837 replies to this topic

#821 Dragonmyballs Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:45 AM

Dragonmyballs

Nicest Guy Around!

• 327 posts
  • LocationHere
  • Clan:FC#K
  • PSN:Have a guess
Bloodborn is there another game worth playing? I sure as hell don't think so.
Posted Image

#822 GraphicX Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:54 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,274 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
witcher 2, argh, great game, have now been getting plagued by crashes only when trying to look at save game files to load one or even if i tried to delete one.

fortunately it's a known bug, i was going to abandon the game but googled it & it's on CDP's website about the save game files issue.  i had waaaay over 100 save game files & the game seems to cache the whole fücking lot upon load !!!  had to hunt around in numbered folders to bomb all the old files, now the game load instantly again when it was taking about 40 seconds at the first screen previously !!!

known bug - why not fücking fix it !

#823 Axe99 Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:41 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,905 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Glad you got it sorted :).  I remember having a squillion saves (well over 100 as well, I think I topped out at 350 odd, twitchy quicksaver that I can be :unsure:) and it deffo took a while for them to load up the list when loading in, but never had any crashes - although I did have some odd display issues early on trying to get the game to work.  Fingers crossed that's the last bug and you can get back to some Witchery arse-kicking goodness B).

Just finished off Infamous First Light m'self, and it's a great little 'bit sized' game - came in at under five hours, although there's decent replay value in the challenges, I just don't feel like too much medium-paced stuff at the moment or would have played more of it.  Deffo recommend it to anyone with a PS4 and PS+, well worth a play :).
Posted Image

#824 Hasan-I Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:04 PM

Hasan-I

Geek it up, Otacon

• 630 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, VIC.
  • Clan:BTG
  • PSN:Hasan-I
  • Origin:I-Hasan
  • Steam:hasan_i
I didn't have any problems with it, but did have a LOT of saves as well because of the quick save feature. Ended up relocating the bulk of the saves elsewhere because it was annoying me. Still need to finish off the Witcher 2 before 3 comes out. Will have to start fresh though, don't remember a thing.
Posted Image

#825 WalrusKing Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:19 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 2,282 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
DiRT 3(PC) thanks to the steam update. I'm not too annoyed having to go through it all again since no saves transfer across,  I still remember everything so getting through it wont take too long plus since I have finished it before I've got no problem moving on from it if it stops taking my fancy. Monte Carlo tracks feel good, some sections are quite tight, hairpins a nice addition worth going back for.

Haven't started but also have Huniepop(PC) was offered a key for it by a friend(I figure they don't want that type of game on their steam account) a while back but declined it since I was going through other games at the time but figured I take them up on it if they still had it now that my game count had dwindled and while the dating side doesn't do much for me I have read the puzzle side is like bejewelled and that its more puzzle then dating so figured why not its free and the cards go for around 20c.
So it will be a different experience once I get around to it.

I am also playing the waiting game in regards to steam getting the AUD, hopefully before the mid year sale around 2-3 months away so hopefully plenty of time.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#826 GraphicX Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:39 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,274 posts
i'm going to say what everyone else says about DiRT & that's how annoying it is that you have to do gymkhana, hope they make it an option in any future releases.

#827 GasClown Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:56 AM

GasClown

What is below, remains below. That is the law.

• 5,843 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown

View PostGraphicX, on 04 April 2015 - 03:39 AM, said:

i'm going to say what everyone else says about DiRT & that's how annoying it is that you have to do gymkhana, hope they make it an option in any future releases.

I'm hoping it was just a one-off. It fucking sucks.
Posted Image

#828 WalrusKing Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:03 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 2,282 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
Yeah I can do without Gymkhana it just became boring to me after while and felt same old same old. I do quite enjoy mucking around in the playground though for a change of pace so I wouldn't be against that returning just to muck around in.

I hope they continue to add add a few Rally Raid trucks as they have done since CMR2005, I enjoy going through a track in one of those for a change.

Also hope they keep trailblazer and heah2head, I've enjoyed both types across D2/3. RallyX and Landrush I can take or leave.

Main thing I want though is more tracks and more locations, like the old CMR and the WRC games.

I do have my eye on this Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO devs are the former Official WRC game devs so expectations aren't too high

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#829 GraphicX Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:11 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,274 posts
starting to really dig valkyria chronicles (however it's spelt).  the battles are becoming quite difficult so keeping me on my toes.  have lost 2 guys so far i think, not good when you get used to certain characters.

#830 GasClown Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:26 AM

GasClown

• 5,843 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostWalrusKing, on 05 April 2015 - 01:03 AM, said:

I do have my eye on this Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO devs are the former Official WRC game devs so expectations aren't too high

Didn't know about that game - thanks. Fingers crossed it turns out good. We really need a good Rally sim, as much as I do like Dirt they have become a little too arcadey for me and I'd prefer the point to point stuff, even though I agree with you, the Rally Raid Trucks, Trailblazer etc. stuff was enjoyable. It's more the Gymkhana stuff I'm not a fan of.

There's more stuff on their YT channel.

https://www.youtube....xg?spfreload=10
Posted Image

#831 Axe99 Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,905 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Great to hear you're getting into Valkyria Chronicles Graph :).  Just you wait, before you know it, you'll be buying a PS Vita or PSP so you can play the second ;).

Finished (as much as you can be finished - you can keep tweaking pretty much forever, but I was happy with what I'd put together) with my third full city in Cities: Skylines, so giving that a break to play Defense Grid 2, which at least early on is an excellent tower defense game - polished, well-paced, lots of variation, and difficulty settings that range from easy to plenty painful.  As long as it keeps at this level, I can see myself playing a lot of it.  Well worth being on your radar if you've got a hankering for tower defence games.

Also on another War Thunder kick, enjoying it much more that I'm only playing realistic games, and they seem to have increased the research speed a little as well, which is always nice.
Posted Image

#832 GasClown Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:32 AM

GasClown

• 5,843 posts
  • LocationFerelden
Think I'm gonna play some Alien Isolation... *grabs spare pair of undies*.
Posted Image

#833 Aromaci Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:57 AM

Aromaci

Cole McGrath, just electric

• 1,636 posts
  • Twitter:@CupcakeShogun
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki

View PostGasClown, on 07 April 2015 - 07:32 AM, said:

*grabs spare pairs of undies*.

fixed
Posted Image

#834 I_live_4_fun Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:33 AM

I_live_4_fun

Cole McGrath, just electric

• 1,999 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
  • Clan:BLaZn
  • PSN:I_live_4_fun
Started playing the Final Fantasy X HD remaster on Vita and I'm already hooked on the story again :). I've noticed a lot of elements an nuances about the story and character relationships that I hadn't when I was younger. Tidus' face change took a little getting used to too but I've only really noticed it in certain camera angles and scenes where he looks like he's wearing too much red eye liner :P.

I've played a lot of Blitzball already as well (the sport mini-game) but might stop for a while till I can scout for more players for my team later on in the story. Can't believe none of them could learn possibly the best shooter technique in the game yet even though I won it as a tournament prize :(.

Posted Image

"Yohohohohohoho!!!!!"

#835 Axe99 Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:32 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,905 posts
  • LocationCanberra

View PostI_live_4_fun, on 09 April 2015 - 04:33 AM, said:

I've played a lot of Blitzball already as well (the sport mini-game) but might stop for a while till I can scout for more players for my team later on in the story. Can't believe none of them could learn possibly the best shooter technique in the game yet even though I won it as a tournament prize :(.

Final Fantasy X and Blitzball are great fun :).  I spent plenty of time Blitzballing back in the day :D.  I suspect you'll have a pretty strong team put together by the time the game is done ;).

Just reading that reminded me of how good the older (well, not that old, but old-ish) Final Fantasy games were, happy memories :).  Will have to give it another run m'self at some point.

Had a rare weekend when I finished both my 'slow paced' and 'medium paced' games at the same time, so started both Expeditions: Conquistador and Apotheon yesterday.  If you've got a PS4 and PS+ (and downloaded Apotheon), then I highly, highly recommend giving it a look.  I've only played 40-odd minutes so far, but it's got a great 'feel' to it, the controls, mechanics and rhythm of the game come together really well.  Extra bonus if you like the style of art in Ancient Greece ;).

Cheers to Graph for putting me onto Expeditions: Conquistador - it's a bit rough around the edges (mainly the UI and camera control has a couple of quirks, and it's not always easy to see where you can move on the tactical map because of the scenery, but it's not bad by any stretch and very much playable), but the core gameplay is great fun :).  'Tis a turn-based strategy RPG set during the Spanish exploration/conquest of Central America, and looks to have a decent amount of tactical depth in terms of character development and how fights play out.  Looking forward to plenty more hours of enjoyment :D.
Posted Image

#836 GraphicX Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:56 PM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,274 posts
stick with expeditions, it could use a ton of refinement, but for me all the key elements were there (good story, exploration & combat).

i'm stuck on another level of valkeyria chronicles, i think i have 2 battles left & this one just seems too hard for me, think i'll be leveling up in skirmish mode for a bit before i have a half chance of passing it.

#837 ati Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:05 AM

ati

Geek it up, Otacon

• 523 posts
  • PSN:atipuss
  • XBL:atipuss
jaming Neverwinter...my first mmo (Destinys doesn't count lol ) getting practice for TESO :)
Posted Image

#838 WalrusKing Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:24 PM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 2,282 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
Have Alan Wake's American Nightmare (PC) thanks to a surprise gift from Graph :). I have played with the idea of getting it and the main game before but never came to fruition just one of those games I um and er over each time and end up not getting for what ever reason, was kinda iffy on how the torch/battery, gun gameplay would play out for some reason.
Since this is a combat focused bit of it should help decide on that and whether I'd be up for going through and grabbing the full game at some stage.

Only managed to play a tiny bit so far enough to get a little taste of the gameplay but seems fine from the little tutorial bit so will have to get into it a bit more to get a good idea on it.

Also bought my first game in 8 months today(Last game was iOS aswell) Leo's Fortune(iOS) also on Android had my eye on it for a bit but having still a few free apps I wanted to give a go held off on it but its on 80% off on its anniversary and wasn't going to pass it up that cheap.

Leo's Fortune Story Trailer

Only played a small bit of it, has basic controls forwards/backwards and inflate/dive nice and simple and from what I played responsive so hits both those marks well. I can see that at the very least it will provide a challenge going through the levels with no deaths or trying to be the set dev time but expect that levels will become a bit challenging to just complete a first time as I progress.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users