Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,891 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Hmmmm.....Just had a thought, it's possible (indeed, from memory, the default) that people can let people see their 'friends of friends' - I remember once I noticed someone became friends with someone on my FL, then spammed me and a bunch of other mutual friends and friends invite.  Maybe that?  It's definitely preferable than the Doc's theory!
Posted Image

#1802 Jykel Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:18 AM

Jykel

Ignorant & Blissful

• 2,216 posts
  • LocationSomewhere near Axe ;)
  • Clan:WpR
  • PSN:Jykel
  • Origin:Jykel
  • XBL:Jykel
  • Steam:jykel1
@GC, I seem to get quite a few random FRs and tend to check the players recently met and they don't appear in there.  I get a few that at least put Me3 co-op or something similar in the request which has to come from here, so maybe its GG forum lurker ;)

Posted Image

#1803 GasClown Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:24 AM

GasClown

I didn't say end your life, I said enjoy life!

• 4,769 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown
Good call Axe - that would probably be it (my sanity has normalised........ a little bit :P). I still like to know who they are though... hence why I ask if anyone knows who it is. It's just darn right odd that I get one when I haven't been playing online otherwise I wouldn't bother even asking. In fact I think the only game I've played online (on the PS4 since I had it) was War Thunder - for like 10 f'n mins after I downloaded it. That was donkeys ago though.

Posted Image

#1804 Aromaci Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:37 AM

Aromaci

Thomas Sevchenko, a real trooper

• 1,353 posts
  • Twitter:@CupcakeShogun
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki
"Australians answer Americans dumb questions"

http://www.buzzfeed....-dumb-questions

Got a few chuckles.
Posted Image

#1805 GasClown Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:51 AM

GasClown

• 4,769 posts
  • LocationFerelden
Yeah baby!! Weekend!!

https://www.youtube....h?v=RJdsHIrLJcM

Gonna buy myself a Wacom Pro.

Posted Image

#1806 Axe99 Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,891 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Hahaha, nice one Aro :).

View PostGasClown, on 15 August 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

Yeah baby!! Weekend!!

https://www.youtube....h?v=RJdsHIrLJcM

You bet, weekend = awesome :).  Had to Google Wacom Pro, looks very slick, enjoy B).
Posted Image

#1807 GasClown Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:24 AM

GasClown

• 4,769 posts
  • LocationFerelden
Still coming to grips with it - keep repositioning it like a mouse, don't have to - as it's absolute. So you just move your pen directly to the part of the tablet you want to be on the screen - if that makes any sense. In other words, mouse is relative, tablet is absolute. Will no doubt take a bit of getting used to so I'll need to be patient and lose the old habits of the mouse world.

Think I'll mix it up initially so it doesn't slow up my pace in working hours until I'm fully confident with it.

Posted Image

#1808 OWTLAW274 Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:33 AM

OWTLAW274

Crashin' through like a bandicoot

• 136 posts
  • Twitter:@FallingPotato
  • LocationLand of Do as You Please
  • Clan:GaS
  • PSN:OWTLAW274
  • Steam:FallingPotato

View PostGasClown, on 15 August 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

Im running an afternoon programme that helps poor kids explore creativity through technology. We just ordered our Wacom Pro the other day. I think im more excited about it then the kids lol
Posted Image

#1809 GasClown Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:08 AM

GasClown

• 4,769 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostOWTLAW274, on 16 August 2014 - 04:33 AM, said:

Im running an afternoon programme that helps poor kids explore creativity through technology. We just ordered our Wacom Pro the other day. I think im more excited about it then the kids loll

Was just playing around with it in PS - literally so much more you can do with a tablet. Pressure sensitivity for thickness and opacity, angle and all sorts of stuff. Can't believe what I've been missing out on. Still need to try it out in Illustrator as well. But as said above - for day to day work stuff, for the moment I'll stick with what I'm used to (the mouse) and gradually move over to 100% using the Intuos once I'm fully familiar with it. Don't think it'll take that long - I'm already getting the hang of it.

Posted Image

#1810 Axe99 Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,891 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Sounds tops :).  I like how technology went from pen/paper to mouse, and is moving back to a pen again, sometimes analogue beats digital :).
Posted Image

#1811 GasClown Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

GasClown

• 4,769 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostAxe99, on 16 August 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

Sounds tops :).  I like how technology went from pen/paper to mouse, and is moving back to a pen again, sometimes analogue beats digital :).

Wacom have been around for years but it's not an 'absolute' must - meaning, I can get away without using a tablet (I've gotten by for 20 years). The main reason why I bought it is because I want to get into digital painting as a hobby but at the same time still apply it to my every day work as well (mainly using it for retouching and illustrating). But yeah - I'm definitely having nerdgasms over the tech. haha. You can also do finger gestures (like 3,4 and 5 finger swipes) and all that jazz as well. Not sure if the middle finger swipe shuts the tablet down though. haha.

Posted Image

#1812 Hasan-I Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

Hasan-I

Geek it up, Otacon

• 521 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, VIC.
  • Clan:BTG
  • PSN:Hasan-I
  • Origin:I-Hasan
  • Steam:hasan_i
I am actually surprised that you haven't been using a wacom tablet Gasclown. I thought they were industry standard? Or maybe not so much in Graphic Design?
Posted Image

#1813 GasClown Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

GasClown

• 4,769 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostHasan-I, on 16 August 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

I am actually surprised that you haven't been using a wacom tablet Gasclown. I thought they were industry standard? Or maybe not so much in Graphic Design?

Yes and no mate - for things like web design, you definitely don't need one, same with magazine design, ad design, packaging etc - they really don't add anything to doing that stuff. The main programs I use for those are InDesign and Illustrator... Photoshop is kind of a secondary tool to me (except for web design) - that doesn't mean I use it a lot though but I'm not painting in it, that's where a tablet really shines because you get that additional control. So with that additional control I can probably apply it to masking, photo retouching and some illustrations to achieve a more free flowing / natural look. I can achieve that already but it will be just a lot quicker with particular things. As said above, I've gotten by for 20 years without one and I could probably go another 20 years without using one as well - but at the same time it's great, it makes PS a completely different beast. Have gone back to the mouse again for now in preparation for tomorrows onslaught as I doubt I'd be as efficient with it as I am a mouse.

Posted Image

#1814 GasClown Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:47 PM

GasClown

• 4,769 posts
  • LocationFerelden
That's cool - might have to get it...

https://ebgames.com....rs-Edition-Loot

Posted Image

#1815 Axe99 Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:50 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,891 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Haha, a perfect gift for a Nintendo fan B).
Posted Image

#1816 GasClown Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

GasClown

• 4,769 posts
  • LocationFerelden
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users