The "What are you playing" thread.

• Please log in to reply
532 replies to this topic

#521 GasClown Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:14 AM

GasClown

What is below, remains below. That is the law.

• 5,039 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown
Mother lord of video games - that was enough XCOM this weekend to satisfy an army.
Posted Image

#522 GraphicX Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:16 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,924 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
finished sniper elite v2, was a fairly decent game.  almost botched the last mission but got it in the end.

played some Civ V, just loaded up the forest & about to fire it up, will post up some thoughts.

@ gc; do you have the bureau as well ?

#523 GasClown Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:21 AM

GasClown

• 5,039 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostGraphicX, on 26 October 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

@ gc; do you have the bureau as well ?

Haven't got the Bureau. I'm more interested in getting the add-on Enemy Within once I've finished Enemy Unknown again. I hear it's bloody good.
Posted Image

#524 GraphicX Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:36 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,924 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
this 'the forest' game is waaaay better than first expected.  it's only 600mb but far out it looks good.

Spoiler

#525 Axe99 Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:52 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,199 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Nice one Graph, sounds interesting, let that cannibal have it!

View PostGasClown, on 26 October 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

Mother lord of video games - that was enough XCOM this weekend to satisfy an army.

Saw you hitting it hard mate, great to hear it's got you hooked, is an awesome game :).  How'd you go?
Posted Image

#526 GasClown Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:03 PM

GasClown

• 5,039 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostAxe99, on 26 October 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

Saw you hitting it hard mate, great to hear it's got you hooked, is an awesome game :).  How'd you go?

Only lost Egypt, fully decked out with satellites, arch angel armour, SHIVS and all that jazz. About to go to their base but I still need to capture one of those aliens first. Focus now is really on Firestorms and getting them to every country. Have 2 in production and one already mobile.

EDIT - must say I'm having 'a little' more difficulty trying to capture one now that I left it so late (enemies are far better equipped)... when I played it on console I prioritised it. There's always one twit on overwatch that kills the last one before I can get in there and zap him. lol With that said, I've only lost two soldiers and they were both privates, hence why I let them go.
Posted Image

#527 ati Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:29 PM

ati

Rip it up, Ratchet

• 484 posts
  • PSN:atipuss
  • XBL:atipuss
Posted Image :D
Posted Image

#528 Axe99 Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:49 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,199 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Hahaha, your dream car Ati?

View PostGasClown, on 26 October 2014 - 11:03 PM, said:

Only lost Egypt, fully decked out with satellites, arch angel armour, SHIVS and all that jazz. About to go to their base but I still need to capture one of those aliens first. Focus now is really on Firestorms and getting them to every country. Have 2 in production and one already mobile.

EDIT - must say I'm having 'a little' more difficulty trying to capture one now that I left it so late (enemies are far better equipped)... when I played it on console I prioritised it. There's always one twit on overwatch that kills the last one before I can get in there and zap him. lol With that said, I've only lost two soldiers and they were both privates, hence why I let them go.

You're tearing it up B).  Good luck for the final assault, I remember the first time I did that was tough and then some - at least you know what you'll be getting into this time :).

Been playing some more Transistor here and it's very good.  Like many indie games, it's an acquired taste, and wouldn't be for everyone, but the gameplay (and it's very gameplay-focussed) is excellent, makes you think about which attack functions you go into battle with, and they're well balanced so that there's no 'uber build' (at least as far as I can see at this stage).  Wasn't originally planning two, but I reckon I might give it a second playthrough if it stays this good :D.
Posted Image

#529 GasClown Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:31 PM

GasClown

• 5,039 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostAxe99, on 27 October 2014 - 09:49 PM, said:

You're tearing it up B).  Good luck for the final assault, I remember the first time I did that was tough and then some - at least you know what you'll be getting into this time :).

Yeah - it'll be a lot easier this time around. Got plasmas all round now as well and upgraded the Firestorms to the best weapon (one hit kill). There's no chance in hell those fuckers are taking over our Earth.
Posted Image

#530 GasClown Posted Yesterday, 02:29 AM

GasClown

• 5,039 posts
  • LocationFerelden
So yeah - got the Alien underground base to do now. The problem with me is I don't like losing soldiers, particularly now that they are all maxed. So I reckon it'll take a few goes to get a perfect run. Now that it's weekdays, trying to sneak in 1/2 hr - 1 hr a night so I don't get sidetracked and lose attention.
Posted Image

#531 WalrusKing Posted Yesterday, 03:26 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,904 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
Got the main bit of Torchlight 2 done. defeated the main boss as an engineer with my army of bots. Post game they have 'maps' that you buy to explore 3 level dungeons with the last being the boos level takes me around 20-30 mins to do 45-55 level maps while I'm level 60 other option is to start NG+.

Definitely seems better than the original from my memory bar the maps not sure how I feel  to them compared to the mega dungeon from one.

Also finished Portal 2 co-op with Live it was good fun though some frustrating bits one caused by a glitch where the ending movie for the art therapy level didn't trigger so we found out later. Had many funny moment like when I dropped a cube thinking it would land safely(It didn't). All the levels were so simple in the end and many ended with us wondering why couldn't we see that quicker.

The inbuilt gesture communicator worked well, Only a few times did the chat box need to be used. Going after the achievements were fun as well and none were too difficult or required many tries and really showed how far we improved since we started.

Definitely want a Nvidia GPU as my next one so I can use shadowplay for a no nonsense screen recorder to capture those funny and triumphant moments.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#532 I_live_4_fun Posted Yesterday, 06:05 AM

I_live_4_fun

Cole McGrath, just electric

• 1,875 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
  • Clan:BLaZn
  • PSN:I_live_4_fun
Yay, Portal 2 :D. I hadn't played any of the Portal games before and really enjoyed all of the puzzle-solving and co-op with the WalrusKing. I believe I had a fair few ??? moments just wondering how he worked out exactly where and when to put up the portals to get through the tests but it was good to learn and get used to thinking outside the square. Definitely required much more brain power than all the Destiny I've been playing lately ;).

I've started playing the story for Portal 1 and the little turret bots are so annoying (but sound so cute :P)!

Posted Image

"Yohohohohohoho!!!!!"

#533 GasClown Posted Yesterday, 06:40 AM

GasClown

• 5,039 posts
  • LocationFerelden
Yeah both Portals are excellent games. Very clever. I never thought the puzzles were that intensive. I think only one stumped me on P2 but that was because the solution was in the next room which was big (so more a multi-room puzzle). I really hope they make a third. Portal 1 has the best video game song in history and I reckon Portal 2 has the best ending to a game in history.

Don't watch this if you haven't finished Portal 1.

:rock:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users