Hasan-I

Geek it up, Otacon

• 579 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, VIC.
  • Clan:BTG
  • PSN:Hasan-I
  • Origin:I-Hasan
  • Steam:hasan_i
If there is ever a dry period of games next year, am looking at picking up Dragon Age as well. Looks great from what i have seen. Let us know how you guys get on!
Posted Image

#582 GasClown Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:39 AM

GasClown

What is below, remains below. That is the law.

• 5,148 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown
OMFG!! All the updates (games and system), there must have been 30 seconds of notifications. lol I had a funny feeling that'd happen so thought I better do it now. The age of dragons is approaching.
Posted Image

#583 GasClown Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:51 AM

GasClown

• 5,148 posts
  • LocationFerelden
Well, I didn't even get to the first rift but it's definitely in sight. Should have more time tomorrow night and over the weekend to properly play it.
Posted Image

#584 Aromaci Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:00 AM

Aromaci

Thomas Sevchenko, a real trooper

• 1,450 posts
  • Twitter:@CupcakeShogun
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki
Yeah, prologue is pretty long.
Posted Image

#585 OWTLAW274 Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:49 AM

OWTLAW274

Garza! Garrzzzaaaaa!!

• 151 posts
  • Twitter:@FallingPotato
  • LocationLand of Do as You Please
  • Clan:GaS
  • PSN:OWTLAW274
  • Steam:FallingPotato
I bought the new 3DS and Pokemon Ruby re-release so work is going to be even more relaxing
Posted Image

#586 GasClown Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:15 PM

GasClown

• 5,148 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostAromaci, on 20 November 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

Yeah, prologue is pretty long.

Just had too many interruptions so really couldn't sit down and enjoy it. I'll probably start it again tbh - I didn't really pay much attention to what was going on. Then I just decided to do some more work, which I'm just finishing up on now - so at least I can sleep in tomorrow instead of starting at 3am.
Posted Image

#587 Axe99 Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:21 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,307 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Here's wishing you better luck today Clowny :).
Posted Image

#588 GraphicX Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:54 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,975 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
installed shadow of mordor =)

went through the settings, everything on max, but textures on 'medium' the benchmark comes back with 36 fps average, 66 max, 21 min.  for the textures it has medium 2gb vram, high 4gb vram & ultra 6gb vram so i can only imagine what it'd look like (& that's for running 1080p, imagine if you wanted 4k or something lol).

anyway keen to get into it tonight, had a quick run of outlast last night & that game really is pretty freaky.  will fiddle in that on & off.

#589 Axe99 Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:01 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,307 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Nice one Graph, am sure it'll look plenty shiny on PC :).  I haven't posted up any more pics over the last couple of days because I've pretty much been in similar situations, but am still enjoying the game immensely - it's a bit easier now I've got my eye in, but I'm still failing missions once or twice a session, and you really remember when you fail (ie, die) because it changes up the whole Uruk power structure, and the Uruk that killed you becomes a captain, really adds character to it :).  Only played about four of the story missions so far, having too much fun just playing side missions and taking out captains :D.

Also mixing it up with Dragon's Crown a little, and am enjoying it a lot more than I thought it I would - there's something about it that draws you in, kinda like Golden Axe, but with RPG elements.  Recommend giving it a look to peeps that got it on PS+ and have a Vita, and Golden Axe fans :).
Posted Image

#590 GraphicX Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:07 PM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,975 posts
i love golden axe, used to have all of them on the megadrive but before that would smash them on an arcade machine at the local plaza.

i'm not too sure about shadow of mordor, it didn't impress me at all at eb expo but i was hoping it was only because i was seeing such a snippet of the game.  i don't think i've played for even 2 hours yet & it's extremely repetitive :/

#591 Axe99 Posted Yesterday, 12:46 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,307 posts
  • LocationCanberra

View PostGraphicX, on 21 November 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

i'm not too sure about shadow of mordor, it didn't impress me at all at eb expo but i was hoping it was only because i was seeing such a snippet of the game.  i don't think i've played for even 2 hours yet & it's extremely repetitive :/

:(  Sorry to hear it, I'd give it a little bit longer at least, but if the core gameplay doesn't grab you, then it may not be your bag (in which case I'm very sorry for getting you interested in it - I'm still a big fan).
Posted Image

#592 GraphicX Posted Yesterday, 04:26 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,975 posts
played more this morning, i think i've already explored all the depth in the game & it's literally just the same things over & over now.  not your fault at all axe, i had it in front of me at the expo & it was pretty bland imo & i still went & bought it lol.

#593 GasClown Posted Yesterday, 06:29 AM

GasClown

• 5,148 posts
  • LocationFerelden
Still haven't gotten around to playing more Inquisition. Kinda sucks!
Posted Image

#594 Axe99 Posted Yesterday, 06:35 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,307 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Commiserations Clowny!  I hope you get some in over the weekend, good luck :).  On the plus side, the longer you wait, the more bugs they'll fix....

View PostGraphicX, on 22 November 2014 - 04:26 AM, said:

played more this morning, i think i've already explored all the depth in the game & it's literally just the same things over & over now.  not your fault at all axe, i had it in front of me at the expo & it was pretty bland imo & i still went & bought it lol.

Aye - it's definitely similar gameplay repeated, but most games are like that really (your average FPS - move, aim, shoot, rinse-wash-repeat) - I guess it's whether the repetition in question is the gameplay you're looking for.  Sorry to hear it wasn't your thing though.
Posted Image

#595 GasClown Posted Yesterday, 09:11 AM

GasClown

• 5,148 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostAxe99, on 22 November 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

Commiserations Clowny!

lol - It's not like someone died mate. The earth will keep revolving but the dragons will never age.
Posted Image

#596 Aromaci Posted Yesterday, 10:01 AM

Aromaci

Thomas Sevchenko, a real trooper

• 1,450 posts
  • Twitter:@CupcakeShogun
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki

View PostGasClown, on 22 November 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

lol - It's not like someone died mate.

Only your dreams, Clowny. Only your dreams.
Posted Image

#597 I_live_4_fun Posted Yesterday, 11:56 PM

I_live_4_fun

Cole McGrath, just electric

• 1,904 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
  • Clan:BLaZn
  • PSN:I_live_4_fun
I think I've finally broken out of my Destiny streak and started playing more of other games, hehe. Let's see...

On Tuesday or thereabouts I started playing Ys: Memories of Celceta on the Vita while waiting to get my hands on Far Cry 4. Ys has surprisingly turned out to be the exact type of JRPG I've wanted to get back into for a while with it's real-time action battles, mashy gameplay (easy to grind or simply skip through/run away from enemies :D) and having a good fast travel system. Meanwhile it still maintains the traditional Quest boards for sidequests and heading back into towns or villages to pick up supplies, upgrades and talk to NPC's about what's happening in the world around them. I'm liking how the story is being told slowly too based on the premise that the main character has lost his memories.

Far Cry 4 has been okay. I was expecting more of Far Cry 3 than anything and that's basically what I got for the open world and what I've played of the story so far. Not that it's a bad thing because the gameplay is still just as solid :). I think I'll try to dedicate more time to just getting through the story though and hopefully get more skills and open world activities to do in co-op or later on.

And in between those games, I've been playing Left 4 Dead 2 with the Walrusking :D. I actually didn't think much of this game when I started playing because it just seemed like a zombie shootfest but I've started to enjoy it a lot more when using melee weapons to whack things, hehe. Meanwhile, His Majesty can snipe and shoot zombies without a horde coming at us every time. I think we've finished most of the main campaigns with just a few to redo for some achievements :).

Apart from that, I've been slowly getting back into the TLoU Remastered single player and will hopefully plat that one day. And Destiny, of course ;), but I have/can get all of my characters to level 30 now and have all the gear I need so I haven't wanted to grind and raid as much. That'll probably (hopefully?) change when the first DLC hits though ;).

Posted Image

"Yohohohohohoho!!!!!"

#598 Axe99 Posted Today, 07:41 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,307 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Nice one Live B).    I'll keep that Ys: Memories of Celceta in mind for the Vita, sounds good :).  Good luck platting TLoU, from what Jyks was saying, those higher difficulty levels are brutal!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users