LocationCanberra

View PostGasClown, on 19 February 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

I played it on release. Was going to get it on the 360 and didn't know of the similar issues they had with Fallout 3 (PS3) until I started reading up on it (with all the problems I was having).

On release, Skyrim had broken quest lines and other game-ending bugs on all three platforms (it had more issues on PS3 with the freezing, of course) - I had mates playing it on PC, and they were less than impressed with the state of it.  I'd played Oblivion on PC, so knew better than to jump in straight away.  I highly, _highly_ recommend waiting at least a week after the launch of a Bethesda game on any platform, just to find out whether it has serious issues or not.  While you could get around the PC issues by resetting things and changing the gameworld through console commands, I'd tip that like me you prefer to play your games rather than debug them on the fly.  It's deffo a good nomination for Best Worst this gen, although it's been fixed up pretty well on all three platforms now B).
Posted Image

#34 Dragonmyballs Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

Dragonmyballs

Nicest Guy Around!

• 304 posts
  • LocationHere
  • Clan:FC#K
  • PSN:Have a guess

View PostJykel, on 18 February 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

Enchanted Arms (360)

it was soo bad I had to finish it.
Did the same thing only twice had to see both endings
Posted Image

#35 GasClown Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

GasClown

• 5,014 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostAxe99, on 19 February 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

On release, Skyrim had broken quest lines and other game-ending bugs on all three platforms (it had more issues on PS3 with the freezing, of course) - I had mates playing it on PC, and they were less than impressed with the state of it.  I'd played Oblivion on PC, so knew better than to jump in straight away.  I highly, _highly_ recommend waiting at least a week after the launch of a Bethesda game on any platform, just to find out whether it has serious issues or not.  While you could get around the PC issues by resetting things and changing the gameworld through console commands, I'd tip that like me you prefer to play your games rather than debug them on the fly.  It's deffo a good nomination for Best Worst this gen, although it's been fixed up pretty well on all three platforms now B).

I didn't have any problems with the game on PS3 until I got to about 80hrs into it (as I said). The only real glitch I stumbled into was when the giant smacked you and you went flying really high haha. Other than that, perfect run.

Oblivion I didn't have any problems with. I think Saints said he did have a game-breaker. He'd be best to say what it is though - I've forgotten. The only real issue I had with it was the scenery pop-up - that was on the 360 of course.

Morrowind was glitchy as buggery though but I got to see that till the end - played that on the original xbox.

Fallout 3 I had zero problems with - played on the 360.
Posted Image

#36 Saintsy Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen
  • Clan:FC#K
  • PSN:Saints221

View PostGasClown, on 19 February 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

Oblivion I didn't have any problems with. I think Saints said he did have a game-breaker. He'd be best to say what it is though - I've forgotten. The only real issue I had with it was the scenery pop-up - that was on the 360 of course.

Morrowind was glitchy as buggery though but I got to see that till the end - played that on the original xbox.

300+ hours ruined because of the vampire cure glitch.. The day i got rid of the game lol.

Morrowind i didn't really have any problems. The occasional getting stuck somewhere when jumping but that was about it haha. Probably have more hours played on this than Kz2 lol!
Posted Image

#37 GasClown Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

GasClown

• 5,014 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostSaintsy, on 19 February 2013 - 07:43 AM, said:

300+ hours ruined because of the vampire cure glitch.. The day i got rid of the game lol.

That's right! haha... or should I be laughing. :P
Posted Image

#38 Axe99 Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,172 posts
  • LocationCanberra

View PostGasClown, on 19 February 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

I didn't have any problems with the game on PS3 until I got to about 80hrs into it (as I said). The only real glitch I stumbled into was when the giant smacked you and you went flying really high haha. Other than that, perfect run.

Fallout 3 I had zero problems with - played on the 360.

It varies a lot with Beth games by how you play them (this is what I mean about QA - they work within specified parameters, but generally have game-breaking issues in there as well) - if you look at forums on them, on PC as well as the consoles, particularly at launch, they're normally pretty active due to all the damn bugs.  Oblivion on Xbox was better than the PC release, and on PS3 was actually more stable then the other two (oddly enough, Beth's first PS3 release was its best - they just got lazy afterwards?)I was hoping they'd finally break the trend with Skyrim, but I'm not buying a Beth game at launch until after they've got one right - they've earned my distrust pretty thoroughly!  Of course, after about 3-5 months of patching, Beth games are some of the best out there - I just dislike how they expect their whole playerbase to do QA and beta testing for them!
Posted Image

#39 GasClown Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

GasClown

• 5,014 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostAxe99, on 19 February 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

It varies a lot with Beth games by how you play them (this is what I mean about QA - they work within specified parameters, but generally have game-breaking issues in there as well) - if you look at forums on them, on PC as well as the consoles, particularly at launch, they're normally pretty active due to all the damn bugs.  Oblivion on Xbox was better than the PC release, and on PS3 was actually more stable then the other two (oddly enough, Beth's first PS3 release was its best - they just got lazy afterwards?)I was hoping they'd finally break the trend with Skyrim, but I'm not buying a Beth game at launch until after they've got one right - they've earned my distrust pretty thoroughly!  Of course, after about 3-5 months of patching, Beth games are some of the best out there - I just dislike how they expect their whole playerbase to do QA and beta testing for them!

Oblivion was released a year after on the PS3. Oblivion was a launch title on the 360 in 2006 (can't believe it's that long ago haha). It's the reason I bought one in the first place... not for the actual console :D. I've never had major problems with them up until Skyrim (which I found their best effort yet until the trouble began). I guess that's why I didn't bother about it... but I sure as hell won't be buying their next game on day one... not that I buy much on day one these days anyway.
Posted Image

#40 Jykel Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

Jykel

Ignorant & Blissful

• 2,319 posts
Bloody hell GC, I got my xbox for the same thing, oblivion.   From memory, it ran like a dream back then.  Its a shame Beth always struggled to port to the PS3, and hated the custom file system restrictions.  They needed Sony to patch the system before they could patch the file size issue with Skyrim, that wait lost them a lot of players.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users