I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,586 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
RaceRoom
This has gone in open beta now you just have to create an account to access the extra stuff.

It is a free2play racing game and only a beta so there aren't many cars or tracks, so no multiplayer yet.

There are a couple of free cars and 2 tracks (1 circuit(5 variations) and 1 hillclimb) with extra tracks and cars already available for purchase including Bathurst. They use their own points(RP) to purchase but tracks look to cost around $5-8 dollars with cars around $2-5 this is only an estimate though.

It is definitely more sim so stay away if you plan on using a keyboard.

I like what they have done to the ghost mode that pops up after you complete a lap, it is basically a racing line of what you did on the best lap showing your lift off points, acceleration and braking which I quite like and I find it more useful than just having a ghost and really helps in developing braking points.

I think it is around a 6gb download not sure since I can't remember how big it was to begin with, the update today was 4.6gb.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#2 WalrusKing Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,586 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
Ops, forgot to mention that if you sign up in the first 2 weeks you get the Apex hunt mode and Get real pack for free which usually 99rp each. 500rp is $6.49 so I guess they are about $1.10 normally.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#3 Axe99 Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,042 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Thanks for the info Spectre B).  Interesting to see the f2p 'revolution' find its way to sim racing.
Posted Image

#4 WalrusKing Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,586 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
Its fun, I wouldn't say it was super sim but you still need to be careful when driving to keep it on the track.
You also need constant internet connection to sever and it will kick you the moment you lose it.

As for the pricing of the cars and tracks they seem a bit on the expensive side when you add them all up, hopefully bundles will offer good value.

It will be interesting how much free content it will offer in the final game, and this will really determine how much I will be willing to spend on it.

Posted Image

#5 Axe99 Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,042 posts
  • LocationCanberra

View Postspectre51, on 01 February 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

Its fun, I wouldn't say it was super sim but you still need to be careful when driving to keep it on the track.
You also need constant internet connection to sever and it will kick you the moment you lose it.

I'm so against this :/.  One of the reasons I haven't got around to grabbing Diablo III, and am will wait until Sim City 4 is right cheap.  It may well be the way of the future, but I'll be waving my walking stick at it until I die!
Posted Image

#6 WalrusKing Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,586 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean

View PostAxe99, on 01 February 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

I'm so against this :/.  One of the reasons I haven't got around to grabbing Diablo III, and am will wait until Sim City 4 is right cheap.  It may well be the way of the future, but I'll be waving my walking stick at it until I die!

I think it could be just because its a beta, as every-time you start a test or time trail it says connecting to sever. So one would hope they would drop it when the full version is released, as it is bloody annoying getting kicked in the middle of the lap.

Posted Image

#7 Axe99 Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,042 posts
  • LocationCanberra
Ah, cool - yeah, understand something like that in beta, that's alright.  Sorry, brain's a bit off atm, went and jumped to conclusions!
Posted Image

#8 WalrusKing Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,586 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
Zonda R is coming along with a bunch of other stuff, might just have to get the smallest amount of rp to get it. Still wish we had some info on upcoming game modes.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users