#1 xDiamond Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

xDiamond

More personality than Nathan Hale, just

• 21 posts
  • LocationAlf Stewart's Dungeon
  • Clan:Renegade E-sports / ZLxB
  • PSN:Ruthless_Diamond
  • Steam:xkoalaaaaaaaa
Just interested in knowing what other people use, so what programs do you guys use to create sigs, emblems and photoshop things?
Posted Image

#2 Saintsy Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:57 AM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,184 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen
  • Clan:FC#K
  • PSN:Saints221
I use Gasclown
Posted Image

#3 GasClown Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

GasClown

I didn't say end your life, I said enjoy life!

• 4,747 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown
I just press a magic button and Voila! :cheesygrin:

Posted Image

#4 Axe99 Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,853 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
I use Photoshop, but I've been very fortunate to be able to call on Clowny and his magic button for the last few ;).  How about you Diamond?  You much into the sig thing?
Posted Image

#5 ctrlaltdel Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

ctrlaltdel

Stealin' like Sly

• 912 posts
  • Twitter:ctrla1tde1
  • LocationMelbourne
  • Clan:GaS
  • PSN:ctrlaltdel-
  • Origin:cad_aus
  • XBL:ctrla1tde1
same, i just the magic button like GC does :P
Posted Image

#6 xDiamond Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

xDiamond

More personality than Nathan Hale, just

• 21 posts
  • LocationAlf Stewart's Dungeon
  • Clan:Renegade E-sports / ZLxB
  • PSN:Ruthless_Diamond
  • Steam:xkoalaaaaaaaa
Getting into it now axe, just doing noob stuff, that's why I was interesting to know what programs people use.
Posted Image

#7 nFusion Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

nFusion

Say it like Sackboy

• 362 posts
  • LocationPalmy Nth, NZ
  • Clan:NZ All Stars
  • PSN:nFusion_Nz
I use photoshop
Posted Image

#8 GasClown Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

GasClown

• 4,747 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostxDiamond, on 24 August 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

Getting into it now axe, just doing noob stuff, that's why I was interesting to know what programs people use.

I recommend not just learning Photoshop but Illustrator as well... combining them together makes each one twice as powerful. Plenty of tuts on the web, just need some patience and a good eye for design.

Posted Image

#9 Axe99 Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,853 posts
  • LocationCanberra
And I highly recommend anything Clowny recommends when it comes to this kind of thing :D.  Good luck with learning it all Diamond B).  Clowny - are there a 'standard' set of steps you use when you put a sig together, that are easy to summarise to give sig noobs like m'self some guidance?  No worries if it's a pain in the arse/a different process each time.
Posted Image

#10 Outlaw Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

Outlaw

ERROR 404 "SLEEP NOT FOUND"

• 1,679 posts
  • Twitter:@Outlaw213
  • Clan:GaS
  • PSN:Outlaw213
I think MS Paint does a good job. I prefer it over Photoshop since its alot easier to use and has a bigger community following, if you get stuck using MS Paint and need help there is always someone on the internet to help you out, which is not the case with Photoshop.

I also prefer MS Paint because the work it produces is always more professional and industry standard, where Photoshop work always seem a bit amateurish.

To each their own though - I don't want to start a Fanboy war - They're both great products, I'd say the MS Paint is like an Xbox One where Photoshop is more like the PlayStation 4 and everyone knows that Xbox One is more developer friendly and way more powerful and that is why i prefer MS Paint over Photoshop.

Posted Image

#11 GasClown Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:36 AM

GasClown

• 4,747 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostOutlaw213, on 24 August 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

I think MS Paint does a good job. I prefer it over Photoshop since its alot easier to use and has a bigger community following, if you get stuck using MS Paint and need help there is always someone on the internet to help you out, which is not the case with Photoshop.

I also prefer MS Paint because the work it produces is always more professional and industry standard, where Photoshop work always seem a bit amateurish.

To each their own though - I don't want to start a Fanboy war - They're both great products, I'd say the MS Paint is like an Xbox One where Photoshop is more like the PlayStation 4 and everyone knows that Xbox One is more developer friendly and way more powerful and that is why i prefer MS Paint over Photoshop.

lol - that is all.

Posted Image

#12 Axe99 Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,853 posts
  • LocationCanberra

View PostGasClown, on 25 August 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:

lol - that is all.

Hahaha, I was wondering what the GC word would be on that, well trolled Outlaw :D.
Posted Image

#13 GasClown Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:04 AM

GasClown

• 4,747 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostAxe99, on 24 August 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

Clowny - are there a 'standard' set of steps you use when you put a sig together.

Not really mate. Just come up with an idea for what you want to do within the sig size limitations. Gather the images you will be using and then prepare them (if needed)... things like deep etching for example or just reference images. Start with the base shape first, this is why I usually use Illustrator first as it's easier to shuffle things around and create and tweak shapes, mould it into what you want, it's also scalable as well as it's vector - a bit like Jykels sig I started (which I haven't had time to go back to, sorry mate - I'll get there one day). If you look at the attached, I've included an Illustrator file of what I did but it also contains reference images. You'll see the reference images are where some of the shapes have come from. This is probably the best way to explain it as it's building the starts of it. Maybe I can keep posting it up as it progresses but there will be long gaps in between because I'm busy but it may be a good thing to show everyone the process or the steps as you'd call it. But it's only really one process, if it was a completely different sig, I might approach it differently so it's not quite that simple. For instance, the sig I have now was just based on Aro's Playstation sig he has/had from memory, I thought I'd just replicate it and add my own personal touch. The aim was to make it like the real thing. I've included the PSD layered file below as well but apologies for the untidy work, ie the layers aren't named correctly as it's only quick stuff I do so I don't put much tlc into it.

Attached Files

Posted Image

#14 Axe99 Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,853 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Awesome stuff Clowny, thanks B).
Posted Image

#15 GasClown Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:48 AM

GasClown

• 4,747 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostAxe99, on 25 August 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

Hahaha, I was wondering what the GC word would be on that, well trolled Outlaw :D.

View PostOutlaw213, on 24 August 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

This is what got me into a fit.................. of laughter. Love your work Outlaw. :D

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users