• 2,192 posts
  • LocationSomewhere near Axe ;)
  • Clan:WpR
  • PSN:Jykel
  • Origin:Jykel
  • XBL:Jykel
  • Steam:jykel1

View PostGraphicX, on 25 July 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

i had a similar issue with dark souls 2.  was on my second play through, side tracked for 2 weeks by another game.  went back to ds2 & couldn't defeat even the basic enemies lol.  now the game's dead for me unfortunately.

That's where I like the Fallouts.  You could go back to them after months and it really wouldnt matter what you were doing.

Posted Image

#422 straussy240 Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:36 PM

straussy240

Cole McGrath, just electric

• 1,995 posts
  • LocationSyd
  • Clan:FC#K
  • PSN:straussy240
  • Steam:straussy270
I literally did this the other day - started a jazz playlist on spotify and started playing (and dying in the badlands) :P

#423 GasClown Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:47 AM

GasClown

I didn't say end your life, I said enjoy life!

• 4,739 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown
I downloaded Strider on Friday from PS+ before it ended (has anyone played it?). I keep missing the PS+ games each month as I'm hardly online so thought I'd quickly get in on that one. Didn't even bother with DS3 as I'd need to hook the PS3 up again. Still need to get back into DA:O... damn it - been around a month now!

Posted Image

#424 Aromaci Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

Aromaci

Thomas Sevchenko, a real trooper

• 1,352 posts
  • Twitter:@CupcakeShogun
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki
Yeah, I've been playing it on an off over the last week. It's quite good. 'Metroidvania' style level design and upgrades. Not very deep combat wise but it works. I've been enjoying it. Makes a change from the kinds of game I normally play.
Posted Image

#425 GasClown Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:31 AM

GasClown

I didn't say end your life, I said enjoy life!

• 4,739 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown

View PostAromaci, on 04 August 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

Yeah, I've been playing it on an off over the last week. It's quite good. 'Metroidvania' style level design and upgrades. Not very deep combat wise but it works. I've been enjoying it. Makes a change from the kinds of game I normally play.

Cool - sounds good.

Posted Image

#426 Axe99 Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:46 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,833 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Sounds like there's been some quality PS+ gaming going on B).  Still muddling through my crazy Roman Empire game of Crusader Kings 2 at the moment.  Steam says my CK2 total is 216 hours, and I think I was on 66 or so when this game started - I've still got around 150 years to go (of about 600) and in one playthrough I think it's going to smash my 'longest playthrough of any game' record by some margin (Even Skyrim was 'only' 150 hours for a once-through and most of the sidequests).  Not all games are that long, mind, a 'normal'-ish game would be in the 40-70 hours range, which is fairly normal for Paradox strat titles - just gone a bit crazy in this one and rolled over most of Europe, the Middle East, North Africa and a small part of India.  It's a good time killer/chill-out game when crook, which works well :).

Other'n'that, had a gander at PS Vita Pets (awkward name of the year award), which isn't bad, another good chill-out game, it's basically some light exploration with some very, very basic minigames and puzzles.
Posted Image

#427 WalrusKing Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:49 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,726 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
Assassin's Creed 2

Just finished it. The ending has me wanting to pick up brotherhood sometime once I get the current crop of games I own down a bit, also liked the credits section as well.
I've already played AC3 so really playing 2 was just filling in the gaps since the story has me interested in it.

First I can see that it was a noticeable improvement over AC. I had played AC3 a fair bit before starting one and as such found AC quite a step back and struggle to finish. I didnt happen across this feeling for he most part while playing AC2 I only really missed the refinement in movement and environment traversal that the  series has gone through but not close to the extent that I missed it during AC. Also found at times the distance you had to cover annoying when I just wanted to get on with missions and continue the story.

I preferred the villa to the farm in AC3 which I found too big at times and also preferred the setting of AC2 but due to personal preference.
I did hunt down all the truth glyphs, Assassin Tombs, and Template lairs. The tombs and Lairs weren't too bad only a few gave trouble in a few platforming sections due the camera and issues that  I don't feel I would've had if it had AC3's refinements. The truth puzzles weren't bad only had to check one on the net when even after the advice I couldn't get my head around it.

I played the complete version so it had sequences 12 and 13 added into the story. Its kinda interesting to see how the game wouodve jumped whole playing the original versions with those sequences missing.

The game when smoothly for the most part during missions only had real trouble with repeating 2 over and over till I got them done both assassinations without detection during sequence 13, one of which I had to use the net as I used too much logic on which guards were over watching who.

It somewhat interesting to see how far or not it has come going back to the older games, combats still annoying/tedious when dealing with more than a few enemies but has improved other the series but I still notice the lack of a stealth system to make you be able to truley stalk your prey over all of them.

It took me just over 22hrs to finish up all that I did which is good the during sequence 13 it did start to feel a bit long.

Think I shall get around to lightning returns now considering a bought it a while ago for $30 which is a bit much for a game to out off playing for so long plus I haven't touched the ps3 in a good while.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#428 Axe99 Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:43 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,833 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Nice one Spec :).  Assassin's Creed 2 was a huge step up from the first - I still liked the as it was good for my inner history geek, but the gameplay, camera and traversal were definitely far less refined.

Just finished up Valiant Hearts: The Great War yesterday, and it was excellent.  Another great game for history fans, and a really well told story, and enjoyable light puzzling (I only needed the net once, which for me on a puzzle game means it's plenty easy, and shouldn't intimidate anyone over the age of 5 :)).  Would highly, highly recommend for anyone interested in that period of history.  The pace and vibe felt not unlike Telltale's story games, although in 2D instead of 3D, and with less zombies (depending on how you classify the generals of the time).

Next up, I'm going to go crazy on War Thunder for a little while :D.
Posted Image

#429 OWTLAW274 Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

OWTLAW274

Crashin' through like a bandicoot

• 136 posts
  • Twitter:@FallingPotato
  • LocationLand of Do as You Please
  • Clan:GaS
  • PSN:OWTLAW274
  • Steam:FallingPotato
Playing Age of Empires 2 offline so i can practice my knight rushes in secret lol
Ultra Street Fighter 4 on PC as well. Hopefully soon with my new job starting i will be able to get a new PC so i can actually run USF4 on more then 22fps lol
Posted Image

#430 Hasan-I Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:23 AM

Hasan-I

Geek it up, Otacon

• 514 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, VIC.
  • Clan:BTG
  • PSN:Hasan-I
  • Origin:I-Hasan
  • Steam:hasan_i
Good to hear that about Valiant Hearts, was keen on playing that.
Posted Image

#431 WalrusKing Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:18 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,726 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51

View PostAxe99, on 16 August 2014 - 03:43 AM, said:

Nice one Spec :).  Assassin's Creed 2 was a huge step up from the first - I still liked the as it was good for my inner history geek, but the gameplay, camera and traversal were definitely far less refined.

Yeah they really fixed a lot of the issues that AC had with the sequel. The camera only become annoying during the tombs when it would change to a fxed angle to show you something.

I forgot but I got massively trolled by 2 guards. I fell in the water near a wharf and couldn't get up as they'd keep knocking me back down. While tryig to swim away I'd get stunned by them throwing rocks, this all went on for a few minutes before I finally managed to get back on solid ground and proceeded to exact revenge.  It was so annoying.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#432 ati Posted Today, 01:19 AM

ati

Rip it up, Ratchet

• 444 posts
  • PSN:atipuss
  • XBL:atipuss
vita-ffx
xb1 -bf4 thanks to ea access :D
ps3-gtao
ps4-bf4,tlou and DIABLO!! :D Witch doctor!!!
Posted Image

#433 SmokeyPSD Posted Today, 03:31 AM

SmokeyPSD

Sexy like Nariko

• 221 posts
  • Twitter:SmokeyPSD
  • LocationCanberra, Aus
  • PSN:smokeypsd
  • Steam:smokeypsd
Yeah AC II actually made me into a fan. Didn't much like the 1st at all.
Posted Image

#434 Aromaci Posted Today, 03:34 AM

Aromaci

Thomas Sevchenko, a real trooper

• 1,352 posts
  • Twitter:@CupcakeShogun
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki
AC2 was the point for me where AC became a big deal as well.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users