#941 nScAtmAn- Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:00 AM

nScAtmAn-

Rico, all attitude, working on the brains

• 40 posts
  • Locationmelbzz
  • Clan:Downfall
  • PSN:nScAtmAn-

View PostGraphicX, on 01 September 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

ok, so here's where i've been at with gaming (all thoughts imo) ...

https://www.playfire.com/GraphicX

so i had a stint at a couple of PS+ rpgs.  one was LoTRs war in the north which i played through twice (i RARELY replay a game's campaign unless i really enjoy it) & then kingdoms of amalur.  both games i thought were fantastic, really had me going back again & again with solid story lines & smooth, enjoyable game play.

i then tried out 'i am alive' which was on sale on ps store & couldn't get into it.  i think i tried it out twice & it just didn't grab me so has been uninstalled.  reckon i got most of the way through it but it just wasn't good.

i then jumped into xcom: enemy unknown & was loving it.  haven't really played any turn based stuff since fallout 2 or civ V so it was a great change.  powered through it & was left wanting right at the end of the game at the final boss fight.  was literally a 2 hit, single round kill with a sniper.

then went to god of war HD which is yet another PS+ title.  i played it twice & hit delete.

next game last of us.  freaking great game, thought it was pretty average at the start (just wasn't enough looting etc going on), but the game warmed up after about 2 hours play & i couldn't put it down.  after the campaign i moved onto the multi which was solid, but unfortunately ruined by continually poor & unpredictable connection.

enter yet another PS+ title of spec ops the line.  i went in expecting something similar to socom or even army of two but was totally surprised.  turned out to be a terrific game with a VERY unique storyline, something a little twighlight zone in fact.

then went to hitman absolution (yes another ps+ game, just about all of them are haha).  i played it on 3 separate occasions but couldn't get into it so hit delete.

next came payday the heist.  how the fück this game is anything more than a free tablet game download full of ads & in game purchases is beyond me.  DELETED !

then got pretty excited at the prospect of LoTR guardians of middle earth.  then became super disappointed to find it was online only & nobody plays it lol.

ok almost done.

then there was mafia II.  freaking fantastic game.  had tons of scope to be a fairly boring sandbox game with too little stuff to do & a loose storyline, but it absolutely delivered.  great game.

ended up going to just cause 2 next which was in a ps store sale.  had high hopes of it as a mate on pc was raving about it & had discovered & done everything in the game.  i sat & played it probably 4 times trying to get into it & found it poor.  it felt a lot like farcry 2, REALLY repetitive, shocking & meaningless storyline & just totally mindless.

now i'm playing tomb raider, reckon i'm maybe 60% through the campaign.  had really high hopes of it as people have likened it to uncharted etc but it turns out it's a game that truly stands on its own to feet (& is a total credit to square enix !).  comparing this game to uncharted is like comparing uncharted to indiana jones or romancing the stone/jewel of the nile.  they're just adventure games with similar themes, but the game play, story telling etc is unique.  so far loving this game, lara gets pretty smashed in it though haha.

hoping to knock tomb raider over during the week, next will come assassins creed 3 or skyrim, which i've never played either of.
play lotr conquest it is like star wars battlefront 2 lotr version but slightly worse xD still fun though.

#942 GraphicX Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:17 AM

GraphicX

Beyond Groovy

• 4,464 posts
  • YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalVertex
  • LocationSouth Australia
  • Clan:Final Vertex
  • PSN:GraphicX
  • Steam:SerenityBlaze
well that quote is almost 2 years old to the day :S

#943 Aromaci Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:42 AM

Aromaci

Cole McGrath, just electric

• 1,708 posts
  • Twitter:@CupcakeShogun
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki
I finally did it. Finished Witcher 3. Only took about 140-ish hours. There's a NG+ pack coming soon so that'll be nice.
Posted Image

#944 GasClown Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:53 AM

GasClown

What is below, remains below. That is the law.

• 6,171 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown

View PostAromaci, on 28 July 2015 - 05:42 AM, said:

I finally did it. Finished Witcher 3. Only took about 140-ish hours. There's a NG+ pack coming soon so that'll be nice.

So how was it? 10/10?
Posted Image

#945 Aromaci Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:30 AM

Aromaci

Cole McGrath, just electric

• 1,708 posts
  • Twitter:@CupcakeShogun
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki

View PostGasClown, on 28 July 2015 - 05:53 AM, said:

So how was it? 10/10?

Yeah, pretty much. The only thing I have against it is that people who are not very familiar with the Witcher universe are gonna have a hard time following the story at certain points.
Posted Image

#946 Axe99 Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:52 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 9,142 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Great gaming Aro :).  Looking forward to giving it a good thrashing m'self at some stage in the not-too-distant future :).
Posted Image

#947 I_live_4_fun Posted Yesterday, 01:55 AM

I_live_4_fun

Scholar Visari just keeps on keeping on

• 2,032 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
  • Clan:BLaZn
  • PSN:I_live_4_fun
I bought Zoo Tycoon 2 a few days ago out of nostalgia (and just to spend some money, lol) and have been enjoying playing that the last couple of days. I am liking the way it looks and controls so far, but have started to realise that I may not have been managing my budgets properly since I used up $50k for just three animal exhibits, haha. It seems a bit more streamlined than the first game in regards to maintaining animal happiness levels.

As for more recently released games, I have still been dabbling in ESO here and there while slowly getting back into Tlou Mp again. Rocket League has still been great too, both in online and private matches. It's going to feel like a bit if a shock again getting back inti Cod Mp later this year :D.

Posted Image

"Yohohohohohoho!!!!!"

#948 GasClown Posted Yesterday, 02:01 AM

GasClown

What is below, remains below. That is the law.

• 6,171 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown

View PostI_live_4_fun, on 29 July 2015 - 01:55 AM, said:

I bought Zoo Tycoon 2 a few days ago out of nostalgia (and just to spend some money, lol)

Sounds like me and Roller Coaster Tycoon - played it for about 30mins and that's it though.
Posted Image

#949 SmokeyPSD Posted Yesterday, 01:47 PM

SmokeyPSD

Say it like Sackboy

• 354 posts
  • Twitter:SmokeyPSD
  • LocationCanberra, Aus
  • PSN:smokeypsd
  • Steam:smokeypsd
Aaahahaha, I reached a climactic, intense part of Witcher 3, thought it might be nearing the end.

Nup.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users