#2041 SmokeyPSD Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:20 PM

SmokeyPSD

Say it like Sackboy

• 329 posts
  • Twitter:SmokeyPSD
  • LocationCanberra, Aus
  • PSN:smokeypsd
  • Steam:smokeypsd
I'm not even much of a cricket follower and even I got sad when I heard Richie Benaud passed. Grew up with him through my Dad following it :(
Posted Image

#2042 GasClown Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:10 AM

GasClown

What is below, remains below. That is the law.

• 5,939 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown
http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p02nvd6y
Posted Image

#2043 Saintsy Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:01 AM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,279 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen
  • Clan:FC#K
  • PSN:Saints221
To Zee people in melbourne.. Best place to buy Afl/Bomber stuff in the city?
Posted Image

#2044 Axe99 Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:04 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,958 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Been a very long time since I bought stuff in the city, but from memory there were a bunch of places that sold footy stuff.  I have a vague memory of a place on Bourke St that was good, but we're talking a two-plus decade memory, so may be best to check a more up-to-date directory!  Drags?
Posted Image

#2045 Saintsy Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:38 AM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,279 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen
Yeah found a few places that might have stuff.. Just after a bombers jacket really haha, WA afl stores are terrible at stocking anything but Eagles/Freo and i hate buying online. Mother is flying over there for work so looking for places near her hotel so she can grab me a bunch of stuff lol.
Posted Image

#2046 Saintsy Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:53 AM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,279 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen

Posted Image

#2047 Axe99 Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:29 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,958 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Only in Australia? ;).
Posted Image

#2048 GasClown Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:55 AM

GasClown

• 5,939 posts
  • LocationFerelden
haha... yippee g'day mutha fuckers!
Posted Image

#2049 GasClown Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:34 PM

GasClown

• 5,939 posts
  • LocationFerelden
I tend to agree... I know one particular other that will as well...

http://au.ign.com/ar...ps-alien-sequel

Posted Image

#2050 Saintsy Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:55 AM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,279 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen
While hudson pretty much made aliens, having him still alive after all that? Can't be done lol, unless they go all red queen from the resident evil movies and clone him lol.
Need some proper confirmations aswell. First it ignores alien 3/4, then it doesn't. Rumors going he might be using aspects of A:CM storyline aswell (which from the most part, was believable and half decent).
Got faith in the dude, but almost everything aliens after 2 has had a bad track record (Movie and game). It's like a curse lol
Posted Image

#2051 GasClown Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:30 AM

GasClown

• 5,939 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostSaintsy, on 21 May 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

While hudson pretty much made aliens, having him still alive after all that? Can't be done lol, unless they go all red queen from the resident evil movies and clone him lol.
Need some proper confirmations aswell. First it ignores alien 3/4, then it doesn't. Rumors going he might be using aspects of A:CM storyline aswell (which from the most part, was believable and half decent).
Got faith in the dude, but almost everything aliens after 2 has had a bad track record (Movie and game). It's like a curse lol

BTW - I watched Chappie the other week... and it's a very fucking lame movie which has got me very worried (about him doing the next Aliens). I think he started off on a great note with District 9, the movie after that wasn't as good but wasn't terrible (either), but Chappie as said... I had to force myself to watch it all.
Posted Image

#2052 Saintsy Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:28 AM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,279 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen
But you're hard to please lol.
Haven't watched it yet myself, though the trailers for it looked rather lame aswell haha.
Posted Image

#2053 SmokeyPSD Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

SmokeyPSD

Say it like Sackboy

• 329 posts
  • Twitter:SmokeyPSD
  • LocationCanberra, Aus
  • PSN:smokeypsd
  • Steam:smokeypsd

View PostGasClown, on 21 May 2015 - 04:30 AM, said:

BTW - I watched Chappie the other week... and it's a very fucking lame movie which has got me very worried (about him doing the next Aliens). I think he started off on a great note with District 9, the movie after that wasn't as good but wasn't terrible (either), but Chappie as said... I had to force myself to watch it all.

I'm feeling the same actually. All I've heard so far makes me think it will have a fan movie focus of what "Alien 3 should have been".  I'm not interested in a Alien film being "cool", fan servicey and being Aliens 2.0. The series has a higher artistic standard with all the directors that have come before making their mark, even with Fincher's and Jeunet's. The workprint of Alien 3 is amazing. If he can't actually make his own mark without respecting the past then he shouldn't be making an entry.
Posted Image

#2054 GasClown Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:50 AM

GasClown

• 5,939 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostSmokeyPSD, on 21 May 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

I'm feeling the same actually. All I've heard so far makes me think it will have a fan movie focus of what "Alien 3 should have been".  I'm not interested in a Alien film being "cool", fan servicey and being Aliens 2.0. The series has a higher artistic standard with all the directors that have come before making their mark, even with Fincher's and Jeunet's. The workprint of Alien 3 is amazing. If he can't actually make his own mark without respecting the past then he shouldn't be making an entry.

Agree - the artistic pedigree doesn't seem to be there or on par with all the other directors. After watching Chappie he's more and more looking like a one hit wonder.
Posted Image

#2055 Saintsy Posted Yesterday, 09:28 AM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,279 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen
Nothing wrong with Alien 3 so not sure why fans are getting in a piss if he does ignore 3/4.

For me, im hopeful, but bringing Ripley back into kinda ruins it. Yeah she's part of what made aliens, but the alien universe is so freakin huge! He has untold possibilities to choose from, making his own mark on the franchise but wants to go down this weird path.
Still hope for it, just have to wait and hear more about it really, its all rumours and utter nonsense lol.

Aliens 2.0 wouldn't be so bad haha. Colonial marines on another planet come across the Xeno's and other stuff. LV-426 needs to be rested though, unless he tries to tie in what A:CM tried to do.
Posted Image

#2056 GasClown Posted Yesterday, 09:56 AM

GasClown

• 5,939 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostSaintsy, on 22 May 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:

Nothing wrong with Alien 3

The biggest thing wrong with 3 is it came after Aliens... almost impossible to compete with. I mean, how can you top such a classic - it's one of the best action films ever made.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users