#481 SmokeyPSD Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:25 PM

SmokeyPSD

Sexy like Nariko

• 231 posts
  • Twitter:SmokeyPSD
  • LocationCanberra, Aus
  • PSN:smokeypsd
  • Steam:smokeypsd
If your gonna play around with mods I highly recommend Frostfall. Great gameplay/immersion addition and feels like it should've been there all along.
Posted Image

#482 GraphicX Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:23 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,797 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
will give that a look, no mods on atm though, axe was just being cheeky ;)

#483 Doomystic Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

Doomystic

Talkin' back like Daxter

• 261 posts
  • Clan:FC#K
  • PSN:Doomystic
Assins Crred Black Flag - oldie but a goodie (like Gasclown) :wub:
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee."   Jules Winnfield

#484 WalrusKing Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:53 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,798 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
Tropico 3(free from humble store)
Always been interested in tropico tried demos of both 3 and 4 preferring 4 cause it run noticeably better. Got my world building needs before hand from Sim Safari and Zoo Tycoon so it has been a while since Ive played a building game.

I found that I need to play the campaign or have some goal given to me, sandbox just seemed aimless to me and didn't have much urge to do anything. Only real complaint so far is the lack of a high/higher end apartment/tenant. Its annoying that as the quality goes up the amount of people it holds goes down and soon enough there are apartments everywhere as the population grows. I would expect this has been remedied in one of the newer game though.

Also went back to the Witcher. Its been a year and I remembered why I stopped, lost some time due to a crash. I save more often now if Im in a area for while and don't do anything to trigger the autosave.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#485 Axe99 Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:34 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,054 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Aye, I hit the ole autosave regularly in the Witcher (for whatever reason, my version crashed, on average, every hour or so of play).  Hope you enjoy - I found after about 10-12 hours in it sucked me in and I enjoyed it a lot, but it took a little while to warm up to me.  And use potions and signs a lot :).

Rolled on from Endless Space (competent but not mind-blowing, there are better 4X space sims out there, and couldn't recommend over Gal Civ II) to LA Noire and loving it, really great atmosphere.  A lot of the gameplay revolves around interviewing your suspects, and some of the available choices aren't as logical as they could be so on the odd occasion I've had a "what the hell" momen, but that's fairly standard with this kind of thing, and I could imagine it'd be pretty hard to move from branching to open narratives, so easy enough to see why they went down that path.  Overall it's very good fun, although also fairly hard edged - you're a cop doing a range of cases, including some pretty nasty murders, so not always for the faint of heart.

Road Not Taken was pretty good as well.  It evolves into a fairly complex puzzler, which is where I bowed out, but it gave me 4-5 hours of fun.  Move onto Worms: Battlegrounds as my PS4 game after that, and it's good fun - a good, polished version of Worms - if you've ever played Worms before you'll know if you like it or not (I've been enjoying Worms for the better part of the last two decades, pretty much get a copy on whatever my current platform is).
Posted Image

#486 SmokeyPSD Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

SmokeyPSD

Sexy like Nariko

• 231 posts
  • Twitter:SmokeyPSD
  • LocationCanberra, Aus
  • PSN:smokeypsd
  • Steam:smokeypsd
LA noire is one of my favourites. Fantastic atmosphere and the period is really brought to life. It was great to actually do the detecting for once as a detective.
Cool little random thing in it, you can see a building which was used to film Blade Runner with and even go up on the roof of it where the end took place. It's the Bradbury Building. Lots of other landmarks but that one stuck out out for me.

I've pretty much just been playing Crusader Kings right now and a bit of Mass Effect again.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users