Xbox One General Discussion

Xbox XONE One

• Please log in to reply
494 replies to this topic

#481 GasClown Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:52 AM

GasClown

What is below, remains below. That is the law.

• 5,288 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown
Looks okay. Hope it turns out well.
Posted Image

#482 Axe99 Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:47 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,438 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
It looks like it has potential :).  I quite enjoy the Halo universe, good 'no nonsense' sci fi without too much thinking involved, so will deffo check it out, cheers for the vid Spec B).
Posted Image

#483 DUS SOULWOUND Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:41 AM

DUS SOULWOUND

Rico, all attitude, working on the brains

• 58 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland
  • Clan:DOWN UNDER SQUADRON
  • XBL:DUS SOULWOUND

View PostAxe99, on 17 October 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

Ye gads!  That has to set some kind of record for a disk-based game.  I wonder if it would have been so hard just to include two disks?!

I think 343 tried to save on costs, as the complete set of campaigns are on the disk - while most of the multi player is part of the 20gb day one patch.

Man I'm so eager for MCC, especially as Destiny ended up being a complete disappointment for me.

Posted Image

These WOUNDS are small slices of death......Draining your SOUL and final breath

#484 Axe99 Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:45 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,438 posts
  • LocationCanberra

View PostDUS SOULWOUND, on 27 October 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:

I think 343 tried to save on costs, as the complete set of campaigns are on the disk - while most of the multi player is part of the 20gb day one patch.

Man I'm so eager for MCC, especially as Destiny ended up being a complete disappointment for me.

Aye, that's got to be the reason.  Disks aren't too pricey though, and upload still costs money (although presumably less than disks).  I hope the MCC is awesome for ya, it does look very good :D.
Posted Image

#485 WalrusKing Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:00 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 2,054 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
JB HiFi have a pretty good looking online only Xone bundle.

Posted Image

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#486 I_live_4_fun Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:19 AM

I_live_4_fun

Cole McGrath, just electric

• 1,937 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
  • Clan:BLaZn
  • PSN:I_live_4_fun
Sunset Overdrive! Man, all of that looks good. If I wasn't playing Destiny all the time already and could get through other games quicker then I'd maybe consder getting that bundle like that. And probably have to make new friends, hehe.

Posted Image

"Yohohohohohoho!!!!!"

#487 WalrusKing Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:15 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 2,054 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
Xbox Australia@XboxAustralia 8 hrs
Australians all let us rejoice for AUSSIE SERVERS ARE HERE!

Posted Image

MICROSOFT AUSTRALIA LAUNCHES LOCAL XBOX LIVE SERVERS STARTING TODAY

The Australian Azure Servers will currently be compatible with Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive & Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

Jeremy Hinton, Business Group Lead for Interactive Entertainment at Microsoft Australia, said:

“It has been a very exciting year for both Xbox and the industry. We set out to deliver amazing experiences on the Xbox One platform, and are humbled by the support and positive response from Aussie gamers to the updates over the past 12 months. Today’s announcement of Australian based Xbox Live servers addresses the most requested feature from local gamers. We are excited to give our fans the best online gaming experience available, just in time for the Holidays.”

Source: press-start

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#488 Axe99 Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:55 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,438 posts
  • LocationCanberra
That's what we like to see, brilliant news :).  Cheers Spec B).
Posted Image

#489 DUS SOULWOUND Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

DUS SOULWOUND

• 58 posts
Yeah it's good news, but it's too late to help save Halo :’(

Posted Image

#490 Axe99 Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:11 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,438 posts
  • LocationCanberra

View PostDUS SOULWOUND, on 18 December 2014 - 08:53 PM, said:

Yeah it's good news, but it's too late to help save Halo :’(

I appreciate the post, but there's no way I can like it :(.  What happened, the community didn't recover from the matchmaking troubles at launch?
Posted Image

#491 DUS SOULWOUND Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:25 AM

DUS SOULWOUND

• 58 posts
I know bro, it's sad as all he'll :-(
Just the high number of issues have caused a heap of people to leave.
Halo was my baby, I now hold no faith in 343 moving forward. I can only hope that another IP comes out that I get equally drawn to.......a very tall order

Posted Image

#492 ati Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:02 AM

ati

Geek it up, Otacon

• 502 posts
  • PSN:atipuss
  • XBL:atipuss
Wah..we are getting halo mcc for xmas..lol
Posted Image

#493 Axe99 Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:39 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,438 posts
  • LocationCanberra

View PostDUS SOULWOUND, on 19 December 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

I know bro, it's sad as all he'll :-(
Just the high number of issues have caused a heap of people to leave.
Halo was my baby, I now hold no faith in 343 moving forward. I can only hope that another IP comes out that I get equally drawn to.......a very tall order

Fingers crossed Halo 5 works out (or something good comes along, or both :)).  It's always sad when good franchises go bad - watching SOCOM as a franchise get decimated last gen was pretty painful.  All being well it's not 343, and they just did a DriveClub with their servers and will get it ironed out.  There might be a hope of a post-Christmas 'relaunch' (maybe with some free goodies, although that's trickier for a remaster)?
Posted Image

#494 WalrusKing Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:53 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 2,054 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean

A Thank You to Our Fans from Bonnie Ross(Head of 343 Industries)

Last month, I promised the Halo and Xbox community that addressing the matchmaking issues and other bugs impacting players’ experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection was our #1 priority.  We’ve been working around the clock deploying weekly content updates and numerous server-side adjustments that have shown good results and we’re encouraged by the feedback we’re hearing from you.  Another big hurdle was overcome when we added fan-favorite playlists, such as SWAT and Halo: CE, back to our matchmaking menu and we plan to add more soon.  Next week, we’ll release a content update that will add all 10 episodes of the cooperative experience “Spartan Ops” for Halo 4, and will address other issues.  I assure you that the team will continue to work on additional content updates to further improve the all-up gameplay experience.

This has been a humbling experience and highlighted how we as a studio can – and need – to do better for Xbox fans around the world.  We are so grateful to our fans who have stood by our side and we appreciate all of your patience as we worked through these issues.  As a token of our appreciation and to thank fans for the continued support and understanding, we will be offering the following items, for free, to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection online since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).*
  • 1 Month of Xbox Live Gold
  • Exclusive In-Game Nameplate
  • Exclusive In-Game Avatar
* For specifics on eligibility and further details on the offer, visit the FAQ at:https://www.halowayp...n-thank-you-faq
Additionally, you’ve told us that you want more Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer map content and Halo 3: ODST on Xbox One.  As a future bonus, we’re going to make these happen and give them to you for free.  We are just now starting work with our partners to bring both toHalo: The Master Chief Collection and will share more specific details on timing in the coming months.  But for now, here’s what you can expect:
  • Halo 3: ODST CampaignDevelopment has just started on the campaign for Halo 3: ODST, which will be available within Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and upgraded to 1080p resolution, running at 60fps. It will be available for free to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).* Thanks to our friends at Bungie for creating the original “Halo 3: ODST” campaign.
  • “Relic” Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer Map Available via a free content update to Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we will reimagine the fan-favorite map “Relic,” fully remastered and running at 1080p resolution and 60fps. We chose this map based on its suitability for Slayer and Objective modes and its ability to support teams of varying sizes. And you can trust that Certain Affinity will tune and tweak the map to make it even better than you remember.
The satisfaction and joy of our fans is absolutely critical to everyone at 343 Industries and we regret the issues and the frustration you have endured.  We are truly sorry and thank you for your continued patience and support of the Halo franchise.

Sincerely,
Bonnie Ross

Head of 343 Industries

Source: news.xbox

Posted Image

#495 Axe99 Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:48 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,438 posts
  • LocationCanberra
That's a good response to a tough situation :). Thanks for the info Super-Spec B).
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xbox, XONE, One

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Microsoft announces Kinect-less Xbox One SKU

By I_live_4_fun in Gaming News, on 14 May 2014 - 01:34 AM

Microsoft have officially announced that they will be releasing a Kinect-less SKU of the Xbox One from June 9th for US$399. This will provide more choices gamers wishing to buy an Xbox One in future and obviously means that everyone can purchase the console at a much lower price than when it...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users