13 replies to this topic

#1 I_live_4_fun Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

I_live_4_fun

I Am The Egg Man

• 1,550 posts
  • LocationHedgehog Universe
  • Clan:BLaZn
  • PSN:I_live_4_fun
Activision has just confirmed that they will be launching a new Call of Duty title for this year. During Activision's Q4 Conference Call, they highlighted that one of the priorities for 2013 was producing a Call of Duty title for the year, although they have not officially announced which developer(s) are in charge of this instalment in the franchise yet.

Posted Image
Meanwhile, Activision Publishing CEO, Eric Hirshberg, has also announced that the company will be expecting that this year's title will not perform as well as last year's Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, mainly due to "a challenged global economy" and "the ongoing console transition."

"For Call of Duty, consistent with our past practices, we are planning for the mainline release in Q4 to be down versus 2012," Hirshberg said. Activision's fiscal year runs along with the calendar year, so the company's fourth quarter runs from Oct. 1 through Dec. 31.

Black Ops 2 helped push Activision to record revenues in 2012 — it was the year's best-selling game in dollars throughout the U.S. and Europe, and brought in $1 billion of revenue within 15 days of its launch in November.

"For 2013 on the Activision Publishing side, there is increased volatility this year due to the ongoing console transition, which makes predicting the future more challenging than in normal years in the cycle," he said.

(Source: Polygon)

It is very likely that Activision will continue the Call of Duty franchise on the next-gen consoles due to the past success, but they will probably make more official announcements regarding this later on.

Other Sources: MP1st & CharlieINTEL

Posted Image

#2 Saintsy Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

Saintsy

Pink Fluffy Unicorn

• 2,144 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen
  • Clan:FC#K
  • PSN:Saints221
This glass represents how surprised i am. As you can see, it's empty.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 WalrusKing Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

WalrusKing

I_Am_The_Walrus

• 1,592 posts
  • LocationArctic Ocean
  • PSN:spectre51
  • Origin:Wilfindja
  • XBL:wilfindja
  • Steam:spectre51
I know, is this really news, its a massive money maker and Activision will drive this into the ground like they did with Guitar hero until it dies.

Posted Image
I am the eggman, they are the eggman---I am the walrus GOO GOO GOO JOOB, GOO GOO GOO JOOB

#4 I_live_4_fun Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

I_live_4_fun

I Am The Egg Man

• 1,550 posts
Yeah, it's not particularly exciting news lol :D. But it's kind of interesting what they said about predicting that Call of Duty 2013 will not perform as well as Black Ops 2. Wonder how the sales will go when it's released with all the next-gen console talk too.

Posted Image

#5 acriu Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

acriu

Crashin' through like a bandicoot

• 108 posts
  • PSN:acriu55
  • XBL:acriu55
I'm curious as to how they will approach the next gen as this will come out around the same time as the new consoles. If they release COD for the current gen and the next gen it will divide the community. they would have to tread carefully with that

#6 straussy240 Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

straussy240

Cole McGrath, just electric

• 1,832 posts
  • LocationSyd
  • PSN:straussy240
  • Steam:straussy270
The surprise is they will use the same engine on next gen consoles. The time, effort and money required to make a new engine could not be accommodated with all the time they need to count money they make each year...

#7 Axe99 Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,061 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Haha, aye, not the world's most earth-shattering news, although perhaps a little less obvious this year with the transition.  It will be interesting to see what platform(s) it's on, for a start, and as you've all said, whether it'll cross the gap between the generations.  Will also be interesting to see where they take it, now that the 'Modern Warfare' storyline should be over.  I'd love it if they went back to something a bit more authentic in a historical setting (ironically, the Call of Duty series was partly set up the way it was initially because the devs were concerned Medal of Honor wasn't authentic enough - now, ten years on, the situation has reversed almost completely!), but I suspect the time for that has well and truly passed.
Posted Image

#8 Outlaw Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

Outlaw

ERROR 404 "SLEEP NOT FOUND"

• 1,671 posts
  • Twitter:@Outlaw213
  • Clan:GaS
  • PSN:Outlaw213
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Aromaci Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Aromaci

Funky like Parappa the Rappa

• 1,190 posts
  • Twitter:@CupcakeShogun
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki
^ Awesome
Posted Image

#10 Doomystic Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Doomystic

Sexy like Nariko

• 202 posts
  • PSN:Doomystic
LOL, if they have finished with the Modern Warfare theme, what do you think will next? I vote for COD The American Revolution, muskets that take 30 seconds to reload for that one inaccurate shot. Wait sounds like half of the current guns
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee."   Jules Winnfield

#11 I_live_4_fun Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

I_live_4_fun

I Am The Egg Man

• 1,550 posts
There's been a few leaked posters and rumours about indicating the new Call of Duty for 2013 might be called Call of Duty: Ghosts. According to the leaked image below from IGN, we can probably expect promotional posters and official details about the next Call of Duty title to be released on May 1st (or more likely May 2nd for the Australian/New Zealand region).

Posted Image

Stay tuned for more details and updates soon :D.

Source: MP1st - Next Call of Duty Reveal Incoming May 1

Posted Image

#12 Axe99 Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Axe99

Birds of Steel!

• 7,061 posts
  • LocationCanberra
  • Clan:SPT
  • PSN:Axe99
  • XBL:Axey99
  • Steam:Axe99
Nice sleuthing Live B).  We can't be more than a few weeks away from all the pre-E3 reveals, and I'd wager we'll see a few this year, two new consoles and all :D.
Posted Image

#13 Aromaci Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Aromaci

Funky like Parappa the Rappa

• 1,190 posts
  • Twitter:@CupcakeShogun
  • Clan:VVV
  • PSN:Aromaci
  • Origin:Scipio_Dio
  • Steam:Aromaki
Can't wait to not buy this.
Posted Image

#14 KILL_DEM_ALL Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

KILL_DEM_ALL

Rip it up, Ratchet

• 441 posts
  • LocationTe Kuiti, New Zealand
  • PSN:KlLL_DEM_ALL
I hope it's my like 'Modern Warfare' than 'Black Ops'
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2013, CoD, CoD 2013, Activision

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Call of Duty 2013 Confirmed by Actvision

By GraphicX in Gaming News, on 08 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

Activision has just confirmed that they will be launching a new Call of Duty title for this year. During Activision's Q4 Conference Call, they highlighted that one of the priorities for 2013 was producing a Call of Duty title for the year, although they have not officially announced which developer(s) are in charge of this installment in...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users