Birds of Steel!

• 7,661 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99

View PostGasClown, on 16 July 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

So I now have both elves and (what were) werewolves on my side now. I've got a gift list the length of my arm that I need to give to my crew, kept running out of room in the backpack - which I'd upgraded already.

Look out, Santa Clown is about B).
Posted Image

#402 GasClown Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

GasClown

Coulrophobia

• 4,654 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown

View PostAxe99, on 16 July 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

Look out, Santa Clown is about B).

Dashing through Ferelden,
looking for an Axe.
Over the hills we go,
99 gifts falling out my sacks.

Dragon Age Dragon Age,
Origins all the way.
Oh what fun it to slay
the Dragons that come my way.

Hey?

Posted Image

#403 Jykel Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

Jykel

Ignorant & Blissful

• 2,090 posts
  • LocationSomewhere near Axe ;)
  • Clan:TBA
  • PSN:Jykel
  • Origin:Jykel
  • XBL:Jykel
  • Steam:jykel1
Nice work GC :rock:

My Gaming PC :P

Posted Image

#404 GasClown Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:01 AM

GasClown

Coulrophobia

• 4,654 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostJykel, on 16 July 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

Nice work GC :rock:

You should probably hear the 'pulling cones' version we used to sing when we were kids. :P

Posted Image

#405 I_live_4_fun Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

I_live_4_fun

Cole McGrath, just electric

• 1,687 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
  • Clan:BLaZn
  • PSN:I_live_4_fun
One Piece Unlimited World Red :wub:

Admittedly, I didn't feel much for the game at first since the level designs felt a bit bland. Especially in the second level/episode, even though they're all based on locations and characters from the One Piece anime/manga series. The camera controls have a bit of rigidness to them too so it felt a bit old when you can't move it (it sort of changes and locks behind your character a little), though you can still pan out most of the time. And I thought it would be grindy too with groups of enemies always appearing in each new area when you progress and explore the levels and quests.

But! Having played it more, the game is filled with content, fan-service and heaps mini-games and activities to do so I'm really enjoying it :D. The characters feel just like from the anime, especially when you can trigger little conversations and responses between them while exploring or in battle. Most notably are when Zoro is giving directions and Sanji with the women on the team (of course :P). They each also have their own unique fighting styles like you would expect from the series, and this makes the battles and gameplay much more interesting to switch and change things up between them. It's great watching them all fight together at the same time.

The camera is not a problem now that I've gotten used to it. I've just been busy fishing, exploring and looking for items to upgrade the town facilities and my fishing rod/butterfly net haha.

Posted Image

#406 Axe99 Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:12 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,661 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Sounds awesome Live, always great when a game from a series/universe you like turns out well B).  Almost as well as Clowny's verse :D.

Finished Tearaway after seven and a half hours and was very impressed, will definitely give it another go-round down the track, a toss up between that and Gravity Rush as my favourite Vita game, reckon I'd probably go with Tearaway in the end :).  Also still going through Outlast, but been a bit smashed this week so been leaving it for some Crusader Kings 2 and waiting 'til the weekend to hopefully finish it off.
Posted Image

#407 ati Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

ati

Rip it up, Ratchet

• 414 posts
  • PSN:atipuss
  • XBL:atipuss
started borderlands 2 on vita :D
Posted Image

#408 Saintsy Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,174 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen
  • Clan:FC#K
  • PSN:Saints221
Just finished Deus ex.
Short enough not to get boring but long enough to be a decent length. Didnt really wonder around much, stuck to the main stuff.
Boss fights were boringly stupid. Just shoot them till they die. Imo the hardest was the first boss aha :/.
Controls took a bit to get used to. Overall quite an interesting game to play which warrents another playthrough to do some exploring and sidequests.
The Augs are quite cool, but there's far too many useless ones which makes choosing much easier lol.
Doing the pacifist + No alarm trophies to go that extra depth in playing which has made it more fun to play. No more just "Killing everything" hehe.
Posted Image

#409 GasClown Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

GasClown

Coulrophobia

• 4,654 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostSaintsy, on 22 July 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Boss fights were boringly stupid. Just shoot them till they die. Imo the hardest was the first boss aha :/.

Yeah boss fights were a big letdown in that game... apparently (from memory) they were done by a separate studio.

Posted Image

#410 Aromaci Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Aromaci

Thomas Sevchenko, a real trooper

• 1,316 posts
  • Twitter:@CupcakeShogun
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki
The Director's Cut has updated boss fights.
Posted Image

#411 Axe99 Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,661 posts
  • LocationCanberra

View PostGasClown, on 22 July 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

Yeah boss fights were a big letdown in that game... apparently (from memory) they were done by a separate studio.

Your memory serves you well Clowny :).  There were dev pressures, so they outsourced 'em.  Probably didn't give the people it was outsourced too enough direction/guidance either, if most outsourcing jobs are any indication.  Glad you liked it Saintsy, I deffo recommend the 'trying not to kill people/set off alarms' playthrough, much more interesting than just treating it like a CoD clone with a few moral choices and augs.

Played through Stick it to the Man over the last few days, worth at least half a look for adventure/platformer fans.  It's more adventure than platformer, and the writing didn't really grab me, but it was enjoyable enough, and writing is a very personal thing, so others may enjoy it :).  Onto Strike Suit Zero now - a space flight shoot 'em up, always good fun :D.
Posted Image

#412 GraphicX Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,694 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
deus ex still has the best game trailer of any game imo.

#413 OWTLAW274 Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:02 AM

OWTLAW274

Crashin' through like a bandicoot

• 133 posts
  • Twitter:@FallingPotato
  • LocationLand of Do as You Please
  • Clan:GaS
  • PSN:OWTLAW274
  • Steam:FallingPotato
Hearthstone because the Naxx campaign was finally released.
Feel free to add me;

FallenPotato #1132

Also playing Street Fighter 3rd Strike, in anticipation of Ultra SF4 coming to PC in August. Planning on picking up Makoto and maybe Hugo.
Posted Image

#414 GasClown Posted Yesterday, 11:54 PM

GasClown

Coulrophobia

• 4,654 posts
  • LocationFerelden
Gotta give myself a kick up the behind - haven't played DA:O (or any other games) for about a week now. Nearly had my full crew together, only Oghren to go... am in Orzammar though. This is becoming all too common these days - I get enthralled in a game, then get side-tracked, leave the game for weeks/months, find it difficult to get back into, then never return to it. With that said, I've had Metal Gear sitting there since it was launched, played it a bit ages ago and still haven't returned to finished it off. Dark Souls is another one - completely forgot I even had it until it just (like, right now) dawned on me. lol

Posted Image

#415 straussy240 Posted Today, 12:00 AM

straussy240

Cole McGrath, just electric

• 1,966 posts
  • LocationSyd
  • Clan:FC#K
  • PSN:straussy240
  • Steam:straussy270
Happens to me all the time GC - I mean look at Tomb raider and Dishonored. Both solid games, which I forced myself to finish even though they are both great games. However, life gets in the way sometimesand all you want to do is play a game quickly for whatever spare time you manage to rustle up

#416 GasClown Posted Today, 01:06 AM

GasClown

Coulrophobia

• 4,654 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View Poststraussy240, on 25 July 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

Happens to me all the time GC - I mean look at Tomb raider and Dishonored. Both solid games, which I forced myself to finish even though they are both great games. However, life gets in the way sometimesand all you want to do is play a game quickly for whatever spare time you manage to rustle up

I don't know what it is - but I can go months without playing anything at all. And agree, there's nothing wrong with the games at all but I feel most games aren't that easy to just pick up and play, it takes a while to get good at them. Then after you leave it for so long, you go back and you suck at it, forget all the controls etc. - I just get frustrated by that and couldn't be f'd starting from scratch, or getting good again so I just move onto something else or go another couple of months without gaming.

Posted Image

#417 Axe99 Posted Today, 03:35 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,661 posts
  • LocationCanberra

View PostGasClown, on 25 July 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

I don't know what it is - but I can go months without playing anything at all. And agree, there's nothing wrong with the games at all but I feel most games aren't that easy to just pick up and play, it takes a while to get good at them. Then after you leave it for so long, you go back and you suck at it, forget all the controls etc. - I just get frustrated by that and couldn't be f'd starting from scratch, or getting good again so I just move onto something else or go another couple of months without gaming.

I'm the same, if I get side-tracked from something for whatever reason then go back, I normally get mauled by the AI/online initially.  I think the only exception to this is the Elder Scrolls games, which I like to have a break from after the main quest, but before I go back and explore other stuff, but the difficulty curve on them tends to be pretty forgiving.  So get your arse back to Orzammar Clowny :D (only if you want to of course :)).
Posted Image

#418 GraphicX Posted Today, 04:02 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,694 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
been over 2 weeks since i've played a game, need to find something to grab my interest again.

i had a similar issue with dark souls 2.  was on my second play through, side tracked for 2 weeks by another game.  went back to ds2 & couldn't defeat even the basic enemies lol.  now the game's dead for me unfortunately.

#419 GasClown Posted Today, 05:21 AM

GasClown

Coulrophobia

• 4,654 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostGraphicX, on 25 July 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

couldn't defeat even the basic enemies lol.

Well that's it - glad to know you suck at games as well... lol

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users