• 7,084 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99

View PostGasClown, on 25 February 2014 - 05:58 AM, said:

But still over the top easy like COD.

I hear trolls were big in northern europe once, I reckon you might have some troll heritage in there somewhere :P.
Posted Image

#182 GasClown Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:41 AM

GasClown

Coulrophobia

• 4,350 posts
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown

View PostAxe99, on 25 February 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

I hear trolls were big in northern europe once, I reckon you might have some troll heritage in there somewhere :P.

lol - They were also Vikings once upon a time and the Axe was their weapon of choice. Good for chopping up COD kiddies like Graph.
Posted Image

#183 GraphicX Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,461 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
there's someone acting like kiddy in here, but it isn't me =)

anyway so what if i liked playing & was half decent at CoD ?  bit of a reality check but we all probably invest way more time & effort in gaming than others may think is 'normal' or 'healthy' (regardless of whether it's CoD or any other title).  i honestly regret i can't spend more time & effort here on GG, but some of my best gaming experiences have been competing in CoD matches & achieving things within them a lot of people simply wouldn't have the ability or opportunity to do.

View Postati, on 25 February 2014 - 07:04 AM, said:

Is the map big?

yeah the maps in the beta were quite large but it was still only actually 6v6, with the rest of the players being made up of bots.

#184 Soulfrit Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:04 AM

Soulfrit

Chronic mass-turr-bait0r

• 487 posts
  • Twitter:dailynoobtales
  • YouTube:soulfrit
  • LocationPirate Ship
  • Clan:**
  • PSN:Soulfrit
  • XBL:Soulfrit
  • Steam:Soulfrit86
Cod is the best game ever made
Posted Image

#185 GasClown Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:44 AM

GasClown

Coulrophobia

• 4,350 posts
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown

View PostGraphicX, on 25 February 2014 - 11:00 PM, said:

there's someone acting like kiddy in here, but it isn't me =)

C'mon Graph - I'm just having a little fun with Axe. You know damn well all the 12 year olds love COD, I mean, go into some of the public matches - you have to mute every fucking one of them!
Posted Image

#186 GraphicX Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:48 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,461 posts
lol i know, i call them cod kiddies as well (also now console kiddies since i'm apart of the master race now).

#187 Axe99 Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,084 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Aye, deffo nothing wrong with CoD :D.  It's deffo one of the best arcade FPS games around, and there's a reason it's so popular, from 12 year olds up to old folk that'd make Clowny and me look like young whipper snappers ;).

Anyways, also nothing wrong with Ratchet and Clank 2 - animations and aiming aren't quite as precise, and it was made back when everyone was trying different things with button configurations, so it's a little different than the more modern R & Cs, but it's still a great game and worth a play for platformer/action fans :D.
Posted Image

#188 straussy240 Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

straussy240

Cole McGrath, just electric

• 1,832 posts
  • LocationSyd
  • Clan:FC#K
  • PSN:straussy240
  • Steam:straussy270
Diablo 3 (Updated on PC with Loot 2.0)

Posted Image

I have decided to venture back into hell to play this game again after its recent update in anticipation of the Reaper of Souls expansion. Jumping to the point this recent update is a game changer to say the least! This game 1 year ago was not enjoyable to play after you entered into inferno mode difficulty because the chances of usable loot dropping in game was extremely low. The only way people progressed was to use bots, buy loot with real money or play a sh*tload to farm gold in-game to buy expensive loot from the auction house. It sucked more than hell itself.

It took the team at Blizzard a while, but a few things changed to make everything better:

-They released the game on consoles which greatly improved the chances of finding usable loot in game by killing elites/monsters. This was implemented because at the time there was no auction house available on console.

-They ported over this new loot system to PC and everyone is happy!

-They nerfed a few OP builds for a few classes.

I have beaten the game multiple times but the chances of getting better loot encourages me to progress and attempt the new difficulty levels which are now refereed to as torment levels. In the last few days I have had legendary and unique set piece items drop for me which never happened in the past.

#189 GraphicX Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:00 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,461 posts
mad keen to get into D3 !!!!!!!!!

#190 WalrusKing Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,597 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
Started Need for Speed Most Wanted today.
Can already go up against the number 3 Most Wanted car just after doing the first race. I played the mobile version a lot it would seem.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#191 Axe99 Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,084 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Gave 'Singularity' a run over the last week, and it's surprisingly good for what it is.  It's clearly heavily inspired by Bioshock in it's form, although less so it's story, and it's fairly easy on normal (which was exactly what I was looking for this week), and it was very well paced, with a good balance of out-and-out action, suspense-action, big nasty enemies and exploring the environment.  It has dated a bit, and it's colour palette is very heavily in the mid-last-gen 'grey and brown' zone, and if one was pressed for time it's hard to recommend above things like Bioshock/TLoU/Ghost Recon:FS (it didn't do well on the sales front, and I'd say was a victim of the far higher number of quality AAA games we get these days), but if you saw it on the cheap (I got it for $12 a couple of years ago) it's not bad for some relaxing FPSing.  It's not a long 'un, I was about eight hours going through it.

Also been playing a bunch of Crusader Kings 2.  Never really got into the first, even after playing it for over 20 hours, and it took a while (about 10 or so hours) to get into this one, but now that I'm in, I'm hooked, it's bloody brilliant.  It's a strategy game where you control a dynasty from 1066 through to 1453, and you have to keep an eye on succession, rival claimants for your titles (titles are rights to lands and income/troops), managing the relationships in your court and family, developing your lands and expanding your family's holdings.  Lots of depth, but like most Paradox games, once you've got your eye in, is much easier to play.
Posted Image

#192 WalrusKing Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:18 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,597 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
Took me 3 goes but I beat the No.3 Bugatti Veyron SS after 3 attempts at the race, thank you rubber banding for letting me do it in a 911.
Took a fair few more attempts to shut it down though.

Edit:
The Huayra was much easier to shutdown in about 100m with the Veyron SS.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#193 ati Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:02 AM

ati

Say it like Sackboy

• 377 posts
  • PSN:atipuss
  • XBL:atipuss
pvz garden warfare! Fun fps game..stats doesn't matter. .you just level up and do fun stuff..such a change from bf4 :D and yes just got myself xb1 in preparation for Titanfalllll :D
Posted Image

#194 p1nkm15t Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

p1nkm15t

Geek it up, Otacon

• 627 posts
  • LocationAuckland NZ
  • PSN:p1nkm15t
  • Origin:p1nkm15t
  • Steam:p1nkm15t
South Park: The Stick Of Truth - GOTY.

Most fun I've had playing a turn-based RPG, and probably the only time I'd recommend a game based on a TV show.
Get the Steam Version if you want the proper "South Park Experience" :)

#195 Axe99 Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,084 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Great to hear P1nk B).  Wouldn't be Southpark without anal probing, thanks be to Steam!

View Postati, on 07 March 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

pvz garden warfare! Fun fps game..stats doesn't matter. .you just level up and do fun stuff..such a change from bf4 :D and yes just got myself xb1 in preparation for Titanfalllll :D

Congrats on your new toy Ati :D.  PvZ does look like a lot of fun B).
Posted Image

#196 Aromaci Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

Aromaci

Funky like Parappa the Rappa

• 1,193 posts
  • Twitter:@CupcakeShogun
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki
Steam says it's 'low violence' ver.
Posted Image

#197 Axe99 Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,084 posts
  • LocationCanberra

View PostAromaci, on 07 March 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Hmmm.... maybe the Kiwis get away with more edgy stuff easier than we do?

Played through Brothers yesterday, and it is dead-set excellent :D.  Only about three hours long, but it's right up there Journey when it comes to short, excellent, emotional titles.  Took me a little while to get my hand-eye up to controlling each character with each stick (my old brain doesn't learn new tricks as well as it used to ;)) - credit to the devs for trying something interesting and new gameplay-wise, to complement the excellent pacing, storytelling and atmosphere B).
Posted Image

#198 p1nkm15t Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:24 AM

p1nkm15t

Geek it up, Otacon

• 627 posts
  • LocationAuckland NZ
  • PSN:p1nkm15t
  • Origin:p1nkm15t
  • Steam:p1nkm15t

View PostAromaci, on 07 March 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Move to NZ :thumbup: