GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,019 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
just a different phase you're going through gc.  i have done the same thing, when we had my first bubs is about when CoD4 came out & i was playing tons as a result, then as the kids have gotten older (& more numerous lol) you change direction & focus on other (often more important) things.

#642 GasClown Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:14 AM

GasClown

What is below, remains below. That is the law.

• 5,285 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown

View PostGraphicX, on 09 December 2014 - 05:59 AM, said:

you change direction & focus on other (often more important) things.

Well that in reality is it. Kinda sucks, although I reckon once some top shelf games start to come out (not that DA: Inquisition isn't) I will make time for it. Working over Christmas btw... got enough there to do so which is a little unusual. Hopefully that fills the blanks over the usual quiet January as well.
Posted Image

#643 Axe99 Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:44 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,426 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99

View PostGraphicX, on 09 December 2014 - 05:59 AM, said:

on other (often more important) things.

Pfffft....children, schmildren ;).  JJ of course, deffo agree :).
Posted Image

#644 WalrusKing Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:30 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 2,049 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
I finished The Bureau: XCOM Declassified(PC) yesterday played on rookie as I wasnt looking for anything taxing. Took just under 12hours and went fine, didn't look too bad either since I had everything on low, only performance issues that I notices was freezing when the autosave kicked in(My PC hates autosave in games it seems) and freezing during the load-out menus on the last missions so no glitches or crashes just problems caused by my old PC.

I can see the comparisons to Mass Effects gameplay, which I didn't mind I enjoyed the extra control over your team in the field that The Bureau gives you. I think they are a lot less useful then the ones in Mass Effect, they didn't really do much other than draw fire and pick up a few kills here and there and half the time would stay were I put them when there was no reason to move, I also wouldn't have minded if they could use their abilities by themselves. I hate to think ow much of a burden they might be on the harder difficulties.

I liked the little change up at the end and how it explained a game mechanic through it. I wasn't expecting any choices to make much of a difference through the game but they gave you a couple at the end that affected a few things and even let you end the game prematurely.

I had a short time with Run Sackboy! Run!(iOS) its an endless runner so not really my thing, only played it enough to get the stickers for the LittleBigPlanet costumes.

I've moved onto Love Live! School Idol Project(iOS) for my main mobile game now. I've been watching the show over at crunchyroll and was looking for something different and figured why not give a rhythm game a go since its suited to touch.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#645 Axe99 Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:14 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,426 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Nice one Spec, get those digits jiving B).  Been playing more DriveClub and Velocity 2X here - both surprisingly good.  DriveClub's weather update is a substantial improvement to an already excellent base game (albeit still with intermittent network troubles), the the challenges are a great form of asynchronous multiplayer (my favourite type at the moment, being the antisocial grumpy old sod I am ;)).  Velocity 2X is just a great scrolling shooter, anyone who's been on PS+ for the last few months should have it, and I highly recommend giving it a look to anyone that was, given the base cost :).  Like the higher-level tour races in DriveClub, though, I fear the endgame of Velocity may be a bit beyond my reflexes, but (like DriveClub), it's not really a story-based game, so I'm happy getting the fun that I can from it then retiring it when it gets a bit beyond my non-entirely-elite skills ;).
Posted Image

#646 Axe99 Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:54 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,426 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Reached my natural limit of Velocity 2X (about 80 per cent of the way through, so it's not crazy punishing or anything like that) and enjoyed it a heap, can still happily recommend it to fans of scrolling shooters :).  Continued my PS+-fuelled binge with a quick look at Lone Survivor (scary!) and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (really excellent, surprised it didn't do better, although I think with a better name it could have had a better chance - but it's a top game) - neither are really my cup of tea, but both were impressive and I recommend them to fans of survival-horror or SSBM-style brawlers, respectively :).

Then rolled onto Dust: An Elysian Tale, which is a lot of fun - probably best described as a 2D action-RPG, and not terribly difficult (I'm about half-way through I think - it gives you a completion percentage on the save file - and the toughest bits were at the start) but very enjoyable in a relaxing, kick-back kind of way :).  It's got a great art style as well :D.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#647 GraphicX Posted Yesterday, 12:14 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,019 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
been playing shadowfall dragonfall director's cut & i have to say it's pretty good, much better than the first which was pretty reasonable in itself.

it still isn't in the same league as fallout or wasteland, i think that's mainly because the universe it's set in doesn't interest me as much as those of the other two.  but the turnbased play is very solid & the story is more interesting than the first installment.  actually look forward to flicking it on at night which is positive.

#648 WalrusKing Posted Yesterday, 02:47 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 2,049 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
Now that gaming quiz has been answered I can say I've been playing FreeSpace 2(PC) bought it ages ago on gog. I bought it since I wanted to finish it as I only played some short version that included most of act 1 and I'm just about to reach that point in the full game.  

Still playing Love Live! School Idol Project(iOS) its quite generous with giving out premium currency(Maintenance went over time so they gave out a 1 free gem) while not having any ads in it, so its quite good for a F2P game.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#649 Axe99 Posted Yesterday, 03:29 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,426 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Nice one Spec B).  I got a free cut-down version with a joystick I bought, ages ago now.  Been so long I've completely forgotten, and I wouldn't mind giving it a crack with a DS4, might have to hit up GOG m'self :).  Great to hear Shadowrun: Dragonfall's growing on you Graph, hope it continues too :D.
Posted Image

#650 ati Posted Today, 01:21 AM

ati

Geek it up, Otacon

• 500 posts
  • PSN:atipuss
  • XBL:atipuss
Posted Imagesay hello to my new friend :D
Posted Image

#651 Axe99 Posted Today, 02:30 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,426 posts
  • LocationCanberra
lolol, that's pinky-Christmassy gold B).
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users