GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,904 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
i'm over all online fps, but i'm still keen to play the remade campaign.

#1463 SmokeyPSD Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:54 PM

SmokeyPSD

Geek it up, Otacon

• 591 posts
  • Twitter:SmokeyPSD
  • LocationCanberra, Aus
  • PSN:smokeypsd
  • Steam:smokeypsd

View PostGraphicX, on 21 August 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

i thought everyone would be getting pumped up for the cod4 remake ?

Last I played was COD2, that was awhile ago lol.
Posted Image

#1464 Axe99 Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:52 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 10,030 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99

View PostGraphicX, on 21 August 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

i'm over all online fps, but i'm still keen to play the remade campaign.

Cod4's campaign is tops, but I'm excited because I might get a chance to challenge you to a 1v1 :P.

Taking a break from HoI4 to play some more Rule the Waves here.  Wasteland 2 deffo still on the agenda though, and looking forward to it :).
Posted Image

#1465 GraphicX Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:32 PM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,904 posts
how long before you think you'll start wasteland 2 axe ?  i'm yet to play it as the redux or whatever it's called on the new engine so i'd be keen to start it when you do.

#1466 Axe99 Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:36 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 10,030 posts
  • LocationCanberra

View PostGraphicX, on 21 August 2016 - 11:32 PM, said:

how long before you think you'll start wasteland 2 axe ?  i'm yet to play it as the redux or whatever it's called on the new engine so i'd be keen to start it when you do.

Maybe a week or so, maybe this weekend.  Playing one more game of Rule the Waves then was going to give it a bash, on PS4 as you'd expect a good* console fanboy to play it :).  It's not multi or anything is it?  Will remember to post here when I do :).

*Although given I do the vast majority of gaming on PC at the moment, I'm not sure how "good" I am :unsure:.
Posted Image

#1467 GraphicX Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:23 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,904 posts
doesn't matter what system it is, same game & it's not online anyway =)

will install it, keen to play through it again.

i've stopped playing skyshine's bedlam, was really disappointed with it.  have started playing hell yeah as a filler & it's pretty ordinary but a good distraction (platformer).

#1468 Axe99 Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:41 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 10,030 posts
  • LocationCanberra
I remember playing Hell Yeah back in the day - as you say, didn't really stand out, although had a couple of oddball jokes in there I thought were alright (I think, can't remember anything specific, but remember thinking some of the silliness went alright).

Downloading Wasteland 2 now and start playing it when it's done I think, and play a bit of RtW now and a bit later.  Of course, "when it's done" over the PSN today seems to be anyone's guess!

Sorry to hear Skyshine: Bedlam didn't pan out.
Posted Image

#1469 GasClown Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:32 PM

GasClown

What is below, remains below. That is the law.

• 6,938 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown

View PostAxe99, on 23 August 2016 - 03:41 AM, said:

Hell Yeah

??

Posted Image

#1470 Axe99 Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:33 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 10,030 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Started Wasteland 2 yesterday and was very impressed - lots of options about how to play it, love the skill options (a good number, but not overwhelming) and dialogue tends to be quality as well.  Only up to my first 'mission' in the ag centre, and thought the combat was well done, there are definitely benefits to a tactical approach.  Just playing on 'normal' (the second difficulty setting, I can't recall the name), and think the difficulty is spot on - you have to think a bit, but don't have to crazy min-max to get by.  Cheers for talking it up Graph, am having a blast :D.
Posted Image

#1471 GraphicX Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:26 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,904 posts
there's lots of hidden stuff too if you explore a bit, i remember right at the start there's a hidden cache of some kind.

i'll note on my hand to install tonight, working late again but will hit it sooner rather than later !!

#1472 GasClown Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:29 AM

GasClown

• 6,938 posts
  • LocationFerelden
Obduction this weekend... downloading it right now. Ripper!
Posted Image

#1473 Axe99 Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:40 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 10,030 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Nice one Clowny, am interested to know how you find it, hope you enjoy :D.

View PostGraphicX, on 25 August 2016 - 04:26 AM, said:

there's lots of hidden stuff too if you explore a bit, i remember right at the start there's a hidden cache of some kind.

i'll note on my hand to install tonight, working late again but will hit it sooner rather than later !!

It's great so far - as you say, lots of stuff to find hidden in corners (I can imagine that on higher difficulty levels, that scavenging would be pretty much compulsory for survival).  Just beat the Ag Centre boss (well, hopefully the Ag Centre boss) - he was brutal - not quite ready to lose party members yet, so had to replay it about five times to keep 'em all alive (not all conscious, just all alive!)  I think I'll definitely play a "no reload" game of this later, when I've got a feel for what kind of party deaths mean an increase in difficulty, as opposed to game over.
Posted Image

#1474 GasClown Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:04 AM

GasClown

• 6,938 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostAxe99, on 26 August 2016 - 10:40 PM, said:

Nice one Clowny, am interested to know how you find it, hope you enjoy :D.

Very Cyan. 8-9/10 thus far. If you liked Myst, then definitely grab it. Puzzles aren't overly complex 'yet'.
Posted Image

#1475 SmokeyPSD Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:03 PM

SmokeyPSD

Geek it up, Otacon

• 591 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Aus
CK2 performs AMAZINGLY now! It hasn't ran this good since pre India expansion. That along with being able to customize games I think I'll be able to enjoy it again. Paradox were losing the plot with it a little but glad to see they've done a 180 with it.

Doesn't seem to be any issues with my current game and updating too, when I'm finished up with that I'll grab the newest dlc but think I'll skip over Conclave.
Posted Image

#1476 Axe99 Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:32 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 10,030 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Great to hear Smokey :D.  I'd heard good things about optimisation, but it's good to hear it from someone I trust.  I reckon late-game slowdown was my main issue with CK2, so it's brilliant news :D.

Still in the Wasteland here, enjoying it a lot, combat is definitely a quality system B).
Posted Image

#1477 GraphicX Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:48 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,904 posts
installed wasteland 2 over the weekend, played a little bit more of hell yeah though & think it has well & truly ran its course.  think i'm about 40% through it & that's about 20% too far i think.  time to bin it.

#1478 Axe99 Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:49 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 10,030 posts
  • LocationCanberra

View PostGraphicX, on 29 August 2016 - 02:48 AM, said:

installed wasteland 2 over the weekend, played a little bit more of hell yeah though & think it has well & truly ran its course.  think i'm about 40% through it & that's about 20% too far i think.  time to bin it.

Yeah, I can't imagine a world where another playthrough of Wasteland 2 wouldn't be more engaging than Hell Yeah for an ageing turn-based combat fan - it's a "quick through in a few nights" game unless you're really into that kind of thing.  Hope a return to Wasteland 2 treats you well B).
Posted Image

#1479 spectre51 Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:22 AM

spectre51

Garrus Vakarian, galactic bad-ass

• 2,991 posts
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
I continued to fail to get hired by any teams in Eastside Hockey Manager(PC) don't much care since i would've gotten fired quick smart most likely anyways.

So I have moved on since no one had grabbed the Overlord(PC) games I decided to redeem them. Played the first one and it exp pack, it was alright it had its high and low moments. Overall it felt abit clunky to control not being able to move the camera was really annoying. Finished the main game but gave up near the end of the exp pack they was a long winded enemy spawn point that I lost to twice. I know you say whats two times but to summon your minions who are your main source of attack you need life orbs I used all my life orbs failing it in those two turns and I just don't feel like going around on other levels grinding for life orbs so I just called it then.

So I moved on to Overlord 2(PC), it controls better as you can now move the camera only played a little of it so far but it does seem like a good improvement.

Posted Image

#1480 SmokeyPSD Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:09 AM

SmokeyPSD

Geek it up, Otacon

• 591 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Aus
I'm not going to get to it anytime soon but what is Wasteland 2 most suitable to get on, PC or PS4? Can't go wrong with either?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users