Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,932 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
So you've got a Steam backlog of multiple games across multiple genres, and you go for something as close to Wasteland 2 as possible? :P.  Have heard some pretty good things about Shadowrun Returns, so suspect it'll grow on you.  Also suspect it'll be different enough that you enjoy Wastelands 2 as well :).

Still playing Watch Dogs, and still really enjoying it for it's city 'simulation' (that's a bit of a stretch, but it's the closest we've seen yet).  Story and characters don't seem too bad either, although nothing particularly memorable as yet.
Posted Image

#442 GasClown Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:57 AM

GasClown

I didn't say end your life, I said enjoy life!

• 4,807 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown
Was so close to finally going back to playing Dragon Age again over the weekend... One day...

Posted Image

#443 Jykel Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:29 AM

Jykel

Ignorant & Blissful

• 2,233 posts
  • LocationSomewhere near Axe ;)
  • Clan:WpR
  • PSN:Jykel
  • Origin:Jykel
  • XBL:Jykel
  • Steam:jykel1
TLoU Grounded Mode, makes the old Survivor mode play like easy :)

Posted Image

#444 straussy240 Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:06 AM

straussy240

Scholar Visari just keeps on keeping on

• 2,019 posts
  • LocationSyd
  • Clan:FC#K
  • PSN:straussy240
  • Steam:straussy270
Mass effect 1 again...glorious <3

Only thing bugging me was I forgot that games based on the unreal engine (?) continually minimise to the desktop in the middle of gameplay on PC...so infuriating when you die and lose 15 mins of progress

#445 ati Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

ati

Rip it up, Ratchet

• 451 posts
  • PSN:atipuss
  • XBL:atipuss
game nights
mon-xb1
weds- tlou
thurs -bf4 -> Destiny
fri-Destiny
Sat- Diablo
Sun- Gtao
:D

Posted Image

#446 straussy240 Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:01 AM

straussy240

• 2,019 posts
  • LocationSyd
Mass effect 2 now - recruiting my team and on the lookout to punch reporters in the face!@

Posted Image

Still gotta get back to HL 1 and 2, but gotta to save the galaxy again from the reapers

#447 SmokeyPSD Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

SmokeyPSD

Sexy like Nariko

• 223 posts
  • Twitter:SmokeyPSD
  • LocationCanberra, Aus
  • PSN:smokeypsd
  • Steam:smokeypsd
I found Jennifer Hale so much better as Shepherd. I also tend to be renegade with her too lol.

I've been playing Conception 2 on the Vita, good jrpg fun. Also been trying to play more strategy orientated games on big screen lately so I've been playing a bit (a lot) of Crusader Kings and Gal Civ III. Slowed down a bit but I'm still going through the Arkham games again too and Watch Dogs.
Posted Image

#448 GasClown Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

GasClown

• 4,807 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostSmokeyPSD, on 28 August 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

I found Jennifer Hale so much better as Shepherd. I also tend to be renegade with her too lol.

Yeah mate - FemShep is the best.

Posted Image

#449 GraphicX Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,754 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
so finished shadow run.  can't say i can recommend it at all.  probably worth a shot if you pick it up for $3 or $4 but apart from that give it a miss.

have started dishonored.  once again it's not really taking me.  some of the sound effects have been recycled from fallout 3 i'm sure & it actually feels & sometimes looks like fallout 3 (same company i think).

all in all it reminds me a lot of bioshock, but it's just not gripping me in any way.  it has a ton of depth in how you can tackle things, yet it's extremely repetitive.  everything is nice & smooth visually, but the textures are really low res & the environment is mundane.  just not a game for me.

#450 straussy240 Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

straussy240

• 2,019 posts
  • LocationSyd
I found the dishonored world felt empty, which is pretty disappointing because it has some potential. I finished the main story, but gave up on all the DLC

#451 Dragonmyballs Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:33 AM

Dragonmyballs

Nicest Guy Around!

• 279 posts
  • LocationHere
  • PSN:Have a guess
Started playing Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn on pc because master race haha
Posted Image

#452 GasClown Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

GasClown

• 4,807 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostGraphicX, on 31 August 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

have started dishonored.  once again it's not really taking me.  some of the sound effects have been recycled from fallout 3 i'm sure & it actually feels & sometimes looks like fallout 3 (same company i think).

The environmental etc design was created by the guy that did Half Life 2... so to me (personally) it looked far more like those games than Fallout 3. Maybe it's just the bleakness that your relating to Fallout 3? Pretty sure that Bethesda is the parent company of Arkane, so I wouldn't count them out reusing some assets.

Posted Image

#453 Axe99 Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:09 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,932 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99

View PostGasClown, on 31 August 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

The environmental etc design was created by the guy that did Half Life 2... so to me (personally) it looked far more like those games than Fallout 3. Maybe it's just the bleakness that your relating to Fallout 3? Pretty sure that Bethesda is the parent company of Arkane, so I wouldn't count them out reusing some assets.

Aye, different developers to Fallout 3 (Bethesda, and Obsidian for New Vegas - Dishonored is Arkane) but same publishers.  Sorry to hear you've had a bit of bad luck with games you've been getting into - they both did pretty well on metacritic, and I personally thought Dishonored was very well done, but different tastes and all that :).

@ Drags - I'll have to grab it on PS4 and PvP your master race ass :P.  Hope it's going well, have been interested in giving it a look, how are you finding it?

Still playing through Watch Dogs at this end, and still enjoying it - starting to feel I'm easily pleased, lol, but that's fine with me :).  Also enjoying War Thunder, skipping between the different nations to unlock different single-player/coop missions and dynamic (coop) campaigns, currently ripping it up in the P40-E and the P-38 Lightning, while dropping bombs with the A-20 Havoc and getting shot to pieces in the SBD-3 Dauntless :D.
Posted Image

#454 GasClown Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:23 PM

GasClown

• 4,807 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostAxe99, on 31 August 2014 - 10:09 PM, said:

Sorry to hear you've had a bit of bad luck with games you've been getting into - they both did pretty well on metacritic, and I personally thought Dishonored was very well done, but different tastes and all that :).

This is what happens when kids get codified... they notice repeating patterns much easier. lol

Posted Image

#455 GraphicX Posted Yesterday, 01:03 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,754 posts
the audio for picking up coins & eating are identical to fallout 3/vegas i'm pretty sure.  haven't played cod in a while, not since december i think.  my copy of ghosts was loaned (permanently it appears lol) to a mate.  not sure i'll be getting the next cod, still waiting for wasteland 2 to land which is later this month atm.

#456 GasClown Posted Yesterday, 01:38 AM

GasClown

• 4,807 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostGraphicX, on 01 September 2014 - 01:03 AM, said:

haven't played cod in a while, not since december i think.  my copy of ghosts was loaned (permanently it appears lol) to a mate.  not sure i'll be getting the next cod

https://www.youtube....h?v=y8Kyi0WNg40

Posted Image

#457 AroGantz Posted Yesterday, 01:42 AM

AroGantz

Say it like Sackboy

• 302 posts
  • LocationAustralind, WA
  • PSN:AroGantz
  • Origin:AroGantz
  • XBL:AroGantz
  • Steam:AroGantz
Don't worry Graph, I thought Dishonored was ordinary as well and I'm certainly not a CoD kiddy :)

I've developed a bit of an addiction to iRacing it appears

#458 GraphicX Posted Yesterday, 01:48 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,754 posts
always been interested to have a go at iracing, it's subscription based though isn't it ?

#459 AroGantz Posted Yesterday, 02:04 AM

AroGantz

Say it like Sackboy

• 302 posts
  • LocationAustralind, WA
  • PSN:AroGantz
  • Origin:AroGantz
  • XBL:AroGantz
  • Steam:AroGantz
Yeah, $12/month, $30/3 months, $100/year but they only give you X amount of tracks/cars to start with then you need to buy them to advance through the game. I believe they have a half price membership deal for new members atm so you could get 3 months for $15.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users