PS4 - What we want (and what we don't want)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 WalrusKing Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,967 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
Recap:
1) That all games will run at 60fps in 1080p: Looks like they will hit this.
2) Improve the speed of the PlayStation XrossMediaBar (XMB): Should hit this as well with 8GB, plus a mention about it.
3) Backwards compatibility: Hit this in a way. Not conventional compatibly but theoretically possible to run PS1/2/3 games on Sony devices.
4) The future of PlayStation Plus: Didn't get answers :(
5) What will happen to our current digital titles? See above
6) Free online: Again see above
7) A Global PSN store: Again see above, but we know won't happen.
8) Improved communications: Looks like they have put an emphasis on this.
9) Be able to delete trophies: A pipe dream for some, mostly likely won't happen.
10) A solid launch line-up, but also a good pacing of titles for the system: Don't know what is a launch title but a good variety of games shown including new IP's and old favourites.
11) Worldwide Launch: Not mentioned but unlikely.
12) Make the console aesthetically pleasing/build quality: A no show.
13) Bigger Friends list: Possible with the focus on friends/social media.
14) Price parity: We all wish but we all know won't happen.

1) Always online requirement: No mention as it is conscrewed as a negative thing will be mentioned in some press realease quietly if true iif not maybe at E3.
2) Used games blocked: See above
3) PlayStation Move and other gimmicks packed in with every system: Kinda with it being in the controller. No real info on how similar it is to an actual Move.
4) Social media everywhere:They outdone themselves in this regard with real names and friends.
5) Security lapses: Plenty of features for someone to try and break and then get removed.
6) Half-implanted features: They certainly have a lot of features that could make this a reality.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#22 Axe99 Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,324 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Aye, I think they did fairly well in what they did show, and didn't rule out, but there's still plenty of questions (which is fair enough at this point - most console reveals only tell half the story at best).
Posted Image

#23 WalrusKing Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,967 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
5) What will happen to our current digital titles? Confirmation they won't work.
1) Always online requirement: Not required to be connected, you can go offline.
2) Used games blocked: Pre-owned games will not be blocked

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#24 MrPhillthy Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

MrPhillthy

Rico, all attitude, working on the brains

• 46 posts
  • LocationTas
  • PSN:MrPhillthy
  • XBL:MrPhillthy
6) Free online
In the playstation 2013 event they had logos of confirmed services with the playstation plus symbol on it.
You would think if they still had plus that would be crazy to charge for plus and online psn access. Well at least I hope that is the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users