15 replies to this topic

#1 Outlaw Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Outlaw

ERROR 404 "SLEEP NOT FOUND"

• 1,679 posts
  • Twitter:@Outlaw213
  • Clan:GaS
  • PSN:Outlaw213
The Crysis 3 Open Beta now available on PC - X360 and PS3.

The hunter mode is fun, its too bad the game is still using P2P and is laggy - but other than the lag it is fun.

Posted Image

#2 ctrlaltdel Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

ctrlaltdel

Stealin' like Sly

• 952 posts
  • Twitter:ctrla1tde1
  • LocationMelbourne
  • PSN:ctrlaltdel-
  • Origin:cad_aus
  • XBL:ctrla1tde1
downloaded it and play 1 game on PS3 (similar to BLOPS2 hard-point).... laggy as hell (well, guess it's beta)

first impression, assault rifle - shit, shotgun - awesome.
i hate it same as the prev Crysis 2. ppl camp in the corner, turn on invisible and wait for you.
Posted Image

#3 OC-138 Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

OC-138

Master Namer

• 983 posts
  • LocationNew South Wales
  • Clan:FV
  • PSN:OC-138
I just played 2 games on PC, looks awesome and plays ok, i think the rifle needs a bit less recoil on it.

#4 Outlaw Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Outlaw

ERROR 404 "SLEEP NOT FOUND"

• 1,679 posts
  • Twitter:@Outlaw213
  • PSN:Outlaw213
I think the recoil is fine. And yeah you do get the issue with campers using cloak -_- also way toooo lagggy!

Only good thing about it is the Hunter mode, no camping there.

Posted Image

#5 DmnOnikage Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

DmnOnikage

Crashin' through like a bandicoot

• 100 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU
  • PSN:DmnOnikage
  • Steam:DmnOnikage
Played some Hunter mode on PS3 with hero and really enjoyed it.
I'm playing the main competitive mode on PC and I'm really enjoying that too. Tempted to pick this up, for PC of course.
Only shitty thing so far is this asshole that is using an aim-bot . if they can't sort that out before release and support after release.. I will be disappoint.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

#6 I_live_4_fun Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

I_live_4_fun

Cole McGrath, just electric

• 1,868 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
  • Clan:BLaZn
  • PSN:I_live_4_fun
Crytek's released some Patch Notes for the first patch update applied to the Crysis 3 Beta:

We’ve applied a patch that is now live on all servers for PC and PS3 (and will be for Xbox 360 soon). Here are some of the changes being implemented in the Multiplayer Beta Data Patch 1.0:
  • “Marshall” shotgun’s damage tweaked
  • “OGR” machine gun’s recoil reduced
  • Predator Bow’s  charge time reduced (from 1.3s to 1.0s)
  • ADS sensitivity modified to improve weapon handling and aiming
  • “Pinger” vehicle rotation speed increased
  • AY69 submachine gun damage increased
  • “Swarmer” kill streak reward damage increased
  • “Swarmer” kill streak reward damage tweaked
We also plan on introducing additional changes to the Crysis 3 Multiplayer, particularly to game balance and technical issues. Many of these improvements are based off of your feedback, so thanks again for enabling us to provide you with continued support.

You can check out Crytek's notes and more detailed responses about the Beta from the Official Crysis 3 Website, as well as how to report and handle cheaters if you find any in the Multiplayer.

Posted Image

"Yohohohohohoho!!!!!"

#7 DmnOnikage Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

DmnOnikage

• 100 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU
Recorded some gameplay of this:

I've got another, full match recorded/produced with the same settings.
Next time (if that happens), I'll try producing the video at a better resolution.

#8 Axe99 Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,172 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Nice one Dmn - it looks very smooth, slick and fast, as long as it's not too laggy should do alright for itself B). Map design looks interesting enough as well.
Posted Image

#9 DmnOnikage Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

DmnOnikage

• 100 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU
I can increase the brightness so it wasn't as dark as before. I tried recording in full HD last night and it worked fine. The only problem is production, to achieve a reasonable file size the video quality drops too much. But you're right, especially without recording it's smooth, slick and fast, and the lag is usually quite tolerable. I just might pick up the game when it releases.

#10 DmnOnikage Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

DmnOnikage

• 100 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU
I've got the right format and such now for rendering so the quality is better than what it was before^. By altering the data rate I can again affect the quality and file size. I'll probably make a few videos in the future, especially if I pick up Crysis 3.

#11 I_live_4_fun Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

I_live_4_fun

• 1,868 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Crytek are rolling out a Patch and a Data update for the Crysis 3 Multiplayer over the next few days. The official Patch Notes describe fixes to a number of issues like players being unable to fire or reload occasionally, crosshairs becoming invisible after certain actions along with minor tweaks to a range of weapons and equipment including the Scar and the Bow. These updates are currently live for the PC and will be released on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 soon.

Posted Image

Patch 1.1
This will be a physical update requiring you to download it when prompted from Origin/XBL/PSN and contains numerous bug fixes and updates:
  • Fix for users getting stuck in the Pinger
  • Fix for Flashbang/Smoke grenade reactions not displaying in Kill Cam
  • Fix for crosshair becoming invisible after certain actions
  • Fixes for squads joining and disconnecting from servers
  • Fix for players being unable to fire or reload occasionally
  • Fix for users occasionally being able to hear VTOL damage siren constantly
  • Weapons retrieved from the ground now have the correct attachments
  • Fix for players getting stuck if ripping HMG off VTOL during destruction
  • Fix for being unable to detonate C4 after host migration on consoles
  • Fix for game not ending correctly if last opponent triggers a host migration
  • Fix for issue where sometimes rip and throw weapons would not deal damage in smoke grenades
  • Fix for relay in CTR becoming stuck if picking up relay during shotgun reload
  • Fix for icons disappearing occasionally in CTR
  • Fix for players occasionally spawning with wrong loadout in Assault (PC Only)
  • Last Man Standing no longer displayed in Hunter for players that have just died
  • Fixed issue with teams during host migration in Hunter/Assault
  • Significant optimisation to Medium detail settings (PC Only)
  • Particle optimisation (PC Only)

Data Patch B
Data Patch B is a behind the scenes update and is automatically downloaded when entering Multiplayer. Patch B contains the following tweaks:
  • Melee whilst sliding damage reduced to match patch A's melee damage
  • Typhoon mid range damage reduction
  • Bow sensitivity reduced to match Assault Scope values on PS3/X360 as they have similar zoom values. PC remains as before
  • SCAR+Laser long distance effectiveness reduced.
  • Threat Awareness module levelling targets reduced to 3/10 enemy C4's destroyed
  • Potential fix for "Incoming!" Skill Assessment not levelling up correctly
  • Fix for Social Challenge skill assessments not being tracked correctly

It is likely that these patches will not go live at the same time across all platforms so keep checking the official MyCrytek forum thread (linked below) as to when your platforms patches are live.

Patch 1.1 Status:
PC: LIVE @ 16:15GMT
X360: TBC
PS3:TBC

Data Patch B Status:
PC: LIVE @ 16:45GMT
X360: LIVE @ 16:45GMT
PS3:LIVE @ 16:45GMT

Posted Image

Source: MyCrytek Forums

Posted Image

"Yohohohohohoho!!!!!"

#12 I_live_4_fun Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

I_live_4_fun

• 1,868 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Crytek have released another Patch and Data update for Crysis 3. The Patch 1.2 update is now live and only applies for the PC to fix some minor graphical problems and issues in the game, while the Data Patch C will be available across all platforms later on to tweak and fix some balancing issues in the Crysis 3 Multiplayer.

"Thanks for all your helpful feedback on Crysis 3 so far, and for your contribution to making the gameplay experience the best it can be. As you can imagine, the post-launch period has been exciting and busy in equal measure as we gather feedback from players around the globe and make tweaks based on our own observations".

Posted Image

PC Patch 1.2 Update
This will be a physical update requiring you to download it when prompted from Origin and contains numerous bug fixes and updates:
  • Fixed after-match award dog tags from not loading from the profile correctly
  • Fixed root cause of some graphics driver crashes
  • Fixed particle shader causing black squares/broken shading on some graphics cards
  • Fixed shadering issue with underwater fog
  • Fixed issues with non-default controls for weapon customization
  • Fixed some issues with binding non-default vehicle controls

Data Patch C Update
Data Patch C is a behind the scenes update and is automatically downloaded when entering Multiplayer. Patch C will contain the following tweaks when it is released at a later date across all platforms:
  • Developers Choice playlist updated to new game mode variation
  • Jackal fire rate decreased slightly
  • Jackal per pellet damage fall off increased
  • Fixed an issue where the Takedowns spread escalated too quickly in certain zoom modes
  • Grendel fall damage fall off reduced for better long range impact
  • FY71/SCAR damage fall off increased to reduce their effective range
  • Further matchmaking tweaks for X360 and PS3 to increase chance of local sessions being found
  • Foregrip and Muzzle Brake effectiveness reduced slightly
  • Laser sight effectiveness reduced slightly

Posted Image

Source: MyCrytek Forums - PC Patch Update and Data Update

Posted Image

"Yohohohohohoho!!!!!"

#13 I_live_4_fun Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:02 AM

I_live_4_fun

• 1,868 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Crytek are still showing plenty of support for the exceptional Crysis 3 with a new Patch update released on the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The Patch 1.3 update is now live and will fix a range of issues present on all platforms such as crashing/freezing issues, a reduction in bandwidth usage, as well as fixing problems exclusive to each of the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 respectively.

Posted Image

Crysis 3 All-Platform Patch 1.3 Notes

"Crysis 3 Patch 1.3 is now live! This is an all-platform patch, although not all platforms will update at the same time, and patch notes vary slightly across the board. Below you can find the full patch notes.

"Ahead of this patch release, we also conducted a Q&A with the developers on some of the key updates found in this patch, you can find all of their answers in the news article here: http://secure.mycrys... ... es-and-q-a"

Multiplatform
  • Reduction in bandwidth usage
  • Fixed issue where other player's weapons may not be visible when joining the game
  • The "Scout" perk now saves progress correctly
  • Fix for rip & throw items occasionally entering a state where players cannot interact with them
  • Fix for Relay not capturing correct if the carrier is within the cap zone when the friendly relay is returned
  • End of round audio now works correctly
  • Fix for nanovisor becoming locked in some cases
  • Fixed crashes/freezes of the game after the boss fight (some save games still might not be functioning 100% so a restart of the last level might be required)
  • Fixed issue with boss not being triggered correctly and thus not appearing at all (some save games still might not be functioning 100% so a restart of the last level might be required)
  • Fixed extended magazine attachment of the SCAR to not lose 10 clips anymore after each death of the player
  • Fixed secret email not unlocking properly after collecting all Intel in the levels
  • Fix for after match award dogtags failing to unlock

PC Exclusive
  • Option to turn off squad & clan support when balancing
  • Anti cheat improvements
  • Ability to customize ADS sensitivity through console commands
  • Fixes for weapon customization when bound to a non-default key
  • Fix for vsync not applying on first boot of the game (even if on in menus)
  • Fix drawnear fov being reset every player spawn
  • AMD feature updates for Eyefinity, DBT and HD3D support
  • Improvements made regarding the SLI performance issues
  • Additional Fix for Limit number of muted DX debug runtime error to bare minimum to help tracking issues early

Xbox 360 Exclusive
  • Minimised risk of crash when transitioning from SP to MP when in a party with active VOIP
  • Fix for aim assist not working correctly in some areas of maps
  • Fix for an issue that could cause host migration failures
  • Potential fixes for issues related to audio stuttering
  • Dog tags now unlocking properly

PlayStation 3 Exclusive
  • Fix for aim assist not working correctly in some areas of maps
  • Fix for an issue that could cause host migration failures
  • Dog tags now unlocking properly

Posted Image

Source: MyCrytek Forums

Posted Image

"Yohohohohohoho!!!!!"

#14 Batty Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

Batty

Rip it up, Ratchet

• 496 posts
Got on 2 nights ago on ps3. Took 25 minutes to find a game. The game I found was with...Polish people?...with ridiculous lag. Is anyone playing multiplayer on this these days?

#15 Axe99 Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 8,172 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Thanks for the info Live B).  And good luck Batty!  Crysis 2's MP didn't stand out enough for me, a lot of the guys I know who played it thought similar, so it may have reduced take-up for MP this time around?  Or it could be rubbish matchmaking.  Good luck with those crazy Polacks!
Posted Image

#16 Batty Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

Batty

Rip it up, Ratchet

• 496 posts
C2 multi was crap but Ive traded Codbo2 and was looking for a quick twitch fix. Didn't find it in C3 multi. Am enjoying the super soldier play through of the campaign though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crytek, Crysis 3, Crysis 3 Patch, EA

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Crysis 3 Patch 1.1 and Data Update

By I_live_4_fun in Gaming News, on 27 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

Crytek are rolling out a Patch and a Data update for the Crysis 3 Multiplayer over the next few days. The Patch Notes describe fixes to a number of issues like players being unable to fire or reload occasionally, crosshairs becoming invisible after certain actions along with minor tweaks to a range of weapons and equipment including the Scar and the...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users