• 2,313 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
What event is it?

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#862 GraphicX Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:14 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,325 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
it's in one of the last pyramids, a beat the time one where you start off with a doughnut, then spin, then i think a drift, smash, smash, drift, doughnut, spin.  i honestly hate doing them.

#863 WalrusKing Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:39 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 2,313 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
Yeah a few of those DC Challenges were tough, I suck at donuts in the DC challenges and had to turn the trick help on which is odd since I don't have trouble doing any trick with it off in the actual gymkhana events.

Gymkhana Sprint 02 and 03 were the two Sprints that gave me trouble the other two were fine. 02 was just annoying all of it, 03 was make or break for me in the donut after the air nailing that in one rotation was the key for that one.
Do you have tricksteer on, I never had trouble with donuts in the events but a few in the challenges gave me all sorts of trouble to do. Do you tweak the car any? I dropped the height, shortened the gear ratio and moved the brake and differential to a rear bias.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#864 GraphicX Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:41 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,325 posts
i fiddle car settings for races, for gymkhana i just gold it & try & forget it.  it honestly shouldn't even be in the game, maybe just a side line you could elect to do but it's even in the championships for specific rally disciplines.  just annoying.

#865 GraphicX Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:46 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,325 posts
finally finished dirt 3 & weeded out a few achievements that were close/in reach, will do a review later.

have just hit dirt rally again, only played it literally 20 minutes before & have now done 2 championship runs (i think there's 3 bits in the championship but).

loving what is there, purchased my first car which was a mini cooper s.  took it for a couple of 'shakedowns' & it's pretty well like dirt 3.  if you want it to turn in more tighten the diff, if you want the brakes to actually work balance them 50/50, if you want to go fast & not shat yourself going too fast then shorten the gear ratios.  doing the above chucked me 30 odd seconds quicker than everyone on my friends list on my first runs, even with finishing missing a tyre at one point lol.  i think in the 2nd bit the closest on my friends list to me is gc who's about 5 seconds out but having wheel feedback issues (?).  dunno if they've patched it but the wheel with the cooper is really nice & heavy, so maybe they've looked into it.

before switching off i hired an engineer, cost 22,000 credits & i think he's good for 32 stages so you don't keep them.  also didn't realise where you could repair the car til the second part of the championship but only had enough time to repair 'wheel's which were at 92% anyway with everyone else above.

one thing i'm loving is i can't beat the computer yet.  i've beaten him in some stages, but never overall.  it's really satisfying actually getting a win even for a stage as a result unlike the grind in D3 where you just win everything.  i think i placed 4th in the first championship & maybe between 2nd & 4th on the next one, can't remember.

funny thing.  read about you guys looking at drivers here somewhere (think it was axe as it spazzed his game out) & thought i'd check mine.  they'd last been updated october last year lol so i got geforce experience to check & all it would do is loop.  so i manually downloaded the drivers & updated gf experience & it had all this extra crap, on top of that it optimised the settings on my games so the last couple hours of d3 i had a really shiny looking car, smooth as butter frame rate & absolutely no screen tearing, that's great considering i'd already spent like 20 hours on it rofl.

going to hammer dirty rally now until witcher 3 steam keys are reasonably priced or i jump to something else randomly.  also thinking about taking my race chair frame out to the shed & adjusting the height of the shifter & maybe setting up a proper handbrake.  dunno, will see how i go.

#866 GasClown Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:27 PM

GasClown

What is below, remains below. That is the law.

• 5,951 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown

View PostGraphicX, on 22 May 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

i think in the 2nd bit the closest on my friends list to me is gc who's about 5 seconds out but having wheel feedback issues (?).  dunno if they've patched it but the wheel with the cooper is really nice & heavy, so maybe they've looked into it.

Yes - wait until the FFB is fixed (for my wheel) and I'll come give you a shakedown myself. As I said, there were a few wheels that were supported off the bat so the G27 could very well have better FFB than mine as it was one of the supported ones.

The last patch (v03.3) only fixed the Error 41 bug (which I never ran into)... here's what's on the horizon (copy/pasted).

Coming up next we’re continuing to work on bug fixes, FFB, Pikes Peak and more.

So hopefully the next patch it'll be fixed and I'll return to give you a battering. haha.
Posted Image

#867 Axe99 Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:14 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,959 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99

View PostGraphicX, on 22 May 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

one thing i'm loving is i can't beat the computer yet.  i've beaten him in some stages, but never overall.  it's really satisfying actually getting a win even for a stage as a result unlike the grind in D3 where you just win everything.  i think i placed 4th in the first championship & maybe between 2nd & 4th on the next one, can't remember.

funny thing.  read about you guys looking at drivers here somewhere (think it was axe as it spazzed his game out) & thought i'd check mine.  they'd last been updated october last year lol so i got geforce experience to check & all it would do is loop.  so i manually downloaded the drivers & updated gf experience & it had all this extra crap, on top of that it optimised the settings on my games so the last couple hours of d3 i had a really shiny looking car, smooth as butter frame rate & absolutely no screen tearing, that's great considering i'd already spent like 20 hours on it rofl.

A good AI challenge is the best thing in any game, imo (well, at least one which has an AI :)), great to hear Graph :).  Also, that Geforce experience is great.  It doesn't support most of the games I play (but then you hardly need to get too worried about optimising strategy titles, they're not so fps-dependent) but when I have used it, it's been very handy (although it doesn't know the 'lower res for small UI if you're playing from a couch' trick, so I don't use it all the time).

Still hammering Gal Civ 3 here, with smatterings of The Wolf Among Us.  A great couple of games, will do a review of both when I've played a bit more of 'em.
Posted Image

#868 GraphicX Posted Yesterday, 06:40 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,325 posts
dirt rally - pretty much figured the game out now, consistently winning & stuff.  it's really difficult/unforgiving which is sucking me in, but in all honesty the physics are bad.  it just feels like you're not really driving along a road, perhaps more 'planing' along it like a boat would across water, due to this everything else just feels wrong also.  early days of the game but see if they do anything with it or not.

#869 GasClown Posted Yesterday, 07:52 AM

GasClown

• 5,951 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostGraphicX, on 24 May 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

dirt rally - pretty much figured the game out now, consistently winning & stuff.  it's really difficult/unforgiving which is sucking me in, but in all honesty the physics are bad.  it just feels like you're not really driving along a road, perhaps more 'planing' along it like a boat would across water, due to this everything else just feels wrong also.  early days of the game but see if they do anything with it or not.

It's probably more the FFB - the physics seem to be intact, it's just not translating what's happening on screen to the wheel.
Posted Image

#870 GraphicX Posted Yesterday, 08:01 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,325 posts
it kinda reminds me of shift 2, there just doesn't seem to be that actual connection to the road, also the instant on of motion blur/speed the second you hit 100kph is annoying & it only becomes more pronounced as you progress.  i know it's not the be all & end all racing sim but in gt5 you really did feel as though you had wheels rotating on a surface giving you speed, not just some type of floating carriage.

the ffb also feels fine, it's really heavy now i've set the car up to turn in a lot, guessing it's as you said that the g25s & 27s are what's supported atm with that bit.

#871 GasClown Posted Yesterday, 08:32 AM

GasClown

• 5,951 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostGraphicX, on 24 May 2015 - 08:01 AM, said:

it kinda reminds me of shift 2, there just doesn't seem to be that actual connection to the road, also the instant on of motion blur/speed the second you hit 100kph is annoying & it only becomes more pronounced as you progress.  i know it's not the be all & end all racing sim but in gt5 you really did feel as though you had wheels rotating on a surface giving you speed, not just some type of floating carriage.

the ffb also feels fine, it's really heavy now i've set the car up to turn in a lot, guessing it's as you said that the g25s & 27s are what's supported atm with that bit.

Well that's what everyone (including me) was whinging about from the start... I just couldn't be bothered playing it until it's fixed. Feels like you're driving on nothing as there's no FFB. The hands are animating on the wheel but you're not getting that same feedback on the wheel.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users