The "What are you playing" thread.

• Please log in to reply
1377 replies to this topic

#1241 GasClown Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:14 AM

GasClown

What is below, remains below. That is the law.

• 6,829 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown

View PostAxe99, on 03 February 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

Haha, how long until you're back into the trucking lifestyle Clowny? :).

Dunno mate. The thing is, if I get it now, that's all I'll probably play. So I really need to control myself, go back and finish some of these older games I've had sitting there for so long. Still enjoying Rise of the Tomb Raider, also had a little bash on Most Wanted and it's about the only arcade racer I've played since Paradise. It's also a good change-up. Then there's the dreaded Witcher 3 and all the other massive RPGs I've got to go and play (I've listed them before).

Maybe 2020?
Posted Image

#1242 GraphicX Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:30 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,834 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
I GOT MY XCOM 2 KEY, I FINISH WORK AT 10.30 TONIGHT SO WILL LEAVE IT INSTALLING ALL DAY & TOMORROW IS CIRCUS IN MORNING THEN XCOM PRETTY MUCH ALL WEEKEND.  YES LIFE IS GOOD LOLOLOLOL.

#1243 GasClown Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:13 AM

GasClown

• 6,829 posts
  • LocationFerelden
Just too much to play at the moment. Not enough time... can't keep up anymore.
Posted Image

#1244 GraphicX Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:55 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,834 posts
looking at my steam profile, i have 175 games & i've finished/reviewed 59, so i've completed a third of what i own which isn't awful i don't think.  some pretty big games i've ticked off.

#1245 GasClown Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:11 AM

GasClown

• 6,829 posts
  • LocationFerelden
That reminds me - totally forgot I bought Sniper Elite 2 (ages ago)... downloading it now. haha
Posted Image

#1246 spectre51 Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:08 AM

spectre51

Garrus Vakarian, galactic bad-ass

• 2,885 posts
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51

View PostGraphicX, on 05 February 2016 - 03:55 AM, said:

looking at my steam profile, i have 175 games & i've finished/reviewed 59, so i've completed a third of what i own which isn't awful i don't think.  some pretty big games i've ticked off.

Funnily enough there are 59 games in my finished list right now with 11 in the unfinished list and a 7 hidden games/betas that I will never play and don't need clogging my list.

Posted Image

#1247 GasClown Posted 05 February 2016 - 01:41 PM

GasClown

• 6,829 posts
  • LocationFerelden
Gotta admit - Rise of the Tomb Raider is bloody awesome. Think I'm getting pretty close to the end now - had a good crack at it tonight.
Posted Image

#1248 Axe99 Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:33 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 9,863 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99

View Postspectre51, on 05 February 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

Funnily enough there are 59 games in my finished list right now with 11 in the unfinished list and a 7 hidden games/betas that I will never play and don't need clogging my list.

You can hide games? :).  Pray tell, by what rite of sorcery does one achieve such a wonderful feat?

(Sorry, just trying to write interesting-like ;)  Would love to know how though, have picked up a few odds and sods I'd like unclogging my list as well).
Posted Image

#1249 spectre51 Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:40 AM

spectre51

Garrus Vakarian, galactic bad-ass

• 2,885 posts
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
^You can also actually remove game licenses completely if you want, think you can restore them if you have a change of heart but not sure haven't fiddled with it, hiding them in my library is enough for me.

To hide games is pretty much similar to setting categories, in that menu done the bottom of the box will be a check box saying "hide this game in my library.

To see the games you have hidden you just click on the little menu(That lets you choose what's displayed i.e installed, tools and such) next to the search box in your library and there should be a "Hidden" down the bottom and it will list what you have hidden so if you want you can unhide them.

Posted Image

#1250 GraphicX Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:35 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,834 posts
a lot of games actually have 2 slots taken up, such as betas like you said but they often stay there even when the game finally lands.  gonna have to look at this hide feature as there's a ton of stuff there that's just redundant.

so played a very little bit of xcom 2 today, settled in but had constant interruptions so only a very basic play (still kinda in the tutorial stuff).

well the game itself seems very solid, few little new features on the battlefield, a good extra variety in customising your soldiers making you more attached to them & just generally more of the same with some little additions & refinements ... but ... controllers no longer work :/

leading up to the release i checked in & yep, controllers were supported (remembering this is a pc only game at this stage).  the first (well in recent history) had perfect controller support so that was all a green light.  but this guy, well it seems firaxis or whoever sold out big time, the only supported controller is the official steam controller !  all the buttons on the xbox controller work fine, but the analogue sticks are disabled, literally disabled !!!!  i really hope this isn't something we more of, the steam controller is meant to bridge between kb & mouse & controller, but this is just a joke.

#1251 Saintsy Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:09 AM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,479 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen
  • Clan:FC#K
  • PSN:Saints221
Got Xcom2 today, been playing and rather enjoying it. Not often sequels keep up with the originals.
Best part is, no axe to constantly belt me in online MP xD
Posted Image

#1252 Axe99 Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:15 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 9,863 posts
  • LocationCanberra

View Postspectre51, on 06 February 2016 - 01:40 AM, said:

^You can also actually remove game licenses completely if you want, think you can restore them if you have a change of heart but not sure haven't fiddled with it, hiding them in my library is enough for me.

To hide games is pretty much similar to setting categories, in that menu done the bottom of the box will be a check box saying "hide this game in my library.

To see the games you have hidden you just click on the little menu(That lets you choose what's displayed i.e installed, tools and such) next to the search box in your library and there should be a "Hidden" down the bottom and it will list what you have hidden so if you want you can unhide them.

Thanks heaps All-knowing Spec B)  You can shift and ctrl-click selections as well, so a doddle to hide a bunch of them, greatly appreciated.

View PostGraphicX, on 06 February 2016 - 09:35 AM, said:

a lot of games actually have 2 slots taken up, such as betas like you said but they often stay there even when the game finally lands.  gonna have to look at this hide feature as there's a ton of stuff there that's just redundant.

so played a very little bit of xcom 2 today, settled in but had constant interruptions so only a very basic play (still kinda in the tutorial stuff).

well the game itself seems very solid, few little new features on the battlefield, a good extra variety in customising your soldiers making you more attached to them & just generally more of the same with some little additions & refinements ... but ... controllers no longer work :/

leading up to the release i checked in & yep, controllers were supported (remembering this is a pc only game at this stage).  the first (well in recent history) had perfect controller support so that was all a green light.  but this guy, well it seems firaxis or whoever sold out big time, the only supported controller is the official steam controller !  all the buttons on the xbox controller work fine, but the analogue sticks are disabled, literally disabled !!!!  i really hope this isn't something we more of, the steam controller is meant to bridge between kb & mouse & controller, but this is just a joke.

That's bollocks - I remember dropping by the Firaxis forums to get an idea of whether it had controller support and at the time the word was no, but only supporting the Steam controller and no others is ridiculous.

View PostSaintsy, on 06 February 2016 - 11:09 AM, said:

Got Xcom2 today, been playing and rather enjoying it. Not often sequels keep up with the originals.
Best part is, no axe to constantly belt me in online MP xD

Hahahaha, I'm not what I used to be, but I'll grab XCOM 2 when it comes to console, so if you have it on PC you should be safe either way ;).  They were good games, if we ever end up with XCOM 2 on the same platform, I'd be up for more :D.
Posted Image

#1253 GraphicX Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:41 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,834 posts
so hammered xcom 2 a bit today, some random thoughts;

- load times between missions is long, compared to the original & other modern games it's really long

- cutscenes etc (which aren't pre-rendered but use your actual characters etc) are glitchy & buggy, terrible frame rates, momentary freezes & just wobbly etc

- the on screen 'screens' (floating info boxes etc) kinda bounce, show static & have all kinds of effects including zoom in & out & after a couple hours are just plain annoying

- some enemy perks & abilities are slightly unbalanced unless they're pretty well on their own or with 1 or 2 weak characters.  catch 22 is if you don't succeed at something & the layout is impossible for your crew just start over & good ol' procedural generation will roll the dice again & you'll likely get a layout that's a breeze ... or another impossible one.  so yeah, zero design to the levels, just let the computer whip something up

the game is another one that's good that falls short of greatness.  the character customisation, ability to destroy structures & a fairly large assortment of things to do at the HQ make this game immediately seem brilliant.  but play it a bit & it's pretty darn shallow, particularly if you compare it to wasteland 2 or divinity original sin, where not only the graphics were better, the load times far quicker, the storylines far deeper but the actual turn based battles were individually hand crafted.

i'm a little lost as to how it could be sitting on over 90 on metacritic, unless people just scratched the surface, said 'wowzers' & rated it.

#1254 Axe99 Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:46 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 9,863 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Sad face - procedural generation is both a blessing and a curse, and it sounds like XCOM 2 is on the wrong side of that ledger.  Hope it improves with time.....

Managed to finish my first War in the East campaign on the weekend.  "Only" took 65 or so hours, because I managed to get a decisive victory over the Soviets in turn 65 or so (October 1942).  Looking forward to my Soviet playthrough, but as it's downright impossible to get a decisive victory for them anytime before at least late 1943, am going to wait until I'm ready for a looooong campaign!  It was fun, mind - very reminiscent of old-school tabletop wargames I played as a kid, but with oodles more detail going into the calculations because it's a computer, so it can.

Trying out Skulls of the Shogun and Hohokum on PS4 - both are nice and slow paced (and Hohokum, while kind of aimless, does have a crazy, quirky kind of cool to it, in it's own funny way) but not really games I'd play a lot of at any one time, so giving CK2 a run as well.
Posted Image

#1255 GraphicX Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:33 PM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,834 posts
i'm hoping the procedural stuff is only for side missions, which to me would be a bonus, so long as the proper story campaign missions are scripted.  time will tell.

was really getting into it last night, loving it,  but then hit a bit of a dodgy one.  finally upgraded my weapons so magnetic (basically what was going from regular bullets to lasers in enemy unknown), did the next mission & all the bad guys now have more health :S

fallout 3 increased the health/stats of the bad guys as you leveled, essentially making your leveling up pointless to a degree.  i hope it was just a one off mission but it appears XCOM 2 may do the same, enemy unknown definitely didn't.

#1256 SmokeyPSD Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:06 AM

SmokeyPSD

Geek it up, Otacon

• 530 posts
  • Twitter:SmokeyPSD
  • LocationCanberra, Aus
  • PSN:smokeypsd
  • Steam:smokeypsd
Was excited to finally get to the Uncharted collection but my initial reaction is a bit put off. Mainly to do with the animation of cutscenes now that it's 60 frames. It's great for the actual action and gameplay but it just doesn't mesh with the original animation. This is uncharted 1 though so it might be different for the others.

Other things are wonderful though and it's great to play it again.
Posted Image

#1257 GraphicX Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:45 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,834 posts
uncharted was bloody brilliant, doe they have all new textures etc on the ps4 ?

#1258 Aromaci Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:34 AM

Aromaci

Scholar Visari just keeps on keeping on

• 2,040 posts
  • Twitter:@IrateOcelot
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki
can't say I noticed 'funny' animation.
Posted Image

#1259 SmokeyPSD Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:58 AM

SmokeyPSD

Geek it up, Otacon

• 530 posts
  • Twitter:SmokeyPSD
  • LocationCanberra, Aus
  • PSN:smokeypsd
  • Steam:smokeypsd

View PostGraphicX, on 09 February 2016 - 01:45 AM, said:

uncharted was bloody brilliant, doe they have all new textures etc on the ps4 ?

Yeah it looks amazing and Bluepoint went beyond with adding more fidelity and detail in. It's been ages since I've played especially the 1st too. It looked amazing even to begin with.

It might just be me personally Aro. I have a pretty dim view of the Hobbit at 60fps as well.  Again it's only the cutscenes too. The Last of Us Remaster too actually had an option to lock it at 30 not for technical but for artistic reasons too.
Posted Image

#1260 GraphicX Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:53 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,834 posts
more on xcom 2;

there's been a patch, that's not that great ...

i don't think i'd had a crash previously, just the shoddy frame rates at different times, but now i've had 2 crashes.

it also has other quirks, i can't recall all the really dumb things that are now happening, but 2 i can recall easy are enemies inside the radius of a grenade explosion will sometimes fail to take damage.  the other is there's a class called 'ranger' who has a sword & the ability to hit enemies when it's their turn & when they move within one square (pretty simple right ?).  well now sometimes my sniper will have this ability, which as you can imagine really shakes up the already unbalanced game play.

oh another new 'feature', since the game runs like crap the 'max settings' auto setting now has only 4x AA (MX or something ???) when previously it was 8x ... which is still there ... but not included in the 'max settings' preset ...

the steam page following the update is just full of people bashing the patch, but i think it's pretty justified given how long the patch has taken, how this is a fairly basic update of the original (albeit with no xbox controller support lol) & how many bugs it has.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)