Posted Image

#2262 Saintsy Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:16 AM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,503 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen
  • Clan:FC#K
  • PSN:Saints221
Not sure how Foxtel expect to make new customers with their "3 months free" offer when their machines are pathetic and riddled with problems. Last couple days I've started encountering "Freeze" problems with the machine freezing and the remote no longer works, meaning have to pull the plug to reset, starting to get quite annoying when it's 5+ times during a footy game lol.

My cousin also started getting these problems with hers so she's switched back to the previous model since it's much better. Well if i were even considering staying with foxtel, i wouldn't be now haha, after viewing their forums they just don't give a shit it seems.
Posted Image

#2263 Axe99 Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:38 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 9,963 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Blazes, given how much they cost, you'd think they'd put a bit more effort into it!
Posted Image

#2264 Saintsy Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:21 AM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,503 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen
Indeed. Had to do a hard reset which surprisingly fixed the problem.
Only downside is i lost the 10odd movies i downloaded/recorded but ohwell. Just seems like if you record something, best watch it asap lol.
Posted Image

#2265 SmokeyPSD Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:58 PM

SmokeyPSD

Geek it up, Otacon

• 566 posts
  • Twitter:SmokeyPSD
  • LocationCanberra, Aus
  • PSN:smokeypsd
  • Steam:smokeypsd
Posted Image

lolol
Posted Image

#2266 Axe99 Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:32 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 9,963 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
lolol, meme of the week! (Although, more seriously, I'm not suggesting the raid was pushed by Turnbull, both sides are pretty atrocious at leaking stuff inappropriately).
Posted Image

#2267 Saintsy Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:16 PM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,503 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen
http://consequenceof...amn-terrifying/

Not much yet.. God paparazzi are like parasects, wait until the fucking things done lol
Posted Image

#2268 Aromaci Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:30 AM

Aromaci

Scholar Visari just keeps on keeping on

• 2,073 posts
  • Twitter:@IrateOcelot
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki
gotta get those clicks.
Posted Image

#2269 Saintsy Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:13 AM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,503 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen
So my computer is starting to shit itself after god knows how many years lol, probably time to buy a new one.
Not looking for a gaming rig or anything, Just an every day computer that'll play some flash games and the occasional downloading of movies lol.
Any suggestions? Brands to avoid? I have no idea about these things lol
Posted Image

#2270 GasClown Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:45 PM

GasClown

What is below, remains below. That is the law.

• 6,892 posts
  • LocationFerelden
  • Clan:N7
  • PSN:GasClown
  • XBL:M4EL5TR0M
  • Steam:GasClown

View PostSaintsy, on 10 June 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

So my computer is starting to shit itself after god knows how many years lol, probably time to buy a new one.
Not looking for a gaming rig or anything, Just an every day computer that'll play some flash games and the occasional downloading of movies lol.
Any suggestions? Brands to avoid? I have no idea about these things lol

How much are you willing to spend on it? Would you build it yourself or get it built (components separately rather than a pre-made build). Do you need to get a monitor with it? Does it need to have OS installed?
Posted Image

#2271 Saintsy Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:47 AM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,503 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen
Probably around $500-$750 for it, though after looking around, might need to spend a little more lol.
Already made, wouldn't trust me building it, stick with windows.
50/50 on the monitor, mines about 3 years old now.

Just after an everyday PC that'll last me the next 5-10 years lol.
Probably pick one up from office works or good guys with their sales this/next month haha
Posted Image

#2272 GasClown Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:11 PM

GasClown

• 6,892 posts
  • LocationFerelden

View PostSaintsy, on 11 June 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

Probably around $500-$750 for it, though after looking around, might need to spend a little more lol.
Already made, wouldn't trust me building it, stick with windows.
50/50 on the monitor, mines about 3 years old now.

Just after an everyday PC that'll last me the next 5-10 years lol.
Probably pick one up from office works or good guys with their sales this/next month haha

Yeah Aussie prices are a bit ridiculous particularly now with the dollar so low. With that sort of money, you'd be able to build something with around the power of a PS4, maybe a bit more. You could just get the shop you buy it from to put it together if it's that type of PC store. They'd probably only charge $50 for that. If you're monitor is 1080p then no point in getting something new.
Posted Image

#2273 Saintsy Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:38 AM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,503 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen
No need for a monitor then lol.

It's just crazy how many different types of PC's there are and all the different everythings lol
Posted Image

#2274 SmokeyPSD Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:31 PM

SmokeyPSD

Geek it up, Otacon

• 566 posts
  • Twitter:SmokeyPSD
  • LocationCanberra, Aus
  • PSN:smokeypsd
  • Steam:smokeypsd

View PostGasClown, on 11 June 2016 - 08:11 PM, said:

Yeah Aussie prices are a bit ridiculous particularly now with the dollar so low. With that sort of money, you'd be able to build something with around the power of a PS4, maybe a bit more. You could just get the shop you buy it from to put it together if it's that type of PC store. They'd probably only charge $50 for that. If you're monitor is 1080p then no point in getting something new.

Moderate/low pcs still aren't comparable to the PS4, etc because of the shared ram though? That's why PC gaming development has been struggling lately as the consoles are just moving up and down what they need for textures where PC hardware is stuck with whatever dedicated hardware you have. The moment you go above your vram every single game stutters, best case scenario. Just about every major release has been having a problem with texture streaming due to all this :S

This will probably be my last pc intending to play games even with it seemingly finally starting to be stable as I'm really unhappy with how much trouble it has been with dolllar to convenience/problems ratio and the abysmal releases. Ended up rebuying WatchDogs on PS4 because of how bad it was.
A lot of people knock buying prebuilt PCs but especially on the cheap end with not much mark up I really don't see what the problem is especially considering if something goes wrong you only have to deal with one manufacturing warranty and not troubleshoot the thing completely yourself, figuring out which exact part or even multiple companies you need to get intouch with about warranty issues. $2000 isn't exactly budget which seems to be the minimum that people suggest just build your own it's so affordable!! 0_o

This isn't directed at you Gasclown. Feel free to completely ignore this rant :/
Posted Image

#2275 GasClown Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:42 PM

GasClown

• 6,892 posts
  • LocationFerelden
@Saints - coming along very nicely. Reckon I'll have sprouted a few grey ones by the time it releases though. haha.

Posted Image

#2276 Saintsy Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:56 AM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,503 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen
Already having doubts lol...

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic