The "What are you playing" thread.

• Please log in to reply
712 replies to this topic

#701 GasClown Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:53 PM

GasClown

What is below, remains below. That is the law.

• 5,412 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown
Added to the above - surprised how easily I got back into it... the only thing I've lost is the flow of the story, completely forgotten everything and it's all just mumbo jumbo go here, go there and not making much sense at all.
Posted Image

#702 Axe99 Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:56 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,562 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99

View PostGasClown, on 18 January 2015 - 11:53 PM, said:

Added to the above - surprised how easily I got back into it... the only thing I've lost is the flow of the story, completely forgotten everything and it's all just mumbo jumbo go here, go there and not making much sense at all.

Sounds like you've just done some excellent preparation for reading political press releases ;).  Glad to hear it's going well B).  Just finished off Unity of Command here (quite good, will give it a little write-up in the 'review' thread a bit later today) and trying to think about what to play next.  Plenty of choice, reckon I'll go with Batman: Arkham Origins, but not _quite_ decided.....
Posted Image

#703 GasClown Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:29 AM

GasClown

• 5,412 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostAxe99, on 19 January 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

trying to think about what to play next.

Should play this - looks like something you'd like...

http://www.giantbomb...rous/2300-9854/
Posted Image

#704 Aromaci Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:04 AM

Aromaci

Cole McGrath, just electric

• 1,516 posts
  • Twitter:@CupcakeShogun
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki
I'd forgotten how much I hate the fight at the end of Uncharted 2.

Also noticed in the credits it says special thanks to Bungie... :blink:
Posted Image

#705 GasClown Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:25 AM

GasClown

• 5,412 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostAromaci, on 19 January 2015 - 05:04 AM, said:

I think Bungie helped them with the online stuff from memory.
Posted Image

#706 Aromaci Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:30 AM

Aromaci

• 1,516 posts
that's what I figured. (didn't help)
Posted Image

#707 WalrusKing Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:35 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 2,131 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51

View PostAromaci, on 19 January 2015 - 05:04 AM, said:

I hated that fight as well, couldn't even beat it on easy for some reason even though I managed the rest of the game on crushing, had to use the ledge strategy. Uncharted drops the ball on final boss fights, 3 was my least hated out of the 3 main games it was least annoying to me.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#708 WalrusKing Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:03 PM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 2,131 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
Still Dishonored (PC) been going through the DLC on and off. Went through the 2 stories again with a more stabby approach gave the trials a go but they just did nothing for me I tried each normal one but only finished 2 I just felt no urge to play them whatsoever plus I wasnt too good at them but I felt no incentive to try and get better at them so 2/3 good DLC's in my mind.

Will start my main game stabby playthrough and then I think that will be it for Dishonored.

I think after Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite since I have been told playing it before 2 will have little affect on 2's story, I have cards to get for it and it has a good chance of working unlike 2 which I still have not bothered to test the fix yet.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#709 Axe99 Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:14 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,562 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Nice one Spec B).  Played a bit of Batman: Arkham Origins, but it's actually far more difficult on 'normal' than the other Batman games and, unlike the other Batman games, doesn't let you change the difficulty level after the game has started, so when I hit a road-block five or so hours in, I thought I'd put it down and come back to it on easy in a few months' time, when the start isn't so fresh.  It's a genuinely good game, but sooooo needs to let you change difficulty mid-game (or at least warn you that 'normal' is tougher than Arkham Asylum on hard!)

Rolled onto Splinter Cell: Blacklist, which is very good indeed :).  Also playing a little Anomaly 2, which is also very good :).  Both let you change difficulty mid-game as well :D.
Posted Image

#710 SmokeyPSD Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:42 AM

SmokeyPSD

Talkin' back like Daxter

• 285 posts
  • Twitter:SmokeyPSD
  • LocationCanberra, Aus
  • PSN:smokeypsd
  • Steam:smokeypsd
Been seriously enjoying Destiny. I like that your pretty free to do your own thing, team up or whatever and it has a nice pace with all the mini breaks between missions.
Makes me think of the emergent story in Titanfall but more refined and scripted in an online environment. Ended up getting it after spending some time with the trial which actually gave me an idea if it was for me or not. Up until then I wasn't sure.

Bought Styx master of shadows cheap off psn too. Had an eye on it for the PC but I figured price can just rule what platform it lands on. So far it's great. Like an old skool hitman game (unlike Absolution) but in a fantasy setting. Unforgiving stealth which is rare in a game right now. You can even do the whole throw a body in a chest exactly like hitman.
Posted Image

#711 Aromaci Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:52 AM

Aromaci

• 1,516 posts
I'd forgotten how pretty Uncharted 3 is and how damn good it is.
Posted Image

#712 GasClown Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:06 AM

GasClown

• 5,412 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostAromaci, on 23 January 2015 - 05:52 AM, said:

I'd forgotten how pretty Uncharted 3 is and how damn good it is.

Sounds like a great idea mate - gonna fire it up myself. :)
Posted Image

#713 Axe99 Posted Yesterday, 07:23 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,562 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Cheers for the heads-up on Styx, Smokey :).  Saw a trailer for that and it caught my eye, but hadn't got around to giving it a look.

Gave Max Payne 3 a bit of a look over the weekend, but never really got into it.  Quite enjoyed the first, and skipped the second, but the gameplay in the third never grabbed me.  I'm a bit fan of TPS games, but the gameplay in Max never really grabbed me.  Story was interesting, but at least in the first two chapters felt like it was trying a bit hard, but I was feeling a bit tired and crabby, so maybe I was just in a grumpy old fella mood ;).

Gave EU4 another quick run through, which is almost over, but the main reason I'm posting here is that I'm excited, because next up on the gaming list is Dragon Age: Inquisition, which is either today or tomorrow, and I'm pumped for it :D.  And I thought it'd be a bit silly to start a ' Games I'm about to start playing'  thread :cheesygrin:.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users