GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,905 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
i tried to play witcher 1, but the controller insisted on being too sensitive no matter what sensitivity i set it to.  just caused me to spin everything i tried to line up an attack.  keen to play witcher 2 & 3 at some point though (already have 2).

#502 Axe99 Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:40 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,166 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99

View PostGraphicX, on 13 October 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

i tried to play witcher 1, but the controller insisted on being too sensitive no matter what sensitivity i set it to.  just caused me to spin everything i tried to line up an attack.  keen to play witcher 2 & 3 at some point though (already have 2).

You really need to play Witcher 1 with a mouse/kb, it's not really designed for gamepad play - it could have been with the mechanics of they'd had an eye to it, but CD Projekt Red are PC devs first, and at that stage I'm tipping they just hadn't really thought much about the pad side of things.  You must play Witcher 2, it's really, really good :).
Posted Image

#503 GraphicX Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:51 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,905 posts
i suck even more with a kb & mouse than i do with a gamepad :/

#504 Axe99 Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:44 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,166 posts
  • LocationCanberra

View PostGraphicX, on 14 October 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

i suck even more with a kb & mouse than i do with a gamepad :/

If stodgy old me can cope playing it with a mouse/kb I'm sure hip, happening you will find it no worries at all ;).  It's not really a twitch game, so it's not like you're playing TF2 with teenagers or anything :).
Posted Image

#505 WalrusKing Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:38 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,881 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
I've got a thread for it up, I'll move the posts above related here to it, so when they disappears that's where they went
Just spilt it out of the general gaming thread

the evil within

Edit: that's done, I'll deltet this post in 24hours to give time for people to understand why things moved

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#506 GasClown Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:28 AM

GasClown

What is below, remains below. That is the law.

• 5,009 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown

Two possibilities exist:

Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.

Both are equally terrifying.

Posted Image

#507 Axe99 Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:55 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,166 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Haha, indeed Clowny :).  I'm not sure of the context, but I'd go with not alone as my bet.

Finished off InFamous: Second Son a day or two ago, and thought it was very good.  Not quite 'all time classic' (the gameplay was fine, but the pacing wasn't quite there, and while Delsin's character was well done, I never really warmed to him), but still all quality.  Also had enough of Minecraft - is good fun to mess around with, but after a while it gets a bit repetitive.

Onto Crusader Kings 2 now - playing as the Maharajah of Lanka (present day Sri Lanka), will see if we can't have a Sri Lankan ruled India by the time the game is over :).
Posted Image

#508 GasClown Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:15 AM

GasClown

• 5,009 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostAxe99, on 19 October 2014 - 12:55 AM, said:

I'm not sure of the context

Starts with X and ends with COM. Ended up buying it on Steam... had an urge to play it again - how long that urge will last remains to be seen.
Posted Image

#509 Aromaci Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:24 AM

Aromaci

Thomas Sevchenko, a real trooper

• 1,415 posts
  • Twitter:@CupcakeShogun
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki
I've heard that quote before. I think it's from some astronomer or something.
Posted Image

#510 GraphicX Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:43 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,905 posts
started playing sniper elite v2 which was a giveaway on steam at some point.  surprised by how good it is for a freebie, been quite impressed with it so far.

#511 Axe99 Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:06 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,166 posts
  • LocationCanberra

View PostGasClown, on 19 October 2014 - 02:15 AM, said:

Starts with X and ends with COM. Ended up buying it on Steam... had an urge to play it again - how long that urge will last remains to be seen.

A fine choice Clowny B).  Good luck :D.
Posted Image

#512 GraphicX Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:16 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,905 posts
snipers are beast in that game.

#513 GasClown Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:57 AM

GasClown

• 5,009 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostAxe99, on 19 October 2014 - 04:06 AM, said:

A fine choice Clowny B).  Good luck :D.

Yeah - enjoying it just as much as the first time. I prefer playing these sorts of games with a m/kb as well.
Posted Image

#514 SmokeyPSD Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:52 AM

SmokeyPSD

Sexy like Nariko

• 238 posts
  • Twitter:SmokeyPSD
  • LocationCanberra, Aus
  • PSN:smokeypsd
  • Steam:smokeypsd
Been playing a bit more Vita lately. Been having fun with Dragon's Crown and a few other games. I used to love those old 2d beat em up games when I was young. Like Capcom's AVP.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#515 WalrusKing Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:07 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,881 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
Was playing Bioshock 2 but decided to through in the towel for now at least.

Started on easy not looking for anything challenging at the moment, the gameplay from 1 grew on me so it was nice it was similar, liked the change to the hacking mini-game speed it up alot and will help with it not feeling choirish like the hacking mini-game in 1 did after a while  also liked the distance hacking makes hacking security alot easier.

The problem it crashes a fair bit in the 2 hours I've played it. Not really in the mood to search through a bunch of "fixes" in hope of it working, tried uninstalling a windows update and it did seem to give me more time between crashes but the last crash happened during a save so it cost me that save with only the autosave at the start of the level left. I don't fancy going through the game having to make 2 saves every 10-20min for the 12+ hours it will take and even then hoping it doesn't crash during the first save.

I've had good luck with PC games just running issues have been far and few in-between and nothing that couldn't be fixed in 20min with BF3 cut-scene audio being the only one I couldn't fix.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#516 Axe99 Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:15 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,166 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Commiserations Spec - do you still have access to a PS3?  It's likely pretty cheap on that, and a good deal more stable (if not as pretty/'framey').  I enjoyed it, thought it was a little under-rated at the time, still a great game even though it lacked the 'wow' factor of the first as we'd already been introduced to Rapture.

Giving Transistor a look on PS4 atm, tag-teaming with Crusader Kings 2 (the Kingdom of Lanka has made it off Sri Lanka and now controls the southern tip of the Subcontinent proper - onwards and upwards!)  Transistor is very good so far (a couple of hours in), the core gameplay is combat where you choose which attacks you have from a bunch of options, and the twist is that each attack has a buff, also provided by the same options, so you mix and match the different attacks and buffs to come up with good builds.  Combat is semi-turn based (you fill up a 'turn' gauge, then press R2 and step out your turn, then execute, then run and hide while the gauge fills up if you're me ;)).  It's a pretty cool concept, and the world and art are very good as well, deffo recommend giving it a look if that sounds interesting to peeps :).
Posted Image

#517 WalrusKing Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:00 PM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,881 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
Yeah PS3 still around, I enjoyed what little I had enough to give it a better a go at some stage to try and get it stable just don't feel like it right now.

Posted Image

#518 GraphicX Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:09 PM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,905 posts
bioshock 2 was where you were the big deep sea diver guy isn't it ?  i thought it was a decent game, but the 'drill' was waaaaay overpowered.

#519 WalrusKing Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:53 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,881 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
Did the calibration chamber in Portal 2 with Live. I was wondering what the hell she was doing right at the start before realising that someone who hasn't played portal in any form before wouldn't no that Portals only work on white surface. That information was passed on quickly.

Also started Torchlight 2 feels like 1 but better. Playing on Normal and its nice and easy so far just fun going around whacking everything and exploring the much improved levels, they have outside open levels to go with the dungeons.

Plus my PC is running it max at 720p windowed mode so it runs well. Will give it a go 1080p full-screen sometime.

Posted Image

#520 Aromaci Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

Aromaci

Thomas Sevchenko, a real trooper

• 1,415 posts
  • Twitter:@CupcakeShogun
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki

View PostGasClown, on 19 October 2014 - 12:28 AM, said:

Two possibilities exist:

Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.

Both are equally terrifying.

Arthur C. Clark, I believe is the origin of that quote.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users