I_live_4_fun

Cole McGrath, just electric

• 1,910 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
  • Clan:BLaZn
  • PSN:I_live_4_fun

View PostGasClown, on 23 November 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

Just okay?

I'll have to play some more of the campaign to get a better impression but there are some good improvements to the AI and it looks great. It probably wasn't a good idea to start Ys just before that ;).

Posted Image

"Yohohohohohoho!!!!!"

#602 WalrusKing Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:55 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,969 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
Well I just finished the first boss,
The hell just happened :blink:
I knew they were a bad point of the game and a big one at that so I was expecting disappointment and annoyance and not being able to continue with my playstyle but still I wasn't prepared for just how different, after failing several times I managed to flail my way through it with Frags and Barrels.

I guess its something you have to experience for yourself, I've got no clue how something in a game that has a pretty wide range of choices, in combat, extra missions, traversal, conversation and upgrades manages to take it all away for something as big as boss battles. The game does have enough combat difference to be worth another playthrough but not sure if worth $5 just to experience "fixed" boss battles. Think I'll youtube the new battles after Im done.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#603 Axe99 Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:20 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,328 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Oh aye Spec - it goes from a wonderful DX game to a fairly standard shooter boss in seconds!  The DLC's boss is much better (is that what you're referring to?) and the DLC worth it if you enjoy the base game, but the bosses in the base game are 'orrible.  For me, it was well worth playing through to enjoy the base game, but they were definitely the low points.
Posted Image

#604 WalrusKing Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,969 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
I'm referring to the directors cut, I've already played through the missing link.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#605 GraphicX Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:11 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,979 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
lords of the fallen was like that for 2 of the bosses.  one boss you had to tank it, heaviest armor & shield & the final boss you had to resort to your spells.  not positive at all.

#606 straussy240 Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:18 PM

straussy240

Scholar Visari just keeps on keeping on

• 2,107 posts
  • LocationSyd
  • Clan:FC#K
  • PSN:straussy240
  • Steam:straussy270
About 10 hours into Far Cry 3 and so far I am enjoying it. The combat and story are good, but I can see myself getting bored soonish so I might hurry and focus on story missions for the time being instead of trying to unlock all the fast travel points &  radio stations on the island

#607 GraphicX Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:32 PM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 3,979 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
been hammering shadow of mordor which has really grown on me.

killed some really big guys, graugs or something i think they're called including the biggest one of legend or something.

axe spoiler, don't read if you don't want a sneaky thing;
Spoiler

i think the game's grown on me as the character is pretty much what i usually try to build in rpg games anyway.  you can't customise your ranger, but he's already an agile sword fighter with no sheild, that dodges rather than tanks damage etc.  also as i've leveled up some of the moves really tie in with what i'd play in games like dark souls (no it's not a comparison between the 2 games, just that the characters movement etc mirrors that of my ds2 character a lot).

i'm still finding it a little repetitive, but the combat has improved a lot so the whole game has improved.  i'm still pretty frustrated with buttons having multiple uses as really often you press a button to perform an action & it'll have up to 3 or 4 actions it can do & it'll use the wrong one !!!  also annoying when a move requires 4 button presses simultaneously, i can manage holding 2 at a time, but remembering every combo is hopeless.  castelvania was similar but the way it staggered out the release of moves etc was pretty intuitive & made it easy to learn, SoM has just made a mess of it imo leading me to mash the game pad at different times to see what happens lol (reminds me of playing mortal kombat on the megadrive in some ways haha).

#608 Axe99 Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:56 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,328 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Glad you're enjoying it more Graph, and nice work on taking down those Graugs, they're monstrous!  I've come close, but haven't succeeded yet.  Hope it keeps growing on ya for the rest of the game :).

Other than Shadow of Mordor, taking a break from Dragon's Crown (it's good, but after about six hours of 2D hack'n'slash I'd had my fill for at least a while).  Checked out Muramasa Rebirth, but turns out that's another 2D hack'n'slash (less RPG, faster-paced) by the same dev (Vanillaware), lol - so probably won't get too far into that, but it looks good for fans of the genre :).
Posted Image

#609 GasClown Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:16 AM

GasClown

What is below, remains below. That is the law.

• 5,175 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown
Got to the Hinterlands yesterday - looks like there's a shitload of things to do there. Looking forward to playing more tonight.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users