Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 9,145 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Bam ba-daaam!  Welcome back Doomy, with more of you and faster than ever B).
Posted Image

#162 spectre51 Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:02 AM

spectre51

Scholar Visari just keeps on keeping on

• 2,454 posts
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51

View Postspectre51, on 11 March 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

And I thought my internet was crap.

Managed to get probably my best result
Posted Image

Doing me pretty good in DOA5 getting no noticeable lag at my end in most matches.

Posted Image

Turns out after all this time the old as Telstra cord phone didn't have a splitter on it, I finally checked after getting sick of the net dropping out when the phone rings sometimes and turns out it didn't have one nor would any of the ones we have fit behind it so I can stay unplugged.

Noticed almost immediately, speed increase with streaming youtube cant actually stream 1080p now without buffering when before even 480p would need buffering sometimes.

Steam can now give me constant speed up to 1.4mb/s when downloading now when before  900kb/s would be the highest constant rate though it was generally around 600kb/s.

I feel lazy for assuming it had a splitter on it for so long and not checking, but just happy that the nets better now.

Posted Image

#163 Axe99 Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:27 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 9,145 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Oooh, that's a nice uptick :).  Past is the past, can't change that, but you can enjoy faster internet now (and I'd bet good money if/when you move again, the splitter'll be going on shortly after arriving :)).
Posted Image

#164 GraphicX Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:45 PM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,466 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
your net is very similar to mine now spec, iirc i get about 10 meg down with about 900kb up at 33ms ping.  we can watch netflix on 2 tvs at 1080p at the same time with no dramas, the buffering you're getting is likely just a youtube thing.  my steam download usually sits between 900 & 1000, but it did jump above at one point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users